Dolphins cornerback Sean Smith slights Braylon Edwards

Jetfan13

Aren't you suppossed to actually do something before you shot your yap off?

Miami cornerback Sean Smith tossed another log onto the fire in the Jets-Dolphins never-ending war of words by taking credit for something that, well, never happened in his matchups against Braylon Edwards last season according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

The Dolphins, of course, swept the season series with their AFC East rivals. But it had little to do with Smith

Haha... this is awesome.

Last season the Jets were the brash ones... and it was the Dolphins that shook their finger at us and chided the Jets for being boastful, and ****y, and braggadoh-see-doh-ish... and now here we are catching an earful of crap 3-4 times a week from the team that is going to be fight off the Bills for a distant 3rd in the division.

Haha... this is awesome.

Last season the Jets were the brash ones... and it was the Dolphins that shook their finger at us and chided the Jets for being boastful, and ****y, and braggadoh-see-doh-ish... and now here we are catching an earful of crap 3-4 times a week from the team that is going to be fight off the Bills for a distant 3rd in the division.

Seriously, those clowns are talking way more than the Jets ever did last year.

This Smith idiot is completely making **** up in his head now that never happened. Edwards pissed all over him last year.

I was confused by Smith's quote when I first read it in another article, so I'm glad somebody pointed this out. Braylon easily had two of his best games of the season against Miami, not to mention that the first game was a matter of a few days after he joined the team. I don't even understand it, I feel like it would be like if the Patriots bragged about how they always shut down Cotchery, it doesn't make a damn bit of a sense.

I was confused by Smith's quote when I first read it in another article, so I'm glad somebody pointed this out. Braylon easily had two of his best games of the season against Miami, not to mention that the first game was a matter of a few days after he joined the team. I don't even understand it, I feel like it would be like if the Patriots bragged about how they always shut down Cotchery, it doesn't make a damn bit of a sense.

I compare it to Randy Moss stating that it would be easy for him to be a shutdown corner after getting lost on Revis Island in week 2.

First off I think a lot of you guys are making more out of this than is actually there. It's the off season though so I can understand why. When we look at how he did though when he was actually on Edwards he did do pretty well.

1st game- 1 reception 17 yards 0 TD's

2nd game- 2 for 39 yards 1 TD

That's weak spin. If he matched up so well against Edwards, he's be on him all the time.

That's weak spin. If he matched up so well against Edwards, he's be on him all the time.

No, pointing out how Edwards did against other corner backs to support a theory that Edward's some how owned smith is a weak spin. Looking at how they did when matched up head to head is really the only way one should look at it.

No, pointing out how Edwards did against other corner backs to support a theory that Edward's some how owned smith is a weak spin. Looking at how they did when matched up head to head is really the only way one should look at it.

How many plays did they actually line up?

If Smith lined up against Edwards for 10 passing plays and Edwards had the ball thrown to him three times and he caught one, you can say that Smith maybe got the better of it. But if Smith line up against Edwards for 3 passing plays and Edwards had the ball thrown to him twice and caught both for 39 yards and a TD then Edwards torched his ass.

Posting what Edwards did against Smith doesn't tell you anything without knowing how many plays they were lined up one on one, how many of those plays were passing plays and how many times Edwards was thrown to.

How many plays did they actually line up?

If Smith lined up against Edwards for 10 passing plays and Edwards had the ball thrown to him three times and he caught one, you can say that Smith maybe got the better of it. But if Smith line up against Edwards for 3 passing plays and Edwards had the ball thrown to him twice and caught both for 39 yards and a TD then Edwards torched his ass.

Posting what Edwards did against Smith doesn't tell you anything without knowing how many plays they were lined up one on one, how many of those plays were passing plays and how many times Edwards was thrown to.

I think out of all of your responses to me this is the only one I agree with. I don't know how many times they actually lined up head to head. I have both games on my Comp I may (probably not) go back and look at that.

Either way though Smiths comments are not out of line. Especially when we look at how they did head to head and his comments are viewed in the context in which the question was asked. I understand this is the off season and we as fans are looking for something, anything to get excited about our teams. I just think this whole thing is blown way out of proportion.

I think out of all of your responses to me this is the only one I agree with. I don't know how many times they actually lined up head to head. I have both games on my Comp I may (probably not) go back and look at that.

Either way though Smiths comments are not out of line. Especially when we look at how they did head to head and his comments are viewed in the context in which the question was asked. I understand this is the off season and we as fans are looking for something, anything to get excited about our teams. I just think this whole thing is blown way out of proportion.

Kind of like how certain comments by a certain coach about not kissing another coach's rings were blown out of proportion by a certain LB.

Who in the hell are the FLorida Panthers???

The Florida Panthers are a professional hockey team that, like all other South Florida sports franchises, is generally met with apathy from their local fanbase, forcing them to play their home games in front of arenas and stadiums filled primarily with fans of the opposing team. :Nuts:

Braylon Edwards has 9 receptions for 138 yards and 2 TD's against the damn squid. With a rookie Q.B and a WR that just got picked up mid season.

I repeat, thats 9 receptions for 138 yards and 2 TDs HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

So not only did Braylon school Sean Smith. He actually went to work against the entire secondary.

Just in case the fish morons on this board couldn't digest it, I'll say it again. Thats 9 receptions for 138 yards and 2 TD's.

Braylon took the whole secondary to work. Even with a double team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oYxLDv8N1w

Vontae (smoke weed) Davis and the Gerbil couldn't even hold him.

Phin fan, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

First off I think a lot of you guys are making more out of this than is actually there. It's the off season though so I can understand why. When we look at how he did though when he was actually on Edwards he did do pretty well.

How many times did that POS actually cover Edwards ? Nice try loser.

The Florida Panthers are a professional hockey team that, like all other South Florida sports franchises, is generally met with apathy from their local fanbase, forcing them to play their home games in front of arenas and stadiums filled primarily with fans of the opposing team. :Nuts:

:-k That sounds VERY familiar. :biggrin:

Braylon Edwards has 9 receptions for 138 yards and 2 TD's against the damn squid. With a rookie Q.B and a WR that just got picked up mid season.

I repeat, thats 9 receptions for 138 yards and 2 TDs HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

So not only did Braylon school Sean Smith. He actually went to work against the entire secondary.

Just in case the fish morons on this board couldn't digest it, I'll say it again. Thats 9 receptions for 138 yards and 2 TD's.

Braylon took the whole secondary to work. Even with a double team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oYxLDv8N1w

Vontae (smoke weed) Davis and the Gerbil couldn't even hold him.

Phin fan, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

good post

Listen, The comment Smith made was head to head. According to those numbers he held Edwards in check. People lie, numbers don't.

Held him in check?

I would love to know how many plays he covered Edwards, I would put money on the assumption that is wasn't many and that the numbers you posted don't help Smiths case as much as you think they do...

If you think giving up 1 TD in 2 games as CB by committee is good you're crazy.

AND, I bet you're the same phins fan who'll scream Ginn owned Revis with that 1 TD... Wouldn't mind seeing that statline either...

Held him in check?

I would love to know how many plays he covered Edwards, I would put money on the assumption that is wasn't many and that the numbers you posted don't help Smiths case as much as you think they do...

If you think giving up 1 TD in 2 games as CB by committee is good you're crazy.

hahah I don't know whats so hard to understand and for the life of me I find it hilarious that so many people are upset over this.

Smiths comments..

`We had a couple of good battles,

Wait... let me understand this... 3 catches for 56 yards and 1 touchdown is winning a battle? And to think Fish fans were all over the Jets last year for running their mouths about being a violent defense... well... all we did was back that talk up with the #1 defense in the nfl.

:cheers:

Wait... let me understand this... 3 catches for 56 yards and 1 touchdown is winning a battle? And to think Fish fans were all over the Jets last year for running their mouths about being a violent defense... well... all we did was back that talk up with the #1 defense in the nfl.

:cheers:

As much as 2 catches for 57 Yards and a TD is I guess.

Archived