Favorite Band(s)?

war ensemble

Hector, I28...went back and listened to Milo Goes to College again...and it is a great album...maybe its the later stuff that bothers me.

I never claimed their catalog was awesome from top to bottom, just that the album is awesome from start to finish.

But I'd like to add Operation Ivy to my list...I can neve get enough of their music.

But think of all the ****ty ska punk bands that they inspired!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listen to almost every genre, other than new country, so I'll break it down by top 5 of each:

1. Clasic Rock: Beatles, Zep, Who, Floyd, Neil Young, Steely Dan, Clapton, Cream, Blind Faith

2. Metal: Metaliica(Pre-And Justice..), Slayer, Maiden, Sabbath, Megadeth

3: Hip-Hop : Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, The Roots , Biggy, Wu-Tang, MosDef, Talib Kweli

4: Rock: Van Halen (DLR), Rush, Foo Fighters, Police, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Mad Season

5: Jam: Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, Govt Mule, Keller Williams, Moe

6: ALT: Cake, Radiohead, Black Keys, (old) Weezer, Flamming Lips,

7: Country: Johnny cash, Willie Nelson,

8: Reggae: Marley, tosh, Burning Spear, Toots and Maytals, Steel Pulse

9: Jazz: Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Coltrane, Stan Getz, Dave Brubeck

10: Standard: Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, Louie Prima

11: New(ish)Alt: Vampire Weekend, Coheed/Cambria, The Hold Steady, Killers,

12: R&B/Soul: Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke, Temptations, Big Joe Turner, John Legend

I'm sure I missed a ton, but I love me some good music!

I listen to almost every genre, other than new country, so I'll break it down by top 5 of each:

1. Clasic Rock: Beatles, Zep, Who, Floyd, Neil Young, Steely Dan, Clapton, Cream, Blind Faith

3: Hip-Hop : Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, The Roots , Biggy, Wu-Tang, MosDef, Talib Kweli

4: Rock: Van Halen (DLR), Rush, Foo Fighters, Police, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Mad Season

12: R&B/Soul: Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke, Temptations, Big Joe Turner, John Legend

2 types of "ALT," whatever "Standard" + 2 other "Rock" + "Jam" categories... that's 6 categories of what amounts to rock and roll... but no BLUES?

Son, you need to go buy yourself the Complete Recordings of Robert Johnson, The Best of John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Son House, Skip James, Howlin' Wolf and some of BB King's old stuff, and go from there... :D

2 types of "ALT," whatever "Standard" + 2 other "Rock" + "Jam" categories... that's 6 categories of what amounts to rock and roll... but no BLUES?

Son, you need to go buy yourself the Complete Recordings of Robert Johnson, The Best of John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Son House, Skip James, Howlin' Wolf and some of BB King's old stuff, and go from there... :D

+ 1

But I like his list overall.

Just added Lead Belly to my library. Very excited.

Also added a bunch of Lee Scratch Perry. He's on my list too.

O Rly... I simply forgot a Blues section, but I thought it would be apparent since I included Clapton/BF, and Zeppelin who stole most of Willie Dixon's songbook, as well as from many others. I've seen B.B. 4 times, Clapton 5, Clapton/Winwood 2X, and SRV twice.

If you're going to hate on the list, don't be so obvious with your suggestions. Where's Robert Cray, Buddy Guy, Freddie King, Koko Taylor, etc...., son?:character0282:

Forgive me if I misunderstood your intentions, but the "Son" comment kinda set me off.

THey bore me.. most of the old time blues .. even the enw straight up guys players are boring. Jazz is much more interesting

Need an instrumental rock section and a prog rock section.

thanks.

Archived