PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

I have seen one JI/JN mafia game start in night before. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. Of course, the one upside is you do have some info to work with on day one, but its essentially the equivalent to just voting no-lynch day one, which kind of sucks.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For once, I'm actually speechless! Shocking, isn't it?

Really? Shocking? People pay 25 cents an hour to party in the rat hole, and i just let them do whatever. Money is money...

Really? Shocking? People pay 25 cents an hour to party in the rat hole, and i just let them do whatever. Money is money...

I guess I didn't notice. I only have eyes for you when I'm visiting, darling.

But since you're the mod this time, and climbing all over you is likely to get my lynched.....

*notices a new guy* Hi there, handsome. Where have you been hiding? Runin, isn't it?

Well, I'm here. DPR like to PAFO people in my experience, so I think we are gonna have to figure out all this stuff on our own.

Can't give me a normal game to start off with can you DPR? :P

Oh, Adella, love, you're so funny. This IS DPR, after all? This IS normal! :yes:

Good point.... I guess I should have been expecting this.

I wasn't, but I'm not surprised. This should be a fun ride, but probably a short one for me after last game. Some people don't trust me right now. Can't imagine why..... ;-)

Have youmseen predator?

Checking in for a moment before I leave for the day. I have not seen Predator. I'll have to depend on others' expertise on how the game relates to the movie. Granted I know very little about the movie, but it looks a little too frightening (and potentially gory) for my tastes. I can try watching it with JVoR this weekend if it's recommended. I'm really a huge wimp when it comes to scary movies. :P

If I die tonight, here's a list of players to look at and why...

Brett - he is mad at me because I actually pegged him on day 1 last game when he lazy voted my antics.

SMC - we share the same first name and I wear it much better.

Pac - totally jealous of my good looks.

Smash - I always think he's scum so he's looking to get me out of the way as quick as possible.

Slats - is completely and utterly infatuated with me in teh mafia goodness and he looks like Trey from phish.

Bleedin - is mad at me for last game because I hurt his feelings, plus I'm pretty sure after all the years of posting together he doesnt care for me all that much.

JVoR - genuinely hates me and loves to see me die.

DanX - intimidated by my beauty and brains

Lily - jealous of muffin top

If I'm still alive, its a good chance these players are town...

Dr. Crushlove - he's my muffin top and I'm his Bup-z

CTM - secretly loves me and enjoys my mafia banter, typically likes to see me stick around a day or 2 before he gets annoyed and speed lynches me.

VicGod - we share a special bond w/ the Asian Persuasion

AVM - pretty sure he has the hots for me.

Shutout - he's Batman

Hess - we are both crazy and nobody understands us but we understand each other.

I28 - we share the same taste in music and when nobody accepted him around here, I welcomed him with open arms. Usually buys me some time with him.

If I didnt list you, dont be offended, we just dont have the history for me to figure these things out.

Good luck!

Brett - he is mad at me because I actually pegged him on day 1 last game when he lazy voted my antics.

Smash - I always think he's scum so he's looking to get me out of the way as quick as possible.

Slats - is completely and utterly infatuated with me in teh mafia goodness and he looks like Trey from phish.

Bleedin - is mad at me for last game because I hurt his feelings, plus I'm pretty sure after all the years of posting together he doesnt care for me all that much.

CTM - secretly loves me and enjoys my mafia banter, typically likes to see me stick around a day or 2 before he gets annoyed and speed lynches me.

Shutout - he's Batman

Hess - we are both crazy and nobody understands us but we understand each other.

I28 - we share the same taste in music and when nobody accepted him around here, I welcomed him with open arms. Usually buys me some time with him.

If I didnt list you, dont be offended, we just dont have the history for me to figure these things out.

Good luck!

Just to be clear, it's not that I don't care for you, I'm just indifferent. :P

If you're not dead you're obviously scum, but I'll hold off on my vote until I see the opening daytime scene.

Checking in for a moment before I leave for the day. I have not seen Predator. I'll have to depend on others' expertise on how the game relates to the movie. Granted I know very little about the movie, but it looks a little too frightening (and potentially gory) for my tastes. I can try watching it with JVoR this weekend if it's recommended. I'm really a huge wimp when it comes to scary movies. :P

You don't have to watch the movie, or read the wiki, or anything. I'll be using lots of references in the scenes, but that's just for flavor. All you have to know is how to play mafia. :biggrin:

Night is almost over.

Shutout - he's Batman

Good luck!

lol... in my mind, if there's a kill based solely on identity politics, I've got a few ideas who would be favorites.

The General looks at each of you one more time.

"In addition to everything I have told you, I do have one more surprise. We have been able to collect several pieces of the Predators equipment. Some of you have been given these items, but we do not yet know how they work, so keep them hidden. It may well turn out that you learn their secrets and will be able to use them, in which case, they will be your best chance against the creatures that hunt you."

He lights a cigar.

"And I do mean creatures. The unit sent in before you was destroyed by more than one."

The General turns to Dutch. "Is there anything else that you can tell them?"

Dutch just shakes his head. "Be careful. Use your heads. They will hunt you, but they can be hunted in return. Good luck."

The General nods, and that's it. It's time to deploy. You begin to scramble, grabbing gear and loading into choppers. In a matter of minutes, three choppers lift into the pre-dawn mist and head toward the target zone.

The General and Dutch are left standing alone, lost in thought. Neither spots the tri-laser points on each other's chests until it is too late. The lasers climb up on to their foreheads, there is a flash, and both men crumple into the sand, headless..

DUTCH AND THE GENERAL ARE DEAD. DAY 1 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.

The General looks at each of you one more time.

"In addition to everything I have told you, I do have one more surprise. We have been able to collect several pieces of the Predators equipment. Some of you have been given these items, but we do not yet know how they work, so keep them hidden. It may well turn out that you learn their secrets and will be able to use them, in which case, they will be your best chance against the creatures that hunt you."

He lights a cigar.

"And I do mean creatures. The unit sent in before you was destroyed by more than one."

The General turns to Dutch. "Is there anything else that you can tell them?"

Dutch just shakes his head. "Be careful. Use your heads. They will hunt you, but they can be hunted in return. Good luck."

The General nods, and that's it. It's time to deploy. You begin to scramble, grabbing gear and loading into choppers. In a matter of minutes, three choppers lift into the pre-dawn mist and head toward the target zone.

The General and Dutch are left standing alone, lost in thought. Neither spots the tri-laser points on each other's chests until it is too late. The lasers climb up on to their foreheads, there is a flash, and both men crumple into the sand, headless..

DUTCH AND THE GENERAL ARE DEAD. DAY 1 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING.

I knew Dutch was going to die...I'm so ****ing smart. Didnt know the General would go, so maybe just half smart. This is weird though, it doesnt say the players name. So maybe just some DPR flavor and nobody actually died in the game. I guess we will find out if someone doesnt post at all...but me thinks its flavor.

Dont know how DPR mod's maybe he can answer this, or maybe some of the folks from the weirdo site can...but in the movie did the Predators have a "tri-laser" that marked their targets before death or was this some sort of internal rift and their soliders so to speak, killed them? And is it typical for DPR to drop hints like that in death scenes?

I knew Dutch was going to die...I'm so ****ing smart. Didnt know the General would go, so maybe just half smart. This is weird though, it doesnt say the players name. So maybe just some DPR flavor and nobody actually died in the game. I guess we will find out if someone doesnt post at all...but me thinks its flavor.

Dont know how DPR mod's maybe he can answer this, or maybe some of the folks from the weirdo site can...but in the movie did the Predators have a "tri-laser" that marked their targets before death or was this some sort of internal rift and their soliders so to speak, killed them? And is it typical for DPR to drop hints like that in death scenes?

Tri laser to the forehead was the predator signature kill

Dutch?!?! Damn!

And LOL at jif!!! He pegged me because of his awesome plan! Hahaha ok. I really considered myself town that last game since the win conditions were similar... So no, your stupid "plan" did nothing except get you lynched. Awesome job

I dont care what you considered yourself...I pegged you, deer in headlights, but like usual nobody listened to me.

Me thinks someone is getting a bit of a big head....noob.

I really hope that was just flavor and we didn't already lose two players. I imagine that's the case given the lack of reveal, but then that means there was no NK for the first night phase? Works for me.

This must be a record.

You usually whine and bitch later in the game.

Okay, as to what happened. I don't know if the General and Dutch were actual players. Some of us were named in the OP and then, so were the General and Dutch. So unless those were disguised players, I think it's flavor.

In other words, the town should be in good shape since we didn't lose anybody and presumably have some investigation results.

Archived