PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

21 soldiers, 22 people in the game, think there's anything to that?

I'd like to hear from the mod if that's a typo or if there's something to it.

The only thing I think, if he's being true to the source material, there won't be any conversions this game atleast..

Thank you.

I don't know the movie, either. That was going to be my question.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm quoting this now so that in the event this is the case...we can come back and show proof that you are teh mafia gawdz

It's not that. I just figured DPR would be evil enough to exact his revenge upon us by killing us all in a bastard mod set up.

Sharrow is right though and that's a good catch. As to what it could mean, I have no clue. I hate speculating set-ups for the most part.

That could be a possibility, except this part of the Opening Day scene debunks that:

The General and Dutch were killed by 2 different lasers. In the movies, the Predators only have 1 laser weapon each (with tri-points).

That would mean there are at least 2 Predators.

Good catch, and I'd think that the 21/22 thing perhaps lends itself to the likelihood of a 3rd party role? Could also help fit into your question of a 5 vs 6 man scum team (although as you and CTM pointed out, we may not be able to count on playing by the #s with DPR).

@mod- Will you update the player list with "Killed/Lynched" info in the OP?

Absolutley. All players are to be considered alive and playing unless they are specified as otherwise. There will not be any confusion over who is alive and dead.

21 soldiers, 22 people in the game, think there's anything to that?

Nope - there are 22 of you - I wrote that bit before Shutout joined the game. Read 22.

I'm quoting this now so that in the event this is the case...we can come back and show proof that you are teh mafia gawdz

True, and matter of fact ...

Vote: Vicious

He sucks as a townie and is an unmitigated terror as scum.

Thank you.

I don't know the movie, either. That was going to be my question.

Yeah, there's no way conversion would fit in this game. There isn't an assimilation like there are in The Thing or Invasion of the Body Snatchers. And there's no chestbusters like in Alien.

This is straight kill-for-kill IMO.

Couple of things - I really don't like bastard mod techniques, and am well known for not using them. Everyone on DM knows this, so it's only fair to tell the JNers. There will be no bastard modding.

There are clues in the scenes that will help to answer some of your questions. I am happy to answer any others as well as I can.

And, I won't do this again because it takes away form the mafia's ability to deceive, but just this once, I will help out and tell you that this is not a conversion game.

Couple of things - I really don't like bastard mod techniques, and am well known for not using them. Everyone on DM knows this, so it's only fair to tell the JNers. There will be no bastard modding.

There are clues in the scenes that will help to answer some of your questions. I am happy to answer any others as well as I can.

And, I won't do this again because it takes away form the mafia's ability to deceive, but just this once, I will help out and tell you that this is not a conversion game.

Well, now that that's out of the way...not much we can speculate then, I suppose other than starting with Night 1, and no death scene. Very interesting, but I suppose we'll figure it out the longer we go.

This is much appreciated.

I want to get this out there right from the get-go. Do we want to discuss game set-up possibilities? I vote no. I think with this large of a game and the odd nature of it already we're only going to gain more information from lynches, death scenes, and updates to the OP. JMO.

sweet. CTM just got 5% less evil to me.

I want to get this out there right from the get-go. Do we want to discuss game set-up possibilities? I vote no. I think with this large of a game and the odd nature of it already we're only going to gain more information from lynches, death scenes, and updates to the OP. JMO.

Seconded, all that ever does is kill us with a long, long day 1. I'm usually one of the worst for it, but with 22 players we'd be asking for a painful day.

these games I don't think town gets much out of it on day one. Usually, we don't even know what goes on behind the scenes until the end of the game anyways.

Well, now that that's out of the way...not much we can speculate then, I suppose other than starting with Night 1, and no death scene. Very interesting, but I suppose we'll figure it out the longer we go.

Why would there not be a NK...

NK attempt failed because attempt was blocked by townie role?

NKs are dependent upon a success/fail ratio like the conversions were in the Thing game?

NK ability starts on N2?

Other than that, I haven't seen anything different in the games I have played. Anyone have any other variables that make sense?

Why would there not be a NK...

NK attempt failed because attempt was blocked by townie role?

NKs are dependent upon a success/fail ratio like the conversions were in the Thing game?

NK ability starts on N2?

Other than that, I haven't seen anything different in the games I have played. Anyone have any other variables that make sense?

True, BUT without a NK we can say that the town is in a better position today than a normal day start because the cop (assuming there is one) had an investigation last night.

these games I don't think town gets much out of it on day one. Usually, we don't even know what goes on behind the scenes until the end of the game anyways.

Exactly. Eventually what happens is the town gets ****ing exhausted from all the hypothetical talk and someone draws up a case on someone else for a "bad hypothetical situation."

Just based on sheer experience of day 1's I don't think it's out of this realm to say we'll probably lynch an innocent today.

And to CTM's point, I completely agree. DPR has made it clear that he'll provide information to us through the OP and death scenes.

I'm generally a big fan of discussing set-ups. I feel it's a good way to get some baseline info on people. But I don't even know where to start in this one. DPR was kind enough to tell us not to worry about conversions, so that's something.

Not knowing the source material, I don't have any wild-ass theories to throw out there.

Smash?

NK ability starts on N2?

That's my guess. That would also be a mod kindness. It would suck to be NK'd before the game even begins.

I'm generally a big fan of discussing set-ups. I feel it's a good way to get some baseline info on people. But I don't even know where to start in this one. DPR was kind enough to tell us not to worry about conversions, so that's something.

Not knowing the source material, I don't have any wild-ass theories to throw out there.

Smash?

That's my guess. That would also be a mod kindness. It would suck to be NK'd before the game even begins.

I think perhaps in a smaller game set-up it's much better. With this many people to start out with I think it'd be exhausting to try and get theories out there based on educated guesses.

I do think however, we should not rush off to night 2.We have some newer (to us) players so I'm interested to see how they play day 1 in a game this big.

I ****ing hate you all. Srsly. Why is that everything I do when I do it is stupid, scummy, JiF being JiF, but then it all comes back around and everyone decides to follow my logic?

I was the scummiest of scum when I said that discussing game set ups are stupid and play into the mafia's hands...now look how many people are on board this game.

**** YOU ALL!!!

I ****ing hate you all. Srsly. Why is that everything I do when I do it is stupid, scummy, JiF being JiF, but then it all comes back around and everyone decides to follow my logic?

I was the scummiest of scum when I said that discussing game set ups are stupid and play into the mafia's hands...now look how many people are on board this game.

**** YOU ALL!!!

vote: JiF

**** YOU ALL!!!

DPR is rumored to create non conventional games. apples and oranges..

True, BUT without a NK we can say that the town is in a better position today than a normal day start because the cop (assuming there is one) had an investigation last night.

Good point.

However, if the NK attempt was blocked last night... doesn't it mean that either the Doc (or someone with protection role) is now identified by the scum?

It's going to suck if that is what happened. I hope they just can't NK until N2...

**** YOU ALL!!!

e801c691-d511-4089-88aa-e8b4fcd17faa.jpg&top=I%20IZ%20&bottom=SO%20UNDERRATED&middle=&font=Impact&color=White&size=50&bold=true&italic=false&underlined=false&style=outline&opacity=100&topalignment=left&middlealignment=left&bottomalignment=left

Good point.

However, if the NK attempt was blocked last night... doesn't it mean that either the Doc (or someone with protection role) is now identified by the scum?

It's going to suck if that is what happened. I hope they just can't NK until N2...

This is the last thing I'm gonna say on game set-up.

If we base it on the source material is it possible that the Predator has a "watcher" mode. As in he goes invisible, and can watch someone (hunt) at night? So they could have an NK or not, based on their choice.

Still, discussing this is pointless. We have no clue on day 1. If the doc is the doc we're good with it unless there is a role-blocker.

vote: JiF

Early in the morning I can't sleep

I can't work and I can't eat

I've been drunk all day, can't concentrate

Maybe I'm making a big mistake

Caught me down like a killer shark

It's like a railroad running right through my heart

Jekyll and Hyde the way I behave

Feel like I'm running on an empty gauge

Oh no not again

It hurts so good

I don't understand

Infatuation

Infatuation

Infatuation

Infatuation

Heart beats silly like a big bass drum

Losing all equilibrium

It's so hard in the middle of the week

Maybe this woman's just all I need

Oh no not again

It hurts so good

I don't understand

Infatuation

Infatuation

Infatuation

Infatuation

'Fatuate me baby

Spirits soar when I'm by her side

She put a little love in this heart of mine

Maybe I'm lucky, maybe I'm freed

Maybe this woman's just all I need

Oh no not again

It hurts so good

I don't understand

Infatuation

Infatuation

Infatuation

Infatuation

Rev it up

That's a pretty good defense, JiF.

You act like a moron in previous games as a townie simply because you're bored. You do that enough and people will ignore it (having in the past voting for you and even lynching you because of it). It almost subconscious in the other players, "Oh, it's JiF being JiF so let's look elsewhere."

FOS JiF for WIFOMoronic.

Archived