Direct tv is a POS

afosomf

the game is only being shown on local networks, Miami & KC areas, because of an old ruling that states NFL games can not be moved to Friday night to avoid conflict with local high school football..

the game will be replayed in full I believe Sunday or Monday on NFL Network I think...

hey assmop, there is another more pressing concern to be worried about at this time here in Fla then you getting to watch the game

I heard it might be on NFL Network? Anybody else hear that?

Answering my own question here-It MAY be RE-broadcast on NFL Network on Sunday Night-Whoppee.

It is an NFL rule that will not allow areas outside the 75 mile radius of teh home teams to see the games. They claim it is a long standing rule not to interfere with high school and college games.

the game is only being shown on local networks, Miami & KC areas, because of an old ruling that states NFL games can not be moved to Friday night to avoid conflict with local high school football..

the game will be replayed in full I believe Sunday or Monday on NFL Network I think...

hey assmop, there is another more pressing concern to be worried about at this time here in Fla then you getting to watch the game

13-Thanks. Stay safe and good luck

Bl*w me 13, my folks live in FtMyers, the projected path, they evacuated cause they have brains

My F'n point was i paid for the F'n game, i get no F'n rebate

Bl*w me 13, my folks live in FtMyers, the projected path, they evacuated cause they have brains

My F'n point was i paid for the F'n game, i get no F'n rebate

tell you what, meet me in the chat room at 7pm and i'll give you the play by play :lol::lol:

I get the complaint, but I heard the NFL won't air it because of it's long standing notion of not conflicting with High school or College football. But, that's just what I heard, and you know what they say. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

this is why they won't air it nationally.

Since Sunday Ticket is a pay service, they should broadcast it.

Unfornately, DirecTV, not just Sunday Ticket, is going downhill. Their customer service is getting worse by the day. I'm thinking about switching to digital cable.

Unfornately, DirecTV, not just Sunday Ticket, is going downhill. Their customer service is getting worse by the day. I'm thinking about switching to digital cable.

Anytime you call Direct TV, immediately ask to speak to a supervisor. They are usually pretty good.

I haven't had any problems since doing that.

Here's what the NFL and Directv are missing-there are thousands of people who bought Directv who did so specifically because of the NFL package. And now, you're basically making it worthless when they allow 2 games so far this year not be broadcast live everywhere.

I understand it's a business. But as HDTV becomes more mainstream, Dirctv will start losing ground to cable, even imbeciles like the Dolans(who I'd be stuck with). Currently, you get most over the air stations in HD, and ESPN, HBO and numerous others as well, and Directv carries them , but for an increased monthly rate. With cable, once you upgrade your box, you get all the HD channels at no extra cost. Big difference though-cable carries all those channels and all local sports(MSG, YES) in HDTV: Directv only carries the YES HD brodcasts sporadically and not at all when Yank or Net games run on Channel 9. So if you've just sunk serious cash into a plasma, cable is a better deal. I've heard of several people who have done it, and I'm thinking about it. And I HATE CABLEVISON.

Which brings back Directv's service and cost. I cannot see paying for the NFL package again, and certinaly not to pay an extra $50 for all games in HD. There's no point-I go to 6 r 7 Jets home games and unsually a road game. As to the weeks I'm home, there's usually a doubleheader game anyway. Worse, the cusntomer service at DTV has gone down each year. Now, it's as bad as Cablevision.

I still cannot say for cetain that I'll switch to cable, but situations like this make you wonder what the NFL and DTV are thinking. Showing this game tonight live is a slamdunk, and they effed it up.

I called Directv. The fine print of the NFL package is that it's now too late in ths season to cancel it.

Is not showing the Chiefs and Dolphins game really that big of a deal? I don't know about you but I bought sunday ticket for one team and one team only. The Patriots. I rarely waste my sunday watching any other team play.

Is not showing the Chiefs and Dolphins game really that big of a deal? I don't know about you but I bought sunday ticket for one team and one team only. The Patriots. I rarely waste my sunday watching any other team play.

a cornhusker in kansas...

u like callahan?

a cornhusker in kansas...

u like callahan?

So far so good. He's an excellent recruiter. The team is slowly coming together. The only goal I set was I expected him to win the Big 12 North in his second year which he is in position to do. Year three, I look for them to be in the top 10 again after the team has a chance to work together for a season.

Anytime you call Direct TV, immediately ask to speak to a supervisor. They are usually pretty good.

I haven't had any problems since doing that.

That used to be the case.

For my last problem, I tried going to the Supervisor's supervisor. That didn't help. Then they told me someone above them would call me... Still no call.

I had one supervisor tell me their installer messed up the walls in my family room because I used inferior paint. Yes, an exact quote.

So far so good. He's an excellent recruiter. The team is slowly coming together. The only goal I set was I expected him to win the Big 12 North in his second year which he is in position to do. Year three, I look for them to be in the top 10 again after the team has a chance to work together for a season.

ya, i think the early criticism was unwarranted as he is bringin a sleeker offensive system and he inherited plowhorses from the old 3 yards and a cloud of dust system. u r right it will take 3 years or so to get the proper fit player for his syetem before u see real results..too many cloud of dust athletes on troster right now,,transition time...

ya, i think the early criticism was unwarranted as he is bringin a sleeker offensive system and he inherited plowhorses from the old 3 yards and a cloud of dust system. u r right it will take 3 years or so to get the proper fit player for his syetem before u see real results..too many cloud of dust athletes on troster right now,,transition time...

Big 12(especially North), is nothing to write home about.

That conference has turned awfully mediocre, fast

Big 12(especially North), is nothing to write home about.

That conference has turned awfully mediocre, fast

I agree, but even so, winning that conference would still be a step in the right direction for the Huskers considering their recent success or lack there of.

If it werent for the NFL package I would have thrown my satellite in the garbage a long time ago. DirecTV sucks. The picture quality is horrible, if its a little windy with a slight drizzle you lose your signal, if you call up customer support for help they are just about as clueless as you are.

If it werent for the NFL package I would have thrown my satellite in the garbage a long time ago. DirecTV sucks. The picture quality is horrible, if its a little windy with a slight drizzle you lose your signal, if you call up customer support for help they are just about as clueless as you are.

Check your signal.

I have the HD receiver and my picture quality is exceptional. Even the non-HD channels are crisp.

While Service has been a little worse than in the past ( I call them maybe twice a year), it is certainly better than any service you get with cable.

It seems the fuzzy channel problem has more to do with the specific stations than Directv, except when it's pouring. OLN, MSG and FSNY sometime seem to be broadcast through a glass of water, but other channels-HBO, over the air networks, ESPN- come in chrystal clear. It has more to do with the piss poor production values of some of those companies than Directv.

Bugg, on one of my boxes every single channel is "foggy" like. I also have a cable box. The same channels that are clear on the cable box are foggy on the satellite. I watch hockey games on MSG via my cable box and its crystal clear, if i switch the game to teh satellite it looks like they lit off fireworks on the ice. Its why I hardly ever use the dish except for sunday ticket.

Maybe I need to upgrade my satellite box, I still have the old one from a few years ago.

O yea, if you call DirecTV and complain about the game not being televised there is a good chance they will give you free Showtime for 3 months. My buddy complained and thats what they gave him to shut him up lol.,

I called too, but I just told them to tell the NFL that they blow.

Nebraska sucks :P

Bugg, on one of my boxes every single channel is "foggy" like. I also have a cable box. The same channels that are clear on the cable box are foggy on the satellite. I watch hockey games on MSG via my cable box and its crystal clear, if i switch the game to teh satellite it looks like they lit off fireworks on the ice. Its why I hardly ever use the dish except for sunday ticket.

Maybe I need to upgrade my satellite box, I still have the old one from a few years ago.

Check the cables coming from your dish. If the connectors are loose, they could have gotten moisture in them.

O yea, if you call DirecTV and complain about the game not being televised there is a good chance they will give you free Showtime for 3 months. My buddy complained and thats what they gave him to shut him up lol.,

I called too, but I just told them to tell the NFL that they blow.

I heard Michael Kay on ESPN saying the same thing today. If they don't give you the free channel for a few months, they may give you a $15 rebate.

I told them (DTV) i`m canceling as soon as the football season ends No reason they couldn`t put the one game on the NFL ticket ,what they don`t seem to get is most people who buy into this are football junkies and they only have DTV because of the NFL TICKET & once we cancel that their gone also...

I told them (DTV) i`m canceling as soon as the football season ends No reason they couldn`t put the one game on the NFL ticket ,what they don`t seem to get is most people who buy into this are football junkies and they only have DTV because of the NFL TICKET & once we cancel that their gone also...

Did you ever take into consideration that it has more to do with the NFL than Direct TV? NAWWW COULDN'T BE!! Maybe you would like to explain why all the Chiefs fans here in Kansas south and west of Salina couldn't watch the game on cable last night. I'm sure Direct TV had something to do with that too. :roll: I swear some of you guys just look for something to bitch about no matter how irrelevent it is. My weekend is ruined!! I didn't get to see the Chiefs and Dolphins play!! :cry:

Archived