Direct tv is a POS

afosomf

Did you ever take into consideration that it has more to do with the NFL than Direct TV? NAWWW COULDN'T BE!! Maybe you would like to explain why all the Chiefs fans here in Kansas south and west of Salina couldn't watch the game on cable last night. I'm sure Direct TV had something to do with that too. :roll: I swear some of you guys just look for something to b!tch about no matter how irrelevent it is. My weekend is ruined!! I didn't get to see the Chiefs and Dolphins play!! :cry:

That would be using logic and reasoning. :lol:

joisey, doesnt teh NFL dictate whether or not the game will be televised on sunday ticket? I can only imagine DirecTV would have had no problem showing the game.

The deal Direct TV has with the NFL is that they may televise all 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM games that are played on Sunday's.

They must also follow the same blackout rules (if the game is not sold out, it can't be televised in that market) that Fox and CBS have to follow, and in addition, they must blackout games that Fox and CBS are already televising in local markets.

So to answer your question, yes, the NFL and the television agreement, pretty much dictates what Direct TV can and can not do.

Man... when someone gets up on their soap box, they really don't want to listen to anything that resembles the truth or logic.

The NFL has a long standing tradition of not airing games to conflict with High school or college football games. So, they don't air games on Friday nights (high school football) or Saturday afternoons (college football, during college football season). I just don't understand what is so difficult to understand about that.

Got ya. BUt wasnt the DOlphins/Titans week1 game on the dish last year when they played on Saturday.

I don't recall that game. Was it under special circumstances like this where there was a hurricane? If it was just a holiday game, it wouldn't have been on the Ticket because it would be available locally everywhere.

Archived