Herm's Bizarre Presser: Herm-Lovers, TRY not to wince!

TomShane

My faves. Instant classics. Ya think Herm knows he's going to be on national TV?

Yeah, we've got to get him in there some more. He's a talented guy. He's young. When they are young, you always -- when they go out there, you always go, "oohh," and it's either "yeah," or "oh, no." That's kind of the -- you always go in with the "ohs," you know, and it's just a matter of which one comes out first. There's going to be a lot of "oh, yeah," or a lot of "oh, boy." But, hey, that's part of it

We've been behind. We've scored seven points in the first quarter in six games, so you're behind. So that's minus 23 because we've given up 30 in the first quarter. I think that puts us at minus 23 in the first quarter. So that generally says you're behind and when you're behind, the crowd's involved.

Second quarter is not too much better, a little bit better I think, minus two compared to points given up and points scored. The third quarter I think it's plus two, and fourth quarter I think it's minus seven.

You can't. He's got something that the good Lord does. He sprinkles a little something extra on everybody. He sprinkled him with extra hands of sugar.

You can't. You can get a guy to run around back there. What you can't ever do you is can't show them the speed of how the guy plays, and that's what's shocking a lot of guys. Once you get on the field and all of a sudden you think you have him and then he runs and all of a sudden, he's running past guys and there's no way you can catch the guy because that's what he has.

<On Playing Mike Vick> To try to answer your question, you've got to know where he's at.

Now we have to kind of fence him in a little bit but it's kind of like, you know, a guy used to have a farm up the street from our house where I grew up in Seaside, an old farm guy. And every once in awhile he used to let us go in the back, back there, and he put some chickens out there and said try to catch the chickens. Well, I was quick; I couldn't catch a chicken because the chicken would run all around. And I'm not calling him a chicken; I'm just saying he has that kind of ability.

You ever go in the alley, and then in the alley it's you and the black cat? Try to catch a cat, pretty hard, pretty hard. Looks good at first, and then he starts running around and you go over here and before you know it, you trip over yourself.

I knew coaches, basketball coaches, when they used to play against Michael Jordan, you're sitting there on the other team, you're watching Michael Jordan and you're going, "He's really fun to watch," and 30 points later he's killing you. Yeah he's really fun to watch. You're losing and you're going, wow.

I'm going to make sure I apologize to him Monday night. I didn't mean that that way. I hope nobody writes it that way. Okay, good.

Obviously this is monetary, so tells you where the game is going to, how much money it is when people watch games and people are willing to pay to get certain games. That's good for sports, good for players, and good for fans, whatever. It's a good thing.

Well, I don't want to sugarcoat anything and I'm not trying to, but I'm an optimist as we know. But any time you lose good players, starters at certain positions, regardless if you replace him with another guy, not your starter; that's what you lose.

I've had a lot worse than this in my life, believe me. This isn

Herm Quotes (10/19): On the status of his offensive line

Oct 19, 2005

By MSGNetwork.com

Courtesy of New York Jets

Head Coach Herm Edwards

At the end of the day, you've got to score points. You've got to score more than the other team. That's how you win. So we have to do that, we've got to start. We're close, but we haven't done it yet, but that's something we have to work on and get better at.

I think this is my favorite....is this guy a genius or what??????? :?

My favorite.

The one thing I do know, I can't play. I do know that. I cannot play, I promise you that. I don't even want to play because I know I couldn't play good enough to help them. But I'll do everything else I can do to help them, and then they have got to go play.

He is a trip.

Watch Herm pull out a Win this Monday.

Hate is a very strong word. I don't hate him, but that article was a bit out there. He either states the complete obvious that any idiot would know such as "You have to score more points than the other team to win" or he talks in circles and completely confuses the hell out of you.

when Parcells did it he was a genius and it was called "coach speak" - when Herm does it he's just a dummy. Cmon the job description of a head coach is to lie and confuse.

See, I don't buy that he's TRYING to lie and confuse anyone (at least not on purpose). I think he's too nice to do that. He's "hayseed-esque".

Replace the words Herman Edwards with George W. Bush, and you'd be all over his ass.

Garb is right, my head's spinning trying to make sense of the "ooh boy its like you know razzle dazzle"

I dont like or dislike Herm, and hell I want him to succeed, but damn, the guy can ramble and babble with the best of them.

I think my head just exploded after reading the first three paragraphs.

WTF is he talking about ? :shock:

I don't think he even knows. If you wer to hear him speak during that interview, he probabally would have sounded like a chattering monkey.

Especially this part:

On injuries causing him to look at Justin Miller more

Coachspeak-say nothing; say it quickly; say nothing but good stuff about the other team and go do the rest of your job.If you want to send a meassage to your team(Theresa Glenn?)do it.

Hermie on the other hand thinks talking to reporters is a more important part of his job than his actual job.

you guys are forgetting that in the NY media, with 8 major papers, 2 sports talk stations and 5 major fan websites - being media saavy is not a bad quality to have. YOu don't like him that's apparent but being a coach in NYC is tougher than say being a coach in Minnesota where they have 1 daily newspaper. Even Parcells would get flustered and cuss these guys out on occasion.

The person doing the transcription was different then the regular person, obviously. Transcripts are usually cleaned up a bit - this one was not and had to have had some mistakes. At least I HOPE that's what's up. :shock: Did anyone read the Bumblecheck interview TX put up? Just wondering...

Fast Scripts is the best in the business for transcripts.

That being said every single one that is released by the Jets contains errors.

This one had to have a lot of errors. Reading Herm was like listening to the drunk at the end of the bar - he made no sense at all.

Archived