Darrelle Revis Contract Issue: MERGED

flgreen

Should Darrelle Revis just shut up and let negotiations proceed privately?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Darrelle Revis just shut up and let negotiations proceed privately?

• Yes. He's not a good public speaker anyway.
    • No. He's being shrewdly advised that this will help him feed his family.

Jets' grumbles hit minicamp: Darrelle Revis in, Nick Mangold on fence

Monday, June 14, 2010

BY J.P. PELZMAN

The Record

STAFF WRITER

#printDesc{display:none;}Rex Ryan is brimming with confidence (big surprise, right?) as the Jets open their three-day mandatory minicamp today. Still, there is some uncertainty in the air.

Contract negotiations have been a huge topic this spring, and the Jets aren

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had it with this $hit either show up and give 100% or dont show up at all he is starting to act like Brandon Marshall last year. This changes my whole point of view on Revis he is a selfish piece of $hit He better be fined for this to send a message to him and the others no BS this year. I hope Jenkins and or Scott really step up here and let Revis know this is unexceptable behavior either show up or dont.

The problem is..our fatass loud mouthed coach is the one calling him the greatest defensive player in the history of the game. I dont blame Revis one bit for asking for more money.

Ryan, meanwhile, has tried to stay out of the fray. He said he needs to talk personally to Revis about his protest, and he did not want to speculate on if this contract issue drags into training camp.

LOL! If youre gonna keep tooting his horn hes gonna want to get paid like ''one of the greatest defensive players in the history of football'' Rex is involved in it.

The Jets are falling apart and are becoming a joke. it all starts at the top. Rex Ryan is dumb and should keep his mouth shut about praising his players too much. or dont cry about this when it happens. and lol at Revis calling the Jets cheap..thats awesome!

The problem is..our fatass loud mouthed coach is the one calling him the greatest defensive player in the history of the game. I dont blame Revis one bit for asking for more money.

LOL! If youre gonna keep tooting his horn hes gonna want to get paid like ''one of the greatest defensive players in the history of football'' Rex is involved in it.

The Jets are falling apart and are becoming a joke. it all starts at the top. Rex Ryan is dumb and should keep his mouth shut about praising his players too much. or dont cry about this when it happens. and lol at Revis calling the Jets cheap..thats awesome!

:scare:

The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!

Oh it's Jetgirl! lol

Seriously, if you are management in a corporation you never talk up your employees too much or you can expect an extended hand asking for more cash. Your hero Rex is just dumb. the Jets let Faneca go in a cap free year because they're cheap (and that pissed off A LOT of the players).

Oh it's Jetgirl! lol

Seriously, if you are management in a corporation you never talk up your employees too much or you can expect an extended hand asking for more cash. Your hero Rex is just dumb. the Jets let Faneca go in a cap free year because they're cheap (and that pissed off A LOT of the players).

Two things: Rex isn't the one charged with negotiating Revis' contract and Rex would look like a complete moron if he said Revis wasn't the best CB in the business.

The Jets are paying Faneca $5.25 million to not play for them this year. They aren't saving any real dollars by cutting him. Faneca was cut because he sucks. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/24/report-jets-will-cut-alan-faneca-monday/

Two things: Rex isn't the one charged with negotiating Revis' contract and Rex would look like a complete moron if he said Revis wasn't the best CB in the business.

Then why dont they just pay him like hes the best in the business? you see? you cant have it both ways. thats why hes dumb ;) some times its better to be smart and just shut your mouth. Rex knows nothing about that side of it..lol

The whiny bitches are the ones complaining about Revis. He's negotiating. He's the best CB in the league, he has a right to bargain to be paid like it. Yet he's saying clearly right there that he doesn't need to make as much as Aso.

They should be able to some sort of compromise that pays Revis extremely well. The Jets are kind enough to offer him a new deal with essentially three years left on his old one. He should show a little appreciation for that and be willing to settle for less than what the Raiders overpaid. I think in the end that he will. He wouldn't be saying now that he doesn't need to be paid that much if that's what it was going to take to complete a deal.

You underestimate the ego of an elite pro athlete.

The Jets have a boat-load of decisions to make next season. Revis getting "paid" what he thinks he's worth means cutting some good players. I can't blame a man for demanding more money - especially if he's "earned" it. Understand, however, that "the best interest of the team" may be on his mind while he's on the field playing - but off the field it's about money and ego and often the two are one in the same.

Revis will play this season - he MAY sit out the first week of real training camo - cause a Hard Knocks stir....but after a week of fines, he'll be back. Unhappy, but he'll be back. And, I predict he will have his best year yet! He'll shoot his way out of dodge next season and he'll will demand, and get, big money - if not the biggest at his position.

He'll shoot his way out of dodge next season and he'll will demand, and get, big money - if not the biggest at his position.

The Jets can buyback the remaining 2 years of his deal, so barring a trade, there's basically no chance Revis leaves for at least 3 seasons.

Then why dont they just pay him like hes the best in the business? you see? you cant have it both ways. thats why hes dumb ;) some times its better to be smart and just shut your mouth. Rex knows nothing about that side of it..lol

:drama:

I love it when the shoe is on the other foot.

"The Jets should not be so cheap."

:rl:

Revis has 80-100 million reasons to not play all out. Ride your time out and I am sure Dan or Jerr-rah will throw some coin at you.

Revis will play this season - he MAY sit out the first week of real training camo - cause a Hard Knocks stir....but after a week of fines, he'll be back.

This is literally the least plausible scenario imaginable.

:drama:

I love it when the shoe is on the other foot.

"The Jets should not be so cheap."

:rl:

Revis has 80-100 million reasons to not play all out. Ride your time out and I am sure Dan or Jerr-rah will throw some coin at you.

Maybe the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. Pure, idiotic trolling. You can't possibly believe this, can you?

The dumbest thing Revis can do is not put forth the effort. That's a great way to basically tell every serious team in the league that you're not worth the aggravation.

Why?

You're suggesting that he hold out just long enough to void the guarantee on his buyback salaries, then come back. There's a better chance of him turning into a dragon and breathing fire on the stadium.

wow.revis might have never known what kind of season he had last year until loud mouth rex told us so.unreal

i think its pretty obvious to even novice fans who the best db is in football.i beleive revis knows he is the best.better than the dude from oakland.i also beleive that revis and co know that his contract was absurd.revis and co have nothing but time,so why not act like its 16m per or its the highway.revis knows there is no way in hell he gets that kinda money,but pushing for that kinda money with his harmless bs he tells the media(i may or may not sit out,blah,blah,blah),he will likely get what he really wants.11m or 12m per with some serious guaranteed cash

You're suggesting that he hold out just long enough to void the guarantee on his buyback salaries, then come back. There's a better chance of him turning into a dragon and breathing fire on the stadium.

I suppose you are right, Aten. I've seen weirder things happen though...like feigning an injury at min-camp only to tell the media you fibbed to make the point that you are unhappy with your contract situation. That's sounds grounded in logic too.

I suppose you are right, Aten. I've seen weirder things happen though...like feigning an injury at min-camp only to tell the media you fibbed to make the point that you are unhappy with your contract situation. That's sounds grounded in logic too.

Dogging it at OTAs is weirder than leaving 20 large on the table? Don't be stupid.

Dogging it at OTAs is weirder than leaving 20 large on the table? Don't be stupid.

I'm not saying it makes any sense. However, that does not mean stupid things don't happen. If he truly wants out of dodge, he'll shoot his way out and gamble that the payoff will be more than what's currently on the table.

I beleive he will play this season, have a monster year, and shoot his way out of dodge the next.

I'm not saying it makes any sense. However, that does not mean stupid things don't happen. If he truly wants out of dodge, he'll shoot his way out and gamble that the payoff will be more than what's currently on the table.

I beleive he will play this season, have a monster year, and shoot his way out of dodge the next.

With what? He has no bullets?

You're a guy who's been on here for less than a month who is coming the defense of Pats trolls from what I gather.

Is "Dude Love" an alter ego?

What the Hell is a "pats troll" LOL

Look at the gentleman's registration date, he's been here longer than you.

Archived