Nothing like watching a 7 to 5 football game

Jetheelz

The game today in Chapel Hill ended with us over Virginia 7 to 5.

Sounds boring, I know, but it was more interesting than you would think.

Getting to see 2 good defenses battle each other and fight for field position. Obviously there wasn't a whole lot of good yardage but I was really enjoying the chess match between the 2 defensive units. Carolina held UVA to only 90 rushing yards and 108 passing yards.

Marcus Hagans for UVA wasn't 100% today but the guy is still a gamer and a big time competitor. I was also happy with our RB Ronnie McGill who ran tough all day, bouncing off tacklers left and right (something we don't see alot on Sundays unfortunately).

The most drama came at the very end of the game when one WR's made an illegal kick off of a 67 yard punt. I have never seen Coach Bunting so mad before. Throwing stuff, face all red...thought he was going to pass out. Our offense had to come out and run one more play, which was just a kneel down.

Still a nice day to be there at the game, high 60's and overcast. Very comfortable and got to see the F-16's fly over.

There's only nothin' like it when you win, 'heelz. :wink:

HOW 'BOUT THEM WOLFPACK! :lol: :lol: :lol:

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

LoL, Wolfpack fans are down in the dumps. Listened to 850 this morning and they're all drowning in their sorrows. Couldn't happen to a better team.

Hey StillerPaul, how about Slick Willie today?? Congrats on that win.

LoL, Wolfpack fans are down in the dumps. Listened to 850 this morning and they're all drowning in their sorrows. Couldn't happen to a better team.

Hey StillerPaul, how about Slick Willie today?? Congrats on that win.

Thanks buddy. I gotta admit that i love watching Willie when he gets past the LOS. He's one fast SOB. :lol:

7-5 is A OK in my book as long as your team is the one with 7. :lol:

StillerPaul, I truly agree...having the 7 points as opposed to the 5 is a win just like any other.

Like I said before, it was not as boring as it sounds.....like watching a great pitching duel in baseball.

UVA sure could have used your boy Heath yesterday though :D

StillerPaul, I truly agree...having the 7 points as opposed to the 5 is a win just like any other.

Like I said before, it was not as boring as it sounds.....like watching a great pitching duel in baseball.

UVA sure could have used your boy Heath yesterday though :D

Did you catch the Alabama, Tennessee game yesterday? I think 'Bama won it 6-3. I thought that was a pretty good game too. Both defenses were physical as hell and brought their "A" games IMO.

My parents were at the game yesterday, my mom was apparently bored out of her mind. She was driving my dad crazy out of sheer boredom. Haha.

Guess they can't all be upsets over Miami...

:lol:

My mom actually gets into every Steelers game. At the end of every season, she writes coach Cowher her "State of the team" address too! Hey, they send her an autographed team photo for her bitching so it's all worth while to her. :lol:

Archived