Clock Management - Andy Reid

Green DNA

Eagles had the ball inside the 15 with 12 seconds left and no time outs. So do the Eagles go end zone before kicking the FG? No, they throw a 5 yard pass in the middle of the field so now it's halftime - no FG! Since Andy Reid has been hailed by some around here as a great coach, does this fiasco combined with the dimwitted time wasting in the SB not make him a farging idiot? His clock management is worse than Herm's.

Well, he gets saved by Martyball. Marty managed to piss away all his timeouts earlier in the half. The Eagles have no answer to Antonio Gates, but have Tomlinson's number in a big way. So what does Marty call-

LaDainian Tomlinson rush up the middle for 2 yards to the Phi28. Tackled by Hollis Thomas.

3:27 4th SD -- Defense TIMEOUT.

3:27 4th SD 2-8 at Phi28 LaDainian Tomlinson rush to the right for 5 yards to the Phi23. Tackled by Lito Sheppard.

3:21 4th SD -- Defense TIMEOUT.

3:21 4th SD 3-3 at Phi23 LaDainian Tomlinson rush up the middle for 1 yard to the Phi22. Tackled by Keith Adams.

2:37 4th SD -- Offense TIMEOUT.

2:37 4th SD 4-2 at SD22 Nate Kaeding 40 yard field goal attempt is BLOCKED by Matt Ware. Return blocked field goal by Matt Ware.

Heck, if I didn't know any better, I'd have thought Hermie had snuck in the press box and was calling the plays.

Play not to lose, and you will lose in a close game.Marty's about to do it for thr 4th time this season. To heck with Antonio Gates, whom they're rightly paying a small fortune-let me trust the game to Nate Kaeding(or Doug Brien; I'm getting deja vu watching this sh!t). The Bolts could be the best talent in the AFC, and because of their retard, sissyified, Hermie-like coach, they might not even get in.

I watch a horror show of a coaching job like this and come away thinking no wonder the Vermiel/Schottenheimer/Dungy coaches never win a damn thing save one year the Rams had an unstoppable offense, and but for a yard they don't even win that. ANd that Edwards, scary thought, will always be gainfully employed in the NFL. How Schottenheimer mismanages that game like that and still has a job is a freaking miracle. And he's been doing exactly that kind of "oh, don't throw it; run the ball!" bullsh*t for over 3 decades.

Seriously-the Chargers are the best team talent-wise in the AFC and they may not get a playoff spot. And that's why coaching matters so much.

Obviously I didn't see the play but did Reid throw the pass to the middle of the field? I knew McNabb was injured but damn....I thought he was playing through it. And if not, I would think they had a more capable backup than their head coach.

Obviously I didn't see the play but did Reid throw the pass to the middle of the field? I knew McNabb was injured but damn....I thought he was playing through it. And if not, I would think they had a more capable backup than their head coach.

As anyone here will tell you, and as I am sure you and your Patsy ilk have pointed out on many occasions, it's all about coaching. Herman Edwards has not been involved in one play since he has started coaching and neither has Belichick (except when he stopped Harrison from getting to the field in the playoffs, but I digress). The team does what it is coached to do. McNabb is a knucklehead and so is his coach.

Redi was merely blessed that for today anyway he had a total coward calling the plays for the Chargers. The Eagles couldn't stop Gates. Tomlinson, especially between the tackles, could do nothing. And yet Schottenheimer again did everything he could do to play right into the Eagles hands. You would think for as many times as that's bitten him in the posterior-the Jets playoff game the latesdt of a long line of examples-SOMEBODY would say "WE SHOULD GET THE BALL TO GATES DOWN HERE." Didn't happen.

Archived