Lou Brown Passes Away

Lil Bit Special

gammon.jpg

James Gammon's Death Shocked American Just like George Michael Steinbrenner

James Gammon's death occurred not too long after that of the New York Yankees owner, George Michael Steinbrenner. Although Gammon was an actor, one of his most famous roles was the

coach of the Cleveland Indians in the comedy "Major League."

Gammon died of Cancer. His career and life were notable; not only did he have the aforementioned role in the 1980's hit, he was also featured on Nash Bridges and was also a Tony Award nominee. He starred in several Sam Shepherd plays.

Gammon also co-founded the MET Theater in Los Angeles.

Celebrity deaths seem to shake us to the core. There are several actors and actresses - James Gammon included - that we tend to take for granted. We sort of forget their presence until they are gone, at which point we remember them for their accomplishments.

Steinbrenner's death was tragic as well. Like Gammon, he wanted nothing more than to help entertain the masses. Both men wanted to ensure that they provided the most quality experience for everyone willing to give them a shot.

For Gammon, it was acting that helped him reach his goals. For Steinbrenner, it was through owning a baseball team.

Fans, friends, and family of the men are all saddened by the recent losses. However, they leave behind a legacy that no one will ever be able to take away from them. They will be able to live forever, in essence - through the rich history and notable performances they leave behind.

James died of cancer, and Nancy Gammon his wife confirmed that he died at his daughter's residence in Costa Mesa, California with his family at his side. His cancer grew to a point where it could not be treated, and therefore he decided to pass on with his family, leaving the hospital at his own will.

Forget about the curve ball Ricky, give him the heater.

RIP.

I agree with Bob, he was great in that movie.

"How would you like to manage the Indians this year?"

"Gee, I don't know..."

"What do you mean, you don't know? This is your chance to manage in the big leagues."

"Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls."

Archived