•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

• Please log in to reply
790 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,613 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

Here is the official unoffical group on Facebook: http://fb.me/jetsonhardknocks

http://www.hbo.com/h...he-team-to-beat

Wednesday night -- 11pm. A 12 minute intro special. Who is watching?

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 BroadwayJ667

BroadwayJ667

JetNation Spokesman

• Members
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

I like many other sad college students don't get HBO. If someone can help me out so I can see it, I would be grateful
Posted Image
NYJ 2012 season will be rebuilt like, Now more appropriate with Tebow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kse0MG5n9wI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL716A68B046C6E750

#3 villain_the_foe

villain_the_foe

Super Lintendo!

• Members
  • 8,481 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:45 AM

I wont be ordering HBO until the show starts.

The competition will make you better Sanchize!

#4 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,700 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

I like many other sad college students don't get HBO. If someone can help me out so I can see it, I would be grateful

Drop out of school.

JetNation.com

#5 Papageorgio268

Papageorgio268

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:20 AM

Hard Knocks on Casttv.com

This website has every show the day after it airs. And if it doesn't it normally links to a place where you can watch it.

Another option would be to use torrents, but I'm not sure how many people would torrent Hard Knocks. There's always a chance though. Most stuff is put online so I assume this would be put up as well.

Posted Image

#6 rick34125

rick34125

The Big "Green" Apple

• Members
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

Posted Image

#7 DLJ

DLJ

J-E-T-S!

• Members
  • 20,299 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

My cable bill is already retarded high, I wont be ordering HBO.

#8 MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime

Veritas et Aequitas

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

My cable bill is already retarded high, I wont be ordering HBO.

It would end up being $10.00 for the month, you can handle it.
Posted Image

#9 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

This article is from Wednesday. With the site being down, I don't think it was posted. It's fluff, but it's not bad. Plus, I want to practice my posting skills in the new format. B)

Jets debut on 'Hard Knocks' generating 'Super' buzz

Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

Posted Image

In his decade as president of HBO Sports, Ross Greenburg has learned a thing or two about closing a deal. So in March, he took Jets owner Woody Johnson and general manager Mike Tannenbaum with him to Arlington, Texas.

The trio of executives watched Manny Pacquiao defend his world welterweight crown. And there in Cowboys Stadium — future host of Super Bowl XLV, where the Jets vow to be in February — they toasted to the sixth season of “Hard Knocks.”

“Everything seems to be fitting,” Greenburg said last week.

The Jets’ quest for the Super Bowl will no doubt fuel their season of the quick-turnaround reality series, which premieres Aug. 11 on HBO. Last season, which featured the Bengals, averaged 3.4 million viewers per week.

The attention for the Jets has so far exceeded any of the prior seasons, Greenburg said, which is why the network put together a 12-minute preview for the first time, airing tonight at 11.

The Jets didn’t want to sign on last year, with a rookie head coach and rookie quarterback. But Greenburg — who was a 13-year-old Jets fan at Super Bowl III — got the ball rolling for 2010 at a December breakfast meeting with Johnson and Tannenbaum at the Regency Hotel in New York.

“And then, when the (postseason) run happened,” Greenburg said, ‘it was, ‘Rex wants to show the world who these Jets are.’ ”

There will be plenty to show when players — and the 24-person NFL Films crew — report to training camp in Cortland, N.Y., Sunday. Last week in Mt. Laurel, Greenburg and his cohorts at NFL Films did a position-by-position, player-by-player breakdown to plot out story lines.

Possibilities include the fullback position, where 38-year-old Tony Richardson will bring along rookie John Conner, and the battle at left guard. Also on the show’s radar: the assimilation of former AFC East rival Jason Taylor into the team and fan base; veteran running back LaDainian Tomlinson trying to prove he still has it; and the interactions between Ryan and the throng of New York-area media.

And, of course, there’s the contract impasse between the team and Darrelle Revis. If the All-Pro cornerback decides to hold out, NFL Films has arranged for a crew to be with him, as was done with Bengals first-round pick Andre Smith last season.

By now the show has a good feel for what footage from negotiations can be used and what can’t, Greenburg said. In 2007, they cut sensitive parts of the contract talks between the Chiefs and running back Larry Johnson that had the potential to jeopardize the deal.

Producers are also careful with scenes involving injuries to players, because of potential grievances. Teams do have veto power, but Greenburg says he can count on one hand the number of times it has been used in the previous five seasons.

No matter what happens with Revis, that story line won’t take over the show.

“A holdout isn’t at the core of what Hard Knocks is about,” Greenburg said. “It’s boring actually, a bunch of talking heads on the phone. It’s not Rex shouting out obscenities on the practice field — which, thank goodness, it’s HBO.”
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#10 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,613 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

This article is from Wednesday. With the site being down, I don't think it was posted. It's fluff, but it's not bad. Plus, I want to practice my posting skills in the new format. B)

Jets debut on 'Hard Knocks' generating 'Super' buzz

Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

Posted Image

In his decade as president of HBO Sports, Ross Greenburg has learned a thing or two about closing a deal. So in March, he took Jets owner Woody Johnson and general manager Mike Tannenbaum with him to Arlington, Texas.

The trio of executives watched Manny Pacquiao defend his world welterweight crown. And there in Cowboys Stadium — future host of Super Bowl XLV, where the Jets vow to be in February — they toasted to the sixth season of “Hard Knocks.”

“Everything seems to be fitting,” Greenburg said last week.

The Jets’ quest for the Super Bowl will no doubt fuel their season of the quick-turnaround reality series, which premieres Aug. 11 on HBO. Last season, which featured the Bengals, averaged 3.4 million viewers per week.

The attention for the Jets has so far exceeded any of the prior seasons, Greenburg said, which is why the network put together a 12-minute preview for the first time, airing tonight at 11.

The Jets didn’t want to sign on last year, with a rookie head coach and rookie quarterback. But Greenburg — who was a 13-year-old Jets fan at Super Bowl III — got the ball rolling for 2010 at a December breakfast meeting with Johnson and Tannenbaum at the Regency Hotel in New York.

“And then, when the (postseason) run happened,” Greenburg said, ‘it was, ‘Rex wants to show the world who these Jets are.’ ”

There will be plenty to show when players — and the 24-person NFL Films crew — report to training camp in Cortland, N.Y., Sunday. Last week in Mt. Laurel, Greenburg and his cohorts at NFL Films did a position-by-position, player-by-player breakdown to plot out story lines.

Possibilities include the fullback position, where 38-year-old Tony Richardson will bring along rookie John Conner, and the battle at left guard. Also on the show’s radar: the assimilation of former AFC East rival Jason Taylor into the team and fan base; veteran running back LaDainian Tomlinson trying to prove he still has it; and the interactions between Ryan and the throng of New York-area media.

And, of course, there’s the contract impasse between the team and Darrelle Revis. If the All-Pro cornerback decides to hold out, NFL Films has arranged for a crew to be with him, as was done with Bengals first-round pick Andre Smith last season.

By now the show has a good feel for what footage from negotiations can be used and what can’t, Greenburg said. In 2007, they cut sensitive parts of the contract talks between the Chiefs and running back Larry Johnson that had the potential to jeopardize the deal.

Producers are also careful with scenes involving injuries to players, because of potential grievances. Teams do have veto power, but Greenburg says he can count on one hand the number of times it has been used in the previous five seasons.

No matter what happens with Revis, that story line won’t take over the show.

“A holdout isn’t at the core of what Hard Knocks is about,” Greenburg said. “It’s boring actually, a bunch of talking heads on the phone. It’s not Rex shouting out obscenities on the practice field — which, thank goodness, it’s HBO.”

That was a good read Slats. Thanks for posting it!

I agree that the Taylor story will be a big one for HBO, playing the fan angle. Also Vlad at guard, they need to first year guy.

They (HBO) really have so much to work with. They could show two episodes per week. LT, Scott, Jenkins, Sanchez...I bet they end up putting unseen footage on DVD (not sure if they can or have done that in the past).

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#11 visajets

visajets

3rd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

Anyone have a link? I really didnt want to put anymore money in the Cable companys pockets.

Edited by visajets, 11 August 2010 - 07:58 AM.

#12 Ghost

Ghost

16 Championships

• Members
  • 22,776 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:04 PM

I don't have HBO anymore. Is there a website where I can watch this? HELP!
RIP - July 4th, 2008

"To be a leader, you have to make people want to follow you, and nobody wants to follow someone who doesn't know where he is going." - Joe Namath

#13 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

I don't have HBO anymore. Is there a website where I can watch this? HELP!

http://www.casttv.com/shows/hard-knocks

Posted Image

#14 Ghost

Ghost

16 Championships

• Members
  • 22,776 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

http://www.casttv.com/shows/hard-knocks

You are the man! You think they'll put it on tonight?
RIP - July 4th, 2008

"To be a leader, you have to make people want to follow you, and nobody wants to follow someone who doesn't know where he is going." - Joe Namath

#15 DireJet38

DireJet38

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

I highly doubt it will be live.

Best bet is to scour to scour JTV/ustream.

#16 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

If not then check tomorrow, if you want it live try the sites that stream the games.

http://www.justin.tv/

or

http://www.myp2p.eu/

Posted Image

#17 slowmoe57

slowmoe57

back from the dead

• Members
  • 5,775 posts
  • LocationAurora Illinois

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

If not then check tomorrow, if you want it live try the sites that stream the games.

http://www.justin.tv/

or

http://www.myp2p.eu/

What about HULU Think they might have it tomorrow. I don't have to watch it as it happens
Posted Image
Remember weed will get you through times of no money
better than money will get you through times of no weed
TFFFB

#18 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

What about HULU Think they might have it tomorrow. I don't have to watch it as it happens

Never heard of it, please post the link.

Thanks!

Posted Image

#19 slowmoe57

slowmoe57

back from the dead

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

Never heard of it, please post the link.

Thanks!

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Hard+Knocks&st=0

looks like they showed past seasons -- and the picture quality is excellent.
I will probably find out tomorrow.
Posted Image
TFFFB

#20 visajets

visajets

3rd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

I just had HBO turned on. $14.95 a month. Only keeping it until Hard Knocks is over. IM READY!!!!!!!!!

#21 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

http://atdhe.net/

That site has the most sports related stuff. Some people say it puts viruses on your computer, I'm on a mac and don't have to worry about that so I don't know.
"I have been handsome all my life." Mike Francessa

#22 Ghost

Ghost

16 Championships

• Members
  • 22,776 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:36 PM

That site has the most sports related stuff. Some people say it puts viruses on your computer, I'm on a mac and don't have to worry about that so I don't know.

Thanks, guys!
RIP - July 4th, 2008

#23 TaborJet

TaborJet

• Members
  • 7,300 posts
  • LocationJersey Shore

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

*bump* for tonight....as if everyone here needed the reminder...tonight at 10pm Eastern on HBO!

#24 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,613 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

I can not wait for this friggin show. The Jets are in the National spotlight. Amazing.

#25 slowmoe57

slowmoe57

back from the dead

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

I use that at work (shhhhhhhhhhhhh) no problems at all ---
Posted Image
TFFFB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users