Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

Larz    59,433

the jets showed a lot more class than cincy in how they let guys go

NACHO !!! lol

tannenbaum came off like a dweeb

bummer I can't watch this with my kids....holy expletives

the most teling comment was at ryans cafe, woody, rex and tanny said they won't be bullied, it's not in their DNA. They will not meet revis' demands, so he's going to have to eat crow and skulk back to camp.......not very likely.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
CTM    136,139

So I'm sitting here getting excited for tonight and think about all the players and what they will be like in the series. Looking forward to Jenkins humor, Rex sound bites, wondering what guy on the cusp they are going to focus on etc.

Then, that gheyhomofag Jason Taylor popped into my mind. I'm really kinda pissed off about this. **** him, he's not a Jet. You know he's going to take air time with the rivalry and his traitor ways and ham it up like the dbag he is. Kinda sucks. I hate him and dont give a **** about him and he's going to be a featured person on the show.

Its not right.

stop thinking about gheyhomofag's princess..

problem solved.

SMC    90,190

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

The Basped stuff was tough.

This holdout is 100% on Revis. I can't believe people still defend him in this. This is solely about Revis getting $16 million a year. End of story.

• Upvote 2

SMC    90,190

embarrassing. all the f bombs. I see why he was never hired as a head coach before..lol

You're an All-Pro of FAIL.

• Upvote 1

mfmartin    1,704

The part with Tannebaum driving back from the meeting was telling to me where he says he feels like a complete failure. Also the part where he was like apart from one guy, he will be the highest paid player in that position.

Integrity28    60,546

I really do think that the Revis stuff, like the car ride after teh diner meeting... is all part of the show. Its a huge plot line for the season...

Watching Basped get cut was gut wrenching. It was clear Rex wanted to keep him around, but that knee...

Bart Scott is awesome... he sounds like Mr. T when he talks.

Jenkins always sounds like he's got a stuffed up nose... it makes me laugh, but fat guys always make me laugh.

Rex is good TV for sure.

CTM    136,139

Good stuff. Man, it's making me hate revis and tanny/woody.. him not being there.. I don't care whose right or wrong, someone give .. this team could be great.

visajets    20,388

AWESOME SHOW. Me and my family sat down early to watch it. My 17 yr old son puts on HBO and a hot chic is riding some guy buck naked. My daughter was laughing and my wife wanted to kill me.

Edited by visajets

BP    371,458

You're an All-Pro of FAIL.

LOL! OK. I just dont think thats a professional way to represent the Jets. if you do, you FAIL ;) he is a professional, right? or was that a high school football coach? :rl:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

CTM    136,139

Watching Basped get cut was gut wrenching. It was clear Rex wanted to keep him around, but that knee...

yeah... it was.. shame.. kid seems like he'd give anything to play and just can't.. Also, looks kinda dumb, so he probably went from a chance at huge $$ to sh*tty pay..

CTM    136,139

LOL! OK. I just dont think thats a professional way to represent the Jets. if you do, you FAIL ;) he is a professional, right? or was that a high school football coach? :rl:

it was a little over the top, but w/e

Integrity28    60,546

Take off the skirt.

WINS are the best way to represent the Jets.

Do we really need to in-fight about Rex being himself? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Larz    59,433

Maybe I'm looking for a silver lining regarding the Revis fiasco, but they sure mentioned him a lot during this first show...coincidence?

no, he's an all-pro, last year the bengals hold out was a guy known for walking out of the combine and being fat, so they did like 2 mins a show with him

and the first week is boring, no PS games or significant cuts

BP    371,458

it was a little over the top, but w/e

All I said was it was embarrassing..lol..and it was..

BP    371,458

Take off the skirt.

Dude, dont attack me about my honest opinion. he represents the Jets, and acts like a buffoon. its true, and the truth hurts the ball washers.

SMC    90,190

Your point is asinine.

ALL Head Coaches (except for Herm) curse to their teams. Bill Parcells, your namesake, cursed up a storm for the team.

You're telling us that Rex should have "edited himself" for Hard Knocks?

Seriously, get a clue. You obviously have an agenda against Rex for some reason and that colors everything you say.

• Upvote 2

Bleedin Green    73,957

There was some funny sh*t in the show, that's for sure. Rex is of course hilarious, but a few other guys too that I wouldn't expect. Loved Tannenbaum's comment: "#10. Man, who traded for him? What a smart son of a bitch that guy was."

Granted they were highlights, but also cool seeing some of the big plays from our new guys. That leaping interception from Cromartie was insane, and that diving TD by Holmes was a nice one as well.

Awesome to see the amount of Namath's involvement. For him to just take it upon himself to step up and call stuff like he sees it and calling Sanchez and the coaches out for the way Sanchez is taking the snap, plus pointing out the play of the WRs in practice. The fact that he's even sitting in there on a meeting with the coaches and Sanchez I thought was pretty damn cool.

Tannenbaum's reaction after the diner meeting was definitely depressing. Does not seem like a good sign for anything to happen any time soon. That reaction certainly explains Woody's comments since then.

You also really have to feel for a kid like Basped. He's fighting against the odds from the beginning as it is, seems to have been impressing all of the coaches from top to bottom, but he's plagued by bad knees that are just nullifying all of that

Maxman    519,270

I am assuming you are kidding. Using the f word isn't the way to represent the Jets? Mangini wouldn't curse I am sure. That is why he will be fired for the second time when this season is over.

Football is a violent sport played by young men. I think a curse here and there is acceptable.

BP    371,458

Take off the skirt.

and he hasnt won anything yet this year.

visajets    20,388

Dude, dont attack me about my honest opinion. he represents the Jets, and acts like a buffoon. its true, and the truth hurts the ball washers.

Give Rex and break. Hes a regular guy. Im willing to bet when your out with your friends theres a few f-bombs tossed around. HBO wants this to be reality not a scripted show.

gangreenman    56,122

Maybe I'm looking for a silver lining regarding the Revis fiasco, but they sure mentioned him a lot during this first show...coincidence?

No its not a coincidence...Our best player is missing from TC because of a contract impasse. Something would be wrong if he wasn't made a major topic.

BP    371,458

I am assuming you are kidding. Using the f word isn't the way to represent the Jets? Mangini wouldn't curse I am sure. That is why he will be fired for the second time when this season is over.

Football is a violent sport played by young men. I think a curse here and there is acceptable.

I'm not kidding. lol..but im being overwhelmed by all the ball washers. it wasnt just the f bombs. god..nevermind.

Integrity28    60,546

"Attack?"

I rest my case on the "skirt" remark.

and he hasnt won anything yet this year.

Really?

Integrity28    60,546

I'm not kidding. lol..but im being overwhelmed by all the ball washers. it wasnt just the f bombs. god..nevermind.

It's an attack if I say "take off the skirt."

But totally fine if you call people "ball washers."

:rolleyes: