The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

Maxman

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has done a great job with the defense. hes a great defensive coordinator. lets see if his way works. I will love him if he wins a super bowl. that would give him the right to do or say anything he wants. and all would be forgiven if he did that.

Way to step out on a limb there :rolleyes:

He has done a great job with the defense. hes a great defensive coordinator. lets see if his way works. I will love him if he wins a super bowl. that would give him the right to do or say anything he wants. and all would be forgiven if he did that.

we all go through times in our lives when sports just all seems so ridiculous and unimportant-other priorities take precedence. It's cool Jim maybe you're going through that now and you know what bro-you have every friggin right to feel however the hell you want to feel about this owner, this GM, this coach, and this team. You have put YOUR money where your mouth is-you and a lot of other guys around here have spent untold thousands of hard earned dollars on this team. Anybody who is being critical, well I'd like to see their travel expenses and their bar tabs over the past 20 years following the Jets all over holy creation.

we all go through times in our lives when sports just all seems so ridiculous and unimportant-other priorities take precedence. It's cool Jim maybe you're going through that now and you know what bro-you have every friggin right to feel however the hell you want to feel about this owner, this GM, this coach, and this team. You have put YOUR money where your mouth is-you and a lot of other guys around here have spent untold thousands of hard earned dollars on this team. Anybody who is being critical, well I'd like to see their travel expenses and their bar tabs over the past 20 years following the Jets all over holy creation.

LOL! Thanks Jimmy! but I am not trying to make this a Jets fan penis measuring contest.. I'm not gonna pick on Rex anymore

LOL! Thanks Jimmy! but I am not trying to make this a Jets fan penis measuring contest.. I'm not gonna pick on Rex anymore

yea I know you're not all I'm saying is you have every right to feel however the eff you feel because you and a lot of other guys on the boards have PAID for that right. I know I haven't

Whether you like Rex or not, he has to produce...and that is winning the SB. He's put it out there and now he has to do the walk because he sure has hell has done the talk.

Problem is, when you have a big mouth like Rex and you don't put your money where your mouth is, the fall is a lot greater. We've seen all the bashing our HC's have taken through the years and Rex will be no different...

It's all true.

I love Rex's bravado, and really don't care how many F-bombs he drops on Hard Knocks. I like the fact that he's raised the bar around here. I'd rather have the coach be bold than be all chickensh*t and humble. He's putting pressure on his players to perform while simultaneously putting the bullseye on his own back. The players appreciate the support, and want to win for this coach. Herm had the quality, but Rex trumps Herm in the area of actually being a good football coach.

Now if Rex's championship predictions start to sound like Patrick Ewing's, then I guess it will have started to get old. For now, I like it a lot.

Back to the show...

loved when you saw Rex actually working with his players on technique. I don't go to a lot of practices but I recently did attend one for the Jags and Jack Del Rio let his positions coach do all the technique coaching. Figured that was pretty standard, but when you get a HC who gets involved with his players in that fashion...its really no wonder why players respond to him the way they do.

I really F'ing love this guy and hope he brings us a championship.

It's all true.

I love Rex's bravado, and really don't care how many F-bombs he drops on Hard Knocks. I like the fact that he's raised the bar around here. I'd rather have the coach be bold than be all chickensh*t and humble. He's putting pressure on his players to perform while simultaneously putting the bullseye on his own back. The players appreciate the support, and want to win for this coach. Herm had the quality, but Rex trumps Herm in the area of actually being a good football coach.

Now if Rex's championship predictions start to sound like Patrick Ewing's, then I guess it will have started to get old. For now, I like it a lot.

Nice post. Totally agreed.

Loved the "nacho," stuff. It's like Sanchez is just wired to be too nice a guy. "Nachos aren't even real Mexican food. I'm gonna tell him that! That'll get him!" Too funny.

So after reading and hearing nothing but the Jets side of the argument in the papers and on the radio, watching the cameras follow the Jets around for an hour has you convinced that Revis is 100% in the wrong here. The state of NY should consider making you a judge. Not having to hear the defense will help speed cases thru the courts. :lol:

To Revis' credit, AFAIC, the HBO people wanted to follow him around with their cameras and he told them, "no." He cited the fact that he was already enough of a distraction, and didn't want to be more of one. The way HBO framed the holdout might be somewhat designed to get Revis & Co. to change their minds on that.

Mike Tannenbaum is just not that good of an actor.

When he sat there pulling his own hair... that was genuine.

When he said that he feels like a failure... that was genuine.

When he said Revis would be the highest paid corner except for one transaction... that was genuine.

To me, it's clear that the Revis camp is not ready to accept less than NA (I still cant spell his name). What the Jets are offering, is unclear, but the fact that Tannenbaum is trying everything he can without destroying any potential future cap is clear.

it cuts both ways... Rex was looking for DR at bedcheck saying "i wish" and he also said "well I dunno he's good he's pretty ******* good" in the first speech scene... I think if it were up to Rex it would be a done deal already. No HC wants to load up for a SB year without their best player.

And then seeing what happened to Kevin Basped it's clear Revis has to look out for himself cause no one else is going to...

A guy that's perfectly healthy, and has made well over 10 million dollars in this league already, isn't really a fair comparison to an undrafted rookie who the team took a flyer on based on his chronic knee problems.

Mike Tannenbaum is just not that good of an actor.

When he sat there pulling his own hair... that was genuine.

When he said that he feels like a failure... that was genuine.

When he said Revis would be the highest paid corner except for one transaction... that was genuine.

To me, it's clear that the Revis camp is not ready to accept less than NA (I still cant spell his name). What the Jets are offering, is unclear, but the fact that Tannenbaum is trying everything he can without destroying any potential future cap is clear.

I do not doubt that Tannenbaum believes he's doing everything he can to get a deal done. Nor do I doubt that Revis' team is taking a hard line themselves.

But I do think it is clear that the Jets have not offered anything in terms of a signing bonus yet, being that Revis' camp has made that claim and the Jets have made no effort to refute it. Seems like when the two sides disagree on a fact, they're no longer afraid to share it with the press. So if the Jets were offering money up front, we would've heard about it. Wouldn't you tend to agree? The 10 year/$120M made it's way to the press, if there was a substantial bonus attached don't you think that would've leaked, too?

And I don't buy anything in terms of this "destroying any potential future cap" thing. First, this is an uncapped year that the Jets could use to spend some money and not have it count in future years. Whether they use the signing bonus, a roster bonus, reporting bonus... whatever - they can help themselves a great deal with the potential future cap by not only getting Revis' deal done, but by getting Mangold and Harris completed ASAP, too.

The other thing with the cap argument is that it's really not much of an argument. Jets are rumored to be offering $12M/year, Revis is rumored to want $16M/year. So even if the Jets cave and give him everything he wants, what are we talking about? One $4M/year player? Two $2M/year players? Hardly a destruction of the Jets salary cap as we know it.

The other thing with the cap argument is that it's really not much of an argument. Jets are rumored to be offering $12M/year, Revis is rumored to want $16M/year. So even if the Jets cave and give him everything he wants, what are we talking about? One $4M/year player? Two $2M/year players? Hardly a destruction of the Jets salary cap as we know it.

You state this as if it is insignificant. A $4m cap number would make a player one of the top-10 highest paid players on the team.

Maybe we can cut Brandon Moore and replace him with a UDFA in order to meet Revis's demands and stay under the cap.

You state this as if it is insignificant. A $4m cap number would make a player one of the top-10 highest paid players on the team.

Maybe we can cut Brandon Moore and replace him with a UDFA in order to meet Revis's demands and stay under the cap.

But what if the cap is $4 million higher after the next CBA?

The Jets will look awfully stupid for going "all in" the year they had a chance to put Cro and Revis side-by-side.

If Cro has a big year — which all signs are pointing to right now — he's gone. Another team is going to pay him BIG money to be their No. 1 CB.

You really wanna toy with the chance of seeing Revis/Cro play across from one another?

But what if the cap is $4 million higher after the next CBA?

And what if the cap number is lower? Then we can cut Damien Woody and replace the entire right side of our O-Line... that should be amenable to someone who has been belly-aching about releasing Faneca being a cost-cutting move by a cheapskate owner.

The whole fact that there is uncertainty as to the future of the cap is the exact reason why the notion of handing Revis a "blank check" is asinine.

Yup.

I'm taking the widest extreme between what the Jets are offering and what Revis wants, bridging that gap, and still only getting to $4M of what was last year a $127M salary cap. It's not that significant. Making claims that Revis' demands are going to bust the cap are the equivalent of Revis claiming he can't feed his family on $550K. They're both absurd.

Yup.

I'm taking the widest extreme between what the Jets are offering and what Revis wants, bridging that gap, and still only getting to $4M of what was last year a $127M salary cap. It's not that significant. Making claims that Revis' demands are going to bust the cap are the equivalent of Revis claiming he can't feed his family on $550K. They're both absurd.

Except that they'd already be doubling Revis's scheduled cap number for next year from ~$6m (if the buyout is exercised) to ~$12m... bring it to $16m and you're talking about an extra $10m over what was, no-doubt, a number crafted by Tannenbaum to give him the most flexibility to resign other players (Mangold, Harris, Brick).

They're ball washers because they start attacking me about my opinion. he is a buffoon. that was embarrassing what I saw last night.

What I saw was a coach who is in year two and is building upon a year in which they went to the Championship game. Rex matched Parcell's high water mark in year one.

I wouldn't run the team the way Rex does. I am willing to admit though that there are multiple ways to get the job done. And I like Rex's chances.

Archived