The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

Maxman

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad thing is that was a great call, and Schitty would have probally put 4 players in motion before the snap and then ran it for a gain of 2, while the lead blocker was split out wide. Or something like that.

I don't know where he developed his offensive philosphy. His dad was one of the all-time great smashmouth offensive coaches but he wants to run this pu$$* multiple motion, trick O.

He sucks.

Yes ... he sucketh large. But he sucks a smidgen less then he did when he was REALLY smart and clever in Mangini's mensa club where it was mandatory to be really smart.

Hopefully he's dummied up enough to get out of the way and not schwanse up ground and pound.

Chauncey Washington looked completely defeated. That scene of the barbecue at his house was painful to watch.

The guy never had much of a shot with the numbers game on the Jets, but it's not like any other team in the league thought he was worth a roster spot, either. The anti-Woodhead & McKnight feelings are bleeding over into making people believe that Chauncey is better than he really is, IMHO.

Rex just trusts Danny "I know you won't fumble the f^cker" Woodhead. I don't think he would have any problem finishing off a regular season win by handing it to Danny to run out the clock. That and his versatility, that's why he's still here. McKnight's here because he never would've cleared waivers and made it back to the practice squad - the way Chauncey did. Sucks, but that's the way it works.

loved the series and the camp shots and the backstories, etc. HOWEVER, one portion of the story that was rediculous and sad, and obvious even to HBO--is that Chauncey Washington earned a roster spot, but couldn't have it because of Joe McKnight. Seriously this bothers the crap out of me. McNight? Really? He's horrible and still keeps a spot over a guy thats hustled and earned it--because he cost two draft picks. Stupid as hell.

anthony lynn said chauncey didn't understand the offense. i'd say the psquad is the proper place for that player. mcknight doesn't know the offense either but in fairness that guy doesn't have to know much to return punts.

i loved Westy talking about the tour de france. and Rex's "dick" defense

"I'm not fed up now. Why would I be fed up a year from now?"

"They obviously don't know me very well, do they?"

Dude is friggin' hardcore!

i believe Woody wasn't stressed. I believe he was willing to move on. But I also believe he didn't understand the football ramifications of that statement. If tanny and rex agreed with Woody thought the Jets would be "just fine" without Revis they wouldn't have put in such an effort last minute to get it done.

i believe Woody wasn't stressed. I believe he was willing to move on. But I also believe he didn't understand the football ramifications of that statement. If tanny and rex agreed with Woody thought the Jets would be "just fine" without Revis they wouldn't have put in such an effort last minute to get it done.

You were wrong bit. Let it go.

None of them were going to cave into unreasonable demands though.

Sounds like they were going to let Revis rot, but they did not have to as he came down off of his "more than Aso stance"

i loved westoff's story about the dogs... altho only caught about half of what he was talking about... is Danny Woodhead the runt puppy with the string around his neck? did they put David Clowney in a burlap sack and throw him in the river?

No they sold him for parts.

Some of the comments below the videos are great. Some of my favorites:

1)

F***. I went into this year’s hardknock’s hoping to renew my passionate hatred for the Jets- which admittedly has slipped in the post Testeverde/Chrebet era. Instead I’ve grown to love these f***ing assholes. Good thing their fans are all a bunch of greasy sh*t-weasels or I might find myself actually rooting for them.

2) I’m thinking Schottenheimer woke up in the middle of the night and said, ‘Oh yeah? Well the Jerk store called, and they’re running out of You!”

3) I wouldn’t call that #2 clip “sulking.” He took getting “fired” pretty well, I thought...................

Oh, wait. I forgot the whole “quitting during practice” bit. Yeah, f*** him.

4)

“Mark Sanchez – you just called a touchdown in a pre-season game, what are you going to do now “?

“I’M GOING TO TACO BELL ”

/stereotypes

5) It’s like that hot cheerleader you somehow nailed back in the day. It was amazing, but it will never happen again. Sweet pussytubing memories we will always have.

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit Hard Knocks ended too soon. Could you imagine Rex and Tanne in the wee hours of the morning getting that phone call.

BE coach its me you up?

RR me who do you know its 530 am

BE yea im sorry bro but me and Vern and Dbrick are in jail

RR is this braylon?

RR f*** f*** f*** what the f*** happened what the f*** did you do?

BE we was chillin with a few friends in NYC and we drank way too much Hennesey and I got a DUI

RR aw geez Braylon let me come down and bring that f***** cop a snack

Archived