Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was merely a statement.

You don't think the Jets' record after Week 3 — especially if we happen to get toasted by the likes of Boldin, Moss and Marshall — will factor into this mess?

Get real, BRO!

Get real? How much money you got? With or without Revis I say the Jets don't get further this year than last year.

You don't think the Jets' record after Week 3 — especially if we happen to get toasted by the likes of Boldin, Moss and Marshall — will factor into this mess?

If we don't skip a beat, well, that's fan-*******-tastic!

Either way, the first three weeks are going to push this along in one way or another.

The Jets can start 0-3 and they still won't pay Revis $16 million a year.

Get serious. The Jets can't afford to commit to pay Revis QB money with Sanchez set to make $13.5 million in 2011.

what?

If Woody signs off on a trade to deal away the best player this team has had in decades simply because they couldn't find a way to get him signed (while the team he gets traded to does, in fact, sign him), it would rank as one of the more embarrassing concessions this franchise has had to make, ever. It will reek of buffoonery. I wasn't necessarily referring to their ability to compete on the field, per se. They'll still be a good team, but they won't be as good a team as they could have been with Revis on the roster.

Faneca? That's a bad example...he's toast. They're finding that out in Arizona.

Thank you Bill - my thoughts too. Dire - I think he statistically let in more sacks from his coverage last year than most O linemen.

Thank you Bill - my thoughts too. Dire - I think he statistically let in more sacks from his coverage last year than most O linemen.

Undeniable, yes. Still, he was a nasty run blocker on a run-first team.

I guess the franchise thinks Sanchez has matured enough that he's ready to take control of a more pass-oriented team. Let's hope so, as we certainly don't have a shortage of standout receiving options.

Nothing the Jets can do about it. The market for premier cornerbacking services has been set. No use crying over it anymore.

The Jets can make Revis the highest paid CB in the NFL and still not pay him $16 million per over 6 or 7 yr contract.

The "highest paid" argument is a red herring.

Revis doesn't just want to be the highest paid CB this year, he wants to be that for every year of the contract. He's ignoring total package amount which would make him the highest paid.

I just listened to the radio interview. Ness Lessman has zero speaking ability and hurts himself every time he is in front of a microphone. He should just stay behind the scenes and let the best GM in the league handle the Revis issue.

Having said that I think Revis is screwing with the wrong people. The Jets will not fold.

I totally forgot about the Martinettes. Remember those screaming matches? omg.

They were the best. Of all the players in NFL history, I don't think a player's playoff statistics have been mentioned/analyzed more than Curtis Martin, thanks to Jets fans on message boards.

The Jets can start 0-3 and they still won't pay Revis $16 million a year.

Get serious. The Jets can't afford to commit to pay Revis QB money with Sanchez set to make $13.5 million in 2011.

We'll see what goes down. I'm just saying the outcome of those three games will play a big part in all this.

When everyone starts playing for real, things get real, real fast.

REAL TALK.

I just listened to the radio interview. Ness Lessman has zero speaking ability and hurts himself every time he is in front of a microphone. He should just stay behind the scenes and let the best GM in the league handle the Revis issue.

Having said that I think Revis is screwing with the wrong people. The Jets will not fold.

Shucks! There goes our SB.

LMAO

FOILED AGAIN!

The Jets can make Revis the highest paid CB in the NFL and still not pay him $16 million per over 6 or 7 yr contract.

The "highest paid" argument is a red herring.

Revis doesn't just want to be the highest paid CB this year, he wants to be that for every year of the contract. He's ignoring total package amount which would make him the highest paid.

Honestly, I think it comes down to guarantees.

If we don't skip a beat, well, that's fan-*******-tastic!

Either way, the first three weeks are going to push this along in one way or another.

I think if Donovan McNabb moves the ball through the air in the third preseason game, you'll see Woody and Tannenbaum run to the table. Say what you will about McNabb, he can stand in and move a team against some pretty hairy defenses. This will be a huge litmus test for Cromartie and Kyle Wilson, assuming Revis still isn't signed.

Undeniable, yes. Still, he was a nasty run blocker on a run-first team.

I guess the franchise thinks Sanchez has matured enough that he's ready to take control of a more pass-oriented team. Let's hope so, as we certainly don't have a shortage of standout receiving options.

You're thinking of it backwards. The Jets didn't bring in weapons as a result of something Sanchez did. They didn't take a look at Sanchez's footage and say "he's ready".

They brought in weapons because they know the way the NFL is trending, and the acquisitions they made along with and after bringing in Sanchez were a signal to the coaching staff that, ready or not, we need to become a passing team too.

They brought in weapons because they know the way the NFL is trending, and the acquisitions they made along with and after bringing in Sanchez were a signal to the coaching staff that, ready or not, we need to become a passing team too.

I agree with this statement 100 percent.

And that's why I want Revis to be paid.

A shutdown corner in today's NFL is 100 times more valuable than it was in the pre-Polian Colts era.

I think if Donovan McNabb moves the ball through the air in the third preseason game, you'll see Woody and Tannenbaum run to the table. Say what you will about McNabb, he can stand in and move a team against some pretty hairy defenses. This will be a huge litmus test for Cromartie and Kyle Wilson, assuming Revis still isn't signed.

If we can't shutdown Sideline Santana and the 55-year-old Joey Galloway, we are in serious trouble heading into Week 1.

Hey, I can go all night.

But, really, I've been saying this since the beginning. I think everyone — Jets fans and management — are severely underrating Revis' value.

PAY DA MAN!

Nope, pretty sure you're over rating the value of a corner back. You know who else did that? Al Davis, thats good company.

We'll see what goes down. I'm just saying the outcome of those three games will play a big part in all this.

When everyone starts playing for real, things get real, real fast.

REAL TALK.

Someone else mentioned this, but it bears repeating because it's real life rather than a "real football game": Woody buried his daughter last October. You think a bad start is going to scare Woody into making a decision that he is fundamentally opposed to?

Hey, I can go all night.

But, really, I've been saying this since the beginning. I think everyone — Jets fans and management — are severely underrating Revis' value.

PAY DA MAN!

So not agreeing to pay Revis $16 million per year (effectively 1/6 of the salary cap to one player on a 53-man roster) means everyone is underrating Revis' value. Got it.

Archived