(Brian Cushing) Is this idiot serious?

Klecko73isGod

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5449113

HOUSTON -- Suspended Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing says his positive test for a fertility drug was the result of overtraining.

Cushing is suspended for the first four games this season after testing positive last September for HCG, a drug on the league's banned substance list. Cushing says he never took the drug, which can be used to restart testosterone production after a steroid cycle, and has no idea how it got into his body.

Cushing worked out with his team on Monday morning. He says doctors have told him that the failed drug test resulted from "overtrained athlete syndrome," a condition that he says can trigger hormonal spikes.

Texans owner Bob McNair flew to New York on Monday to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in hopes of getting Cushing's punishment reduced. The league denied Cushing's appeal of the suspension in February.

Just admit it you fool. I hope they double his suspension for being a jackass.

However silly the twinkie defense might be, NcNair's generating serious street cred with his players taking this case all the way to the commisioner. I understand it was McNair who paid for a slew of expensive tests to put the case together.

It's quite humorous and the owner facilitating this.

The irony, as we all know, is that Cushing has been rumored to be doing steroids since HS.

Well obviously he's been overtraining for 5 or 6 years :P

However silly the twinkie defense might be, NcNair's generating serious street cred with his players taking this case all the way to the commisioner. I understand it was McNair who paid for a slew of expensive tests to put the case together.

Exactly.

Why does everyone care? While I doubt it will work, it is worth a shot. Might as well appeal if you have the ability to.

Archived