It's All About Cromartie Now

SoFlaJets

Not Jets' PLAYER fan-Revis is out for the year with a torn ACL as far as I'm concerned. The last guy we had playing #1CB has never been able to do what Antonio has done. Cro has never missed a game in his NFL career and is a grateful person for what the Jets org. has done for him. I'm ready to move on and paddle away from Revis Island...next stop on the tour? Al-CRO-traz baby!! Go Jets!!!!!

Not Jets' PLAYER fan-Revis is out for the year with a torn ACL as far as I'm concerned. The last guy we had playing #1CB has never been able to do what Antonio has done. Cro has never missed a game in his NFL career and is a grateful person for what the Jets org. has done for him. I'm ready to move on and paddle away from Revis Island...next stop on the tour? Al-CRO-traz baby!! Go Jets!!!!!

I like that.

Plus the offense is going to kick it up a notch this year as well.

I like that.

Plus the offense is going to kick it up a notch this year as well.

I truly believe like you that we are in pretty damn good shape right now. Me? I believe in Rex Ryan's defense and I also believe that the guy we have been talking about for weeks is more a product OF that system. All I have to go on is the numbers and I don't see Revis' numbers PRIOR TO REX as earth-shattering stats. Antonio Cromartie can get the job done in the designed schemes that Rex will draw up for the 2010 Jets-which WILL BE DIFFERENT than those used with Revis-we have a better pass rush-we HAVE Pace and Taylor and a hopefully much improved Gholston along with an offense that is way better and not being run by a rookie QB

I truly believe like you that we are in pretty damn good shape right now. Me? I believe in Rex Ryan's defense and I also believe that the guy we have been talking about for weeks is more a product OF that system. All I have to go on is the numbers and I don't see Revis' numbers PRIOR TO REX as earth-shattering stats. Antonio Cromartie can get the job done in the designed schemes that Rex will draw up for the 2010 Jets-which WILL BE DIFFERENT than those used with Revis-we have a better pass rush-we HAVE Pace and Taylor and a hopefully much improved Gholston along with an offense that is way better and not being run by a rookie QB

I'm with you. Sometimes a negative can turn into a positive. I truly believe that. The different schemes very well might turn out to be even better. I just hope Jason Taylor can hurry up the QB, but no more than I did when I was assuming whats his name was going to play LCB this year.

I'm just pointing out that Cro isn't Revis.

And it's beyond foolish to think that.

But how's the weather in the land of gum drops and lollipops?

he doesn't have to be-all he has to be is who he is. You think Ryan won't know how to utilize a player this God-gifted? Do you think he doesn't know that there is a difference between what Cro can do and what your boyfriend can? I have faith in Ryan-apparently you don't as much

I'm with you. Sometimes a negative can turn into a positive. I truly believe that. The different schemes very well might turn out to be even better. I just hope Jason Taylor can hurry up the QB, but no more than I did when I was assuming whats his name was going to play LCB this year.

and a perfect example DL was how the D-line changed into a quicker unit once Jenks went down and so many said "oh poor us, we're cursed, SOJ" In Ryan I Trust

I think Cromartie can excell in this defense...especially playing like athletic WR's like Moss...bc he has that type of altheticism.

But come on guys....he doesnt hold a candle to Revis in terms of all around corner play. Revis is one of the best open field tacklers in the game,possibly the best.

Cromartie is dangerous if he gets the ball in his hands- more dangerous than Revis...but Revis is a much better all around player.

Don't make me post the clip we all mocked ad nauseum last season . . .

post what you want dude-I'm more concerned about coverage skills by a CB and the middle of the Jets defense is a tougher nut to crack than San Diego's is

he doesn't have to be-all he has to be is who he is. You think Ryan won't know how to utilize a player this God-gifted? Do you think he doesn't know that there is a difference between what Cro can do and what your boyfriend can? I have faith in Ryan-apparently you don't as much

Let's cut the "boyfriend" sh*t, OK?

Can I side with a player over the organization without homo-connotations?

Now, I think Cro will do well in this defense. But how, exactly, is Rex going to employ him to get "the most" out of his skills?

I think Cromartie can excell in this defense...especially playing like athletic WR's like Moss...bc he has that type of altheticism.

But come on guys....he doesnt hold a candle to Revis in terms of all around corner play. Revis is one of the best open field tacklers in the game,possibly the best.

Cromartie is dangerous if he gets the ball in his hands- more dangerous than Revis...but Revis is a much better all around player.

agreed but the Jets won't be playing Revis ball this year if he's not here so Cro doesn't HAVE to be what Revis is-he only has to be what he is already. Which happens to be a guy that can pick off 10 balls this year-which Revis has never done BTW

Let's cut the "boyfriend" sh*t, OK?

Can I side with a player over the organization without homo-connotations?

Now, I think Cro will do well in this defense. But how, exactly, is Rex going to employ him to get "the most" out of his skills?

Why don't you just come out of the closet already.

I'm just pointing out that Cro isn't Revis.

And it's beyond foolish to think that.

But how's the weather in the land of gum drops and lollipops?

Mevi$ wasnt Mevi$ without Rex. I'm excited to see what Cro can do with Rex as his coach. Are we better off with Mevi$, yep, but dont think for a second that Rex wont make Cro look like a beast. You just wait and see.

So Revis can tackle. Wow. That is awesome. We're doomed without him.

I think its pretty apparent you dont understand that part of the game.

Revis' tackling skills allow you to play him anywhere on the field. Its extremely rare to have a corner that can sniff out a sweep and make a tackle behind the line of scrimmage. Look at what the Packers did with Charles Woodson last season. Revis has those same skills. Its just that he's so valuable in coverage it limits his tackles. This is my main concern with Cromartie- he doesnt enjoy tackling.

I think its pretty apparent you dont understand that part of the game.

I know. Everybody is stupid except you and the 4 other revis lovers. You know everything there is to know about football, economics, life in general.

We all love Woody Johnson, too.

I know. Everybody is stupid except you and the 4 other revis lovers. You know everything there is to know about football, economics, life in general.

We all love Woody Johnson, too.

You havent made one post regarding football. Just mindless insults.

You dont think tackling is an important part of the game?

Are we really discussing Revis vs. Cromartie?

Revis is better than Cromartie... By a lot... In every area but one...

Showing up.

Unfortunately, without the aforementioned skill, all of Revis's other skills make him as valuable or less than any poster on this board is to the Jets.

Are we really discussing Revis vs. Cromartie?

Revis is better than Cromartie... By a lot... In every area but one...

Showing up.

Unfortunately, without the aforementioned skill, all of Revis's other skills make him as valuable or less than any poster on this board is to the Jets.

If he shows up on the 13th who cares.

You havent made one post regarding football.

Lie.

Just mindless insults.

About direjet being a homo? Why is that an insult?

Where did I say that?

Fact is, Sofla started this thread, and until you and the other revis lover showed up, we were discussing football, and there were no insults.

Lie.

Just mindless insults.

About direjet being a homo? Why is that an insult?

Where did I say that?

Fact is, Sofla started this thread, and until you and the other revis lover showed up, we were discussing football, and there were no insults.

I havent been talking football?

Mevi$ wasnt Mevi$ without Rex. I'm excited to see what Cro can do with Rex as his coach. Are we better off with Mevi$, yep, but dont think for a second that Rex wont make Cro look like a beast. You just wait and see.

but I don't expect Ryan to play Revis ball anyway JiF-just like how we played a different style of defense when Jenkins went down, we'll do the same w/o The Diva out there. Look, we all know it's a copycat league anyway and every team is going to use the Colts idea of sacrificing the #1 WR and try to beat the Jets out of the slot-no Revis? Fine we'll still be playing a Rex Ryan defense and we all know they are pretty damn good schemes

Archived