Won my first football game in 4 years

Falcon63

Yes I know, very, very sad, but I don't care, our team has come a long way. Any of you familiar with Florida football know the school that was once consistently state champions, and now owns two of Florida's longest losing streak. This is my fourth season of this team, and the only win we have received, I was out with a torn ACL, so I don't count that. We recently hired a new coach this spring, and it definitely paid off. The team has a MUCH higher intensity when playing, and we're starting to come together as a team now, instead of just worrying about yourself getting to college.

It was a tight game against a pretty good team. We ended up winning 12-7, with the 12 points coming off two rushing TDs, and a missed PAT and 2-pt conversion. It was my first game as a senior and I feel I played great. Though I'm being recruited as a DT, I only played two plays on defense, and I played the entire game at RG and LT. I consider myself to have a very high on-the-field football IQ, so I read their D-Line's every move, which was basically just the DTs looping to the outside. Knowing what they were doing every time, I told my coach what they were doing and how we could exploit it. We gained 12 rushing first downs, and two rushing TDs, all on the same play, right off my a$$, even when they knew it was coming. It made me feel good that I actually got some credit for opening up huge holes as I've been doing for 4 years, but it just now got noticed. So I was kind of mad that I didn't play DT, but we got the win and I played great at RG and LT, so who cares.

As for the actual game, it was very hard-fought. LOTS of penalties by both teams, and lots of stupid plays by our players (specifically our QB). It was 7-0 at the half, after our offense drove the ball into the redzone 3 times, before being held back by penalties. The second half is when we started gameplanning in the locker room. We only went over one play, 32 dive. In the second half, we ran other plays, however, 32 dive was our money play. Now, if you saw our size compared to their's, they were HUGE. However, size does not equal playing ability. We opened up huge holes for the HB, and we played smart and only crackbacked when needed (because the big thing with me was I was penalized 7 times in the spring game for crackbacking people that weren't near the ball). Anyways, the other team decided to try and run out the clock while driving down the field, but that mistake cost them. They were sacked on 4th down (one of about 15 tackles for losses), and we took a knee to end the game.

One of their players stopped breathing at one point in the game and was taken off in an ambulance. The teams came together and did a prayer for him, with each player touching a player from the other team. Overall, great experience, and I'll post the film on Monday for anyone interested.

Yes I know, very, very sad, but I don't care, our team has come a long way. Any of you familiar with Florida football know the school that was once consistently state champions, and now owns two of Florida's longest losing streak. This is my fourth season of this team, and the only win we have received, I was out with a torn ACL, so I don't count that. We recently hired a new coach this spring, and it definitely paid off. The team has a MUCH higher intensity when playing, and we're starting to come together as a team now, instead of just worrying about yourself getting to college.

It was a tight game against a pretty good team. We ended up winning 12-7, with the 12 points coming off two rushing TDs, and a missed PAT and 2-pt conversion. It was my first game as a senior and I feel I played great. Though I'm being recruited as a DT, I only played two plays on defense, and I played the entire game at RG and LT. I consider myself to have a very high on-the-field football IQ, so I read their D-Line's every move, which was basically just the DTs looping to the outside. Knowing what they were doing every time, I told my coach what they were doing and how we could exploit it. We gained 12 rushing first downs, and two rushing TDs, all on the same play, right off my a$$, even when they knew it was coming. It made me feel good that I actually got some credit for opening up huge holes as I've been doing for 4 years, but it just now got noticed. So I was kind of mad that I didn't play DT, but we got the win and I played great at RG and LT, so who cares.

As for the actual game, it was very hard-fought. LOTS of penalties by both teams, and lots of stupid plays by our players (specifically our QB). It was 7-0 at the half, after our offense drove the ball into the redzone 3 times, before being held back by penalties. The second half is when we started gameplanning in the locker room. We only went over one play, 32 dive. In the second half, we ran other plays, however, 32 dive was our money play. Now, if you saw our size compared to their's, they were HUGE. However, size does not equal playing ability. We opened up huge holes for the HB, and we played smart and only crackbacked when needed (because the big thing with me was I was penalized 7 times in the spring game for crackbacking people that weren't near the ball). Anyways, the other team decided to try and run out the clock while driving down the field, but that mistake cost them. They were sacked on 4th down (one of about 15 tackles for losses), and we took a knee to end the game.

One of their players stopped breathing at one point in the game and was taken off in an ambulance. The teams came together and did a prayer for him, with each player touching a player from the other team. Overall, great experience, and I'll post the film on Monday for anyone interested.

Good for you Falcon - keep that intensity up.

Have any of you actually attempted a PAT?

Not easy. A lot of Highschool teams just go for 2.

That's one thing about Italy. Football is still pretty undeveloped, but man these guys can kick. Every practice has some offensive tackle booting 25-30 yard FGs as a joke. We have one kicker who can put the ball in the end zone on kickoffs - the fields are generally slightly (7-10 yards) short.

Have any of you actually attempted a PAT?

Not easy. A lot of Highschool teams just go for 2.

Yeah, but our kickers suck. We have some guys who can kick it like 40 yards (me, our FB, and our MLB), but none of us can do it consistently or accurately.

That's one thing about Italy. Football is still pretty undeveloped, but man these guys can kick. Every practice has some offensive tackle booting 25-30 yard FGs as a joke. We have one kicker who can put the ball in the end zone on kickoffs - the fields are generally slightly (7-10 yards) short.

I could imagine that would be the case. We always grabbed a dude from the soccer team to kick.

I remember in Highschool we'd get out to the field before the coaches and we would all attempt field goals. There was always some assclown that hit a 45 yarder and thought he should be the kicker. We'd remind him that it took him 8 tries, 4 of which skipped across the ground.

Yeah, but our kickers suck. We have some guys who can kick it like 40 yards (me, our FB, and our MLB), but none of us can do it consistently or accurately.

Yeah, that's probably the norm. Even though our kickers are good, there are still a lot of blocks. I think it's more the snap-hold-kick timing than any actual systemic breakdown on the blocking.

Congratulations on the win. Be careful about throwing your QB under the bus. You're supposed to suck up to the QB! You probably won't get any Isotoners! Any news on the injured kid? <fingers crossed>

Yeah, that's probably the norm. Even though our kickers are good, there are still a lot of blocks. I think it's more the snap-hold-kick timing than any actual systemic breakdown on the blocking.

Congratulations on the win. Be careful about throwing your QB under the bus. You're supposed to suck up to the QB! You probably won't get any Isotoners! Any news on the injured kid? <fingers crossed>

Apparently he choked on Alkaseltzer. I laughed at first, but then one of the kids said he still might not make it (and I don't mean back to football, I mean survive).

But anyways, just watched the film. My pass blocking in the first half was horrible, cause I let the DT get inside on me numerous times, however, I feel I still played very well, and I definitely have at least 5-6 highlight-quality plays on the tape (would have one more, but the camera JUST missed my best crackback!). So hopefully I can get more than that these next two games, and I'll make another highlight video after a couple more games.

Apparently he choked on Alkaseltzer. I laughed at first, but then one of the kids said he still might not make it (and I don't mean back to football, I mean survive).

But anyways, just watched the film. My pass blocking in the first half was horrible, cause I let the DT get inside on me numerous times, however, I feel I still played very well, and I definitely have at least 5-6 highlight-quality plays on the tape (would have one more, but the camera JUST missed my best crackback!). So hopefully I can get more than that these next two games, and I'll make another highlight video after a couple more games.

The kid took Alka Seltzer? On the field? I don't think I understand kids today?

Wow, just got my hardest hit ever today. It was in practice, but still. Play was a 32 dive (in between the C and RG) and I was playing RG. the DT was in between us, and as soon as the ball snapped, he tried to swim inside. So instead of going for the pancake, I decided to completely take him out of the play. I drove him about 15 yards before I got off to get somebody else. But the second I get off him, I see him turn towards the ball, and he gave me a perfect kill shot. Basically, I faked like i was going to someone else, waited for him to turn toward me, and crack the sh*t outta him. Also knocked over the offensive coordinator. Really good day for me, and I can't wait for our Thursday game..

Wow, just got my hardest hit ever today. It was in practice, but still. Play was a 32 dive (in between the C and RG) and I was playing RG. the DT was in between us, and as soon as the ball snapped, he tried to swim inside. So instead of going for the pancake, I decided to completely take him out of the play. I drove him about 15 yards before I got off to get somebody else. But the second I get off him, I see him turn towards the ball, and he gave me a perfect kill shot. Basically, I faked like i was going to someone else, waited for him to turn toward me, and crack the sh*t outta him. Also knocked over the offensive coordinator. Really good day for me, and I can't wait for our Thursday game..

What class is your school?

Most people tell you to never hit the QB in practice or to never crackback your players in practice, but I do. You can call it dirty, nasty, whatever you want, but I want to give my teammates the most realistic game-like experience in practice that I can. And teams WILL crackback and hit the QB in the game.

Most people tell you to never hit the QB in practice or to never crackback your players in practice, but I do. You can call it dirty, nasty, whatever you want, but I want to give my teammates the most realistic game-like experience in practice that I can. And teams WILL crackback and hit the QB in the game.

Is this sanctioned by your coach? You keep talking about college, but no college coach I know of will put up with freelance sh*t like that. Hit the QB in practice? Good luck. You should probably get your a$$ kicked, but it sounds like you're the biggest and strongest at your school. That won't be true at the next level.

Is this sanctioned by your coach? You keep talking about college, but no college coach I know of will put up with freelance sh*t like that. Hit the QB in practice? Good luck. You should probably get your a$$ kicked, but it sounds like you're the biggest and strongest at your school. That won't be true at the next level.

No, I'm not the biggest or the strongest, I just want to win. I know in college they don't allow it, however, right now, we need to prepare for the game. The QB is no different than any other player, because the fact of the matter is that he WILL get hit during the game, and just avoiding hitting him will not help him at all. Would you rather have your QB be prepared to take a hit come game time, or fall flat on his face in the 4th quarter?

No, I'm not the biggest or the strongest, I just want to win. I know in college they don't allow it, however, right now, we need to prepare for the game. The QB is no different than any other player, because the fact of the matter is that he WILL get hit during the game, and just avoiding hitting him will not help him at all. Would you rather have your QB be prepared to take a hit come game time, or fall flat on his face in the 4th quarter?

Dude, if I were your QB you would have a major problem on your hands. If I were your coach you'd be benched. You should listen to your coach. That's something that coaches are going to be looking at, do you listen? Are you coach-able? It doesn't sound like it.

Your logic is also faulty. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Brett Favre all get hit during the game, but not in practice, why do that to the kid in practice? Two simple reasons they don't allow QBs to get hit during practice: 1. So they don't get dinged. Just a little shoulder or finger injury can be near terminal when you have the ball in your hands that often. 2. You don't want the QB getting guy shy. I'd rather have a QB ignorant of getting hit than one that is constantly expecting to be blasted. They have enough on their minds already, especially in H.S. It's not your job to decide what will prepare the QB, it's the job of the coach.

Dude, if I were your QB you would have a major problem on your hands. If I were your coach you'd be benched. You should listen to your coach. That's something that coaches are going to be looking at, do you listen? Are you coach-able? It doesn't sound like it.

Your logic is also faulty. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Brett Favre all get hit during the game, but not in practice, why do that to the kid in practice? Two simple reasons they don't allow QBs to get hit during practice: 1. So they don't get dinged. Just a little shoulder or finger injury can be near terminal when you have the ball in your hands that often. 2. You don't want the QB getting guy shy. I'd rather have a QB ignorant of getting hit than one that is constantly expecting to be blasted. They have enough on their minds already, especially in H.S. It's not your job to decide what will prepare the QB, it's the job of the coach.

The coach DIDN'T say we couldn't hit the QB. And I have no pity for quarterbacks. They are football players too, and if they are afraid of contact, then they shouldn't be playing football. If what you said were true, then I guess HBs shouldn't be hit either. I don't see ANY problem with QB contact during practice. What makes the QB different from me, the guy next to me, and the other 8 players on the field?

The coach DIDN'T say we couldn't hit the QB. And I have no pity for quarterbacks. They are football players too, and if they are afraid of contact, then they shouldn't be playing football. If what you said were true, then I guess HBs shouldn't be hit either. I don't see ANY problem with QB contact during practice. What makes the QB different from me, the guy next to me, and the other 8 players on the field?

I already told you, but if you are doing what the coach says fine. Doing what your coach tells you is the first rule of football. You prefaced your first comment with "most people tell you". Most people include almost every coach including Rex Ryan, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, etc. Yes, Herm Edwards too. If you think you know better than them more power to you.

I already told you, but if you are doing what the coach says fine. Doing what your coach tells you is the first rule of football. You prefaced your first comment with "most people tell you". Most people include almost every coach including Rex Ryan, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, etc. Yes, Herm Edwards too. If you think you know better than them more power to you.

No, I know that I will never have another coach that feels this way, but as I do now, I'll take advantage of it.

Dam, this kid just added me and all my teammates on Facebook and started talking trash. I replied, privately of course so college coaches don't see it, but the nerve of this kid to talk crap over Facebook and not be man enough to do it in the game, pisses me off.

If you played on my HS team pulling that act you'd have gotten your a$$ kicked.

You're not helping anyone, just acting like an idiot.

If you played on my HS team pulling that act you'd have gotten your a$$ kicked.

You're not helping anyone, just acting like an idiot.

Why, because I'm not treating my QB like a p*ssy? Qbs are football players too, am I really the only one who thinks that? What makes them better than the OL, WRs, and HBs? We're just as important as he is.

I dunno, it just pisses me off that people try and "baby" QBs, Ks, and Ps.

And what do you mean "pulling that act"? My coach didn't say anything about not hitting the QB.

Anyways, I don't care what you guys say, QBs should NOT get special treatment at all.

One serious question, though:

How is it "acting like an idiot"?

Why, because I'm not treating my QB like a p*ssy? Qbs are football players too, am I really the only one who thinks that? What makes them better than the OL, WRs, and HBs? We're just as important as he is.

I dunno, it just pisses me off that people try and "baby" QBs, Ks, and Ps.

And what do you mean "pulling that act"? My coach didn't say anything about not hitting the QB.

Anyways, I don't care what you guys say, QBs should NOT get special treatment at all.

One serious question, though:

How is it "acting like an idiot"?

Because when you end your QBs season for no reason and the rest of your year is tanked.. Your coaches and teammates are going to say "Falcon63, you were acting like an idiot"

Because when you end your QBs season for no reason and the rest of your year is tanked.. Your coaches and teammates are going to say "Falcon63, you were acting like an idiot"

1. Hitting the QB does not end his season automatically

2. If the QB gets hit, the OL needs to get yelled at, not the DL

3. How is this any different from a game? You practice like you play.

4. How would the rest of the year be tanked just because the QB was sacked once?

5. My coaches and teammates din't say I couldn't hit the QB

6. They don't call me Falcon63

7. You're an idiot for thinking that the QB is the most important person on the team. It's not a one man game.

Archived