Let’s start with Mr Favre again. We have moved him back up the rankings a bit but I would stay far away as the Vikes do not have good mojo right now .
The biggest downgrade again this week is Sidney Rice, which is based on his hip surgery. They are saying 8 weeks at this time, stay away.
We had a few other players downgraded as well;
- Calvin Johnson- I just don’t believe he will stay healthy.
- Larry Fitzgerald-The unsettled QB situation and his down turn in yards the last 2 years will keep him as a mid level WR.
- Desean Jackson-The offense will not revolve around him now that McNabb is gone, you cannot live year to year on just long touchdowns.
- Cedric Benson- The hype is real on Bernard Scott, I say Benson loses his job by midseason.
- Joseph Addai-Has a guy ever been ranked so high with such a low YPC? Donald Brown will be taking this job this year.
- Steve Smith- He is still a quality WR but Nicks will take away from of his production and could outperform him for the season.
- Jay Cutler- If int’s count as a negative in your league, do not go here, Martz may get him injured by midseason.
- Chad Ocho Cinco- TO is now the #1 Wr, this ranking maybe lower by the start of the season.
Here are some other players who have risen in my draft rankings;
- Javid Best- He keeps moving up and looks like CJ lite.
- Michael Turner-Mike Smith of the Falcons has said they will be run heavy next year, Falcons RB’s led the NFL is carries over 20 yards and averaged 1 TD per game.
- Ryan Matthews-He has the job all by himself; no way does he not get 1 td a week.
- Steve Smith-He was very productive with Matt Moore last year and is on pace to be ready for week 1.
- Tony Romo-He could be the #1 QB this year, the Cowboys offense looks unstoppable.
- Pierre Thomas- They do not have that goal line back this year which mean more opportunities to fulfill these high expectations.
- Wes Welker-Looking healthy and running free.
- Cadillac Williams-2 years off surgery and with a rookie FA backing him up, he should have a vg year.
- Terrell Owens- He is moving on up in Palmer’s eyes but they are still a poor passing team.
Next week we will have our final draft rankings as well as who will overachieve or underachieve based in their average draft position.