The Tom Shane Puts His Pecs Where His Mouth Is Thread

T0mShane

Much appreciated Tom! It's a charity that's very important to me. I'll even do you one better since I so LOVE this bet-If you lose, upon completion of you getting your tattoo I will still make my $200 donation.

Me to.. 200 from me for cancer research

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How hairy is TomShane's chest?

I need to know before jumping in, as it would not seem worthwhile if the tattoo is covered by a thick man-sweater. ;)

Good point. We have to make sure ALL loopholes are closed for Tom. Someone google image Matthew Modine, that will give us an idea of what kind of chesthair we can expect.

I realize that my obsessive disgust toward Mike Tannenbaum can be both monotonous and annoying (but, with merit.) To that end, I offer the FOLLOWING WAGER to my friends at JetNation:

If the Jets win the Super Bowl this season, I will get the words "I Heart Mike Tannenbaum" tattooed on my chest in a font no smaller than 3/4" lettering during the week following the Super Bowl.

BUT ONLY IF...

Twenty of you people promise to donate $20 per person to pediatrics AIDS research, the American Cancer Society or the Red Cross or St. Jude's Children's Hospital the day following the Super Bowl if the Jets don't win the Super Bowl.

So, the bet is Jets win, I get tattooed. The Jets don't win, 20 of you donate twenty bucks to a great cause.

Who's in?

Fixed.

Much appreciated Tom! It's a charity that's very important to me. I'll even do you one better since I so LOVE this bet-If you lose, upon completion of you getting your tattoo I will still make my $200 donation.

That's tremendous, my friend. I can't WAIT to lose this bet! :lol:

There's no way Tom has a hair on his chest. None.

Although I am often mistaken for an Abercrombie and Fitch model, there is, in fact, hair on my chest. For reference, it compares with Tom Selleck's chest hair circa his Magnum P.I. days. And, I might add, I lead a similar lifestyle to Mr. Magnum.

magnum.jpg

And we have reached our minimum of 20! (NOTE: There's no maximum!)

1) Klecko73isGod

2) Sperm Edwards

3) CTM

4) Green DNA

5) Slats

6) Kleckineau

7) Max

8) AVM

9) Larz

10) SMC

11) JetsFanInDenver

12) Jetsfan80

13) Mistalava

14) TheSage

15) NJ

16) Bitonti

17) Irish Jet

18) Boozer76

19) The Brooklyn Jet

20) LatinLawyer

AWESOME!!!!! It's ON!!!!

Thanks to everyone for stepping up! Like Klecko said, this is a bet where everybody wins! If I "lose" there will be many, many pictures of my suffering and, perhaps, audio of my weeping. I'm going to try and get Max to come with me to the tattoo parlor because I know he's squeamish and will puke and cry.

AWESOME!!!!! It's ON!!!!

Thanks to everyone for stepping up! Like Klecko said, this is a bet where everybody wins! If I "lose" there will be many, many pictures of my suffering and, perhaps, audio of my weeping. I'm going to try and get Max to come with me to the tattoo parlor because I know he's squeamish and will puke and cry.

Just look at the bright side. You'll have a nice conversation-starter if you ever run into Mike Tannenbaum at a Jets event. A conversation which, after 5 minutes, would inevitably result in you being thrown out by security and given a restraining order. Fun times for all involved.

A conversation which, after 5 minutes, would inevitably result in you being thrown out by security and given a restraining order. Fun times for all involved.

I'm pretty sure that's how any meeting between me and Tanny would go anyway, brother-man. Lol

Btw, do I really have to start a "Bench Sanchez?" poll thread? I'll get banned.

DUDES. I'm looking to up the ante. The tattoo bet is set in stone, but I am looking to wager something even more IF we get to 40 bettors. Any suggestions on what I should lay on the line in addition to the tattoo? Post your suggestions here, hot rods!

Also, Thanks to everyone who is participating so far. I don't think it's any coincidence that the Jets have looked like a Super Bowl contender since we laid this bet down. Lovin' you people.

1) Klecko73isGod

2) Sperm Edwards

3) CTM

4) Green DNA

5) Slats

6) Kleckineau

7) Max

8) AVM

9) Larz

10) SMC

11) JetsFanInDenver

12) Jetsfan80

13) Mistalava

14) TheSage

15) NJ

16) Bitonti

17) Irish Jet

18) Boozer76

19) The Brooklyn Jet

20) LatinLawyer

21) Jetlag

22) JiF

23) BergenJet

DUDES. I'm looking to up the ante. The tattoo bet is set in stone, but I am looking to wager something even more IF we get to 40 bettors. Any suggestions on what I should lay on the line in addition to the tattoo? Post your suggestions here, hot rods!

How about a consolation tat, if we do as good or better than last year, but don't actually win it all.

Show some balls here, remember your were supposedly born in Brooklyn!

Define "good or better than last year."

As good or better than last year, so lets say record wise, 9-7 or better, and playoff wise AFCCG or better.

Now since this would be a consolation tat, I say you go with initials and you can put it in a more discrete place of your choice.

So it would be I <3 Mr. T, and you could hide it, instead of displaying it proudly on your chest.

Deal?

As good or better than last year, so lets say record wise, 9-7 or better, and playoff wise AFCCG or better.

Now since this would be a consolation tat, I say you go with initials and you can put it in a more discrete place of your choice.

So it would be I <3 Mr. T, and you could hide it, instead of displaying it proudly on your chest.

Deal?

Well?

Archived