If you had $25,000 to invest....

villain_the_foe

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Oxoboxo

Pharmecuticals. Pwnd.

Nope.

You're about the 4 billionth person to think of that standard "aging baby boomers" reply. Leading pharma players are too big and can't grow, and government is already too involved and going to get more involved.

Invest in luxury goods companies. The distance between the haves and the have-nots is going to continue to expand. The haves are going to keep buying luxury goods, regardless of the economic conditions. The have-nots are going to starve.

Sad comment on society? Maybe.

But if you want to make money, buy the stocks who make or distribute the products that very rich people buy.

Lol is right. The guy just said he'd consider Ford because they weren't bailed out.

Green also spoke about being skeptical about that multi-billion dollar handoff they got from the govt as well. He said that "he wasnt quite sure on it because it was his FIRST TIME hearing about it". Maybe,...just maybe if he would have heard about it before his consideration it would have shed a different light on the matter.

I don't think Ford was in anywhere near as bad of shape as GM and Chrysler were, if they were they would have taken the substantially larger bailout. As for what Ford did with the nearly 7 Billion they got, I don't know, this is the first I've heard of any of it.

LOL. Im going to ignore you from here on out. This conversation is so far away from what I want to talk about. I dont need to argue about the obvious. And with that I'll leave you with another quote from Green.

you know you've lost when you resort to posts like that.

Green also spoke about being skeptical about that multi-billion dollar handoff they got from the govt as well. He said that "he wasnt quite sure on it because it was his FIRST TIME hearing about it". Maybe,...just maybe if he would have heard about it before his consideration it would have shed a different light on the matter.

LOL. Im going to ignore you from here on out. This conversation is so far away from what I want to talk about. I dont need to argue about the obvious. And with that I'll leave you with another quote from Green.

He never heard of this alleged "multi-billion dollar handoff" because you made it up. He had heard of the loan for alternative fuel vehicles. The same one Nissan got $1.6+ billion from. You still haven't explained why the USG would loan that money to Nissan. You seem so sure that you know why Ford got the loan. Did they loan Nissan all that cash as part of the great coverup?

Funny thing about almost all the doomsday prognaticators Ive known over the years is thay almost always share one common trait and that is the overwhelming majority of them are about a dozen paychecks away from being broke.

Gold? Typical fear play for the market spooks. See where its at 2 years from now.

Smart money commited to the market when the Dow was <6500 and way oversold.

Time to buy is when most are selling. Still is and always has been true.

Let the politicos tell you how bad off you are, go ahead, see where that gets you.

People losing the home with 110% LTV mortgage and 2 leased cars when wifey gets laid off bear no respnsibility for there own demise?

Anyone here buy Ford at < $2? WHY THE **** NOT? they didnt need to suck the govs tit did they? AND they will eventually kick the UAWs a$$ also.

Real estate? Its tough to beat investments with intrisic value. Perfect to start with and also a reasonable flight to safety.

People losing the home with 110% LTV mortgage and 2 leased cars when wifey gets laid off bear no responsibility for there own demise?

I think the people who have an LTV mortgage were already up the creek without a paddle because they had an ARM.

As far as "responsibility", it was easy to pin all the blame on the speculators and house flippers two years ago, but today alot of people who's home's have been foreclosed it's because they lost their job. And then you have another group of people who are just walking away from and underwater mortgage, and it's not their fault that the value of their home depreciated 40% in two years.

Funny thing about almost all the doomsday prognaticators Ive known over the years is thay almost always share one common trait and that is the overwhelming majority of them are about a dozen paychecks away from being broke.

Two dozen? Try one or two. :D

Gold? Typical fear play for the market spooks. See where its at 2 years from now.

Gold was never supposed to be a speculative investment, it was always a good, safe place to store a small percentage of a diversified portfolio. I think there is potential for a bubble burst there. But I've been saying that for a year now, and look how wrong I've been.

Smart money commited to the market when the Dow was <6500 and way oversold.

Time to buy is when most are selling. Still is and always has been true.

How many investors had no money in stocks before that crash, and then entered after the crash? I would say that is a very small group of people.

Real estate? Its tough to beat investments with intrisic value. Perfect to start with and also a reasonable flight to safety.

Because property values have stabilized?

Anyone here buy Ford at < $2? WHY THE **** NOT? they didnt need to suck the govs tit did they? AND they will eventually kick the UAWs a$$ also.

I'll leave that for Villian and Dom.

LOL

Actually, this is pretty tame compared to what I could have videotaped during my 5 years as a "there's no I in team" Teamster.

You were a teamster? Pretty sweet. Did you know a poster that goes by the name Jet Moses? He used to post in these parts a lot.

Russia has previously stated its wishes to recoup not only it former Soviet Republics, but former Warsaw Pact States like Poland, Germany, Hungry, just to name a few. We may look at them as corrupt, but the people like Putin, they would do what he wants. And China isn't poising their babies, their poising ours. and now would be good time for them to make a move because the wuss wouldn't do a damn thing about it.

Greenranger -- we don't allow politics here. Now I am not saying you started the political talk in this thread, you didn't. But when you blast the President like you did, others who support him get mad and things get out of control.

We want none of that. This is a New York Jets site.

Right or left, we don't care. Anything that divides Jets fans is bad here.

Archived