**** Official New York Jets vs Minnesota Vikings Game Thread ****

war ensemble

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so pumped about this game I cant work at all.

Not to mention I've been singing Morris Day at work ever since DLJ posted that picture of her new jersey.

Dude, I am actually concerned that I'm going to hear it tomorrow from my boss on how little I've been able to work today. I'm mentally checked out ! It's J E T S all day for me!!!!!

:angry:

That's exactly what I think. He is going to target Moss deep 5 times at a minimum. I think with his wrinkled arm we pick off 3 and the others fall short.

We're gonna drink Favre's BLOOD tonight!

I just read on another thread here that he said he promised the team he would play lights out today too, that just makes me feel even more confident he's gonna throw a minimum of 3 picks! He's gonna be trying to get Moss invovled plus make up for distracting the team this week...Revis and Cro better keep their heads on a swivel tonight and be ready for alot of passes to fall short.

The threat of Shiancoe doesnt bother me that much because I feel like Favre has never been about the underneath routes for TE's.

My problem is not working today but it will be tomorrow 4:30 am comes quick and if the game goes down to the wire I will not get any sleep tonight.

But I will stay off the booze tonight

same here...i get up at 4am....i'll be hurting tomorrow...

I just read on another thread here that he said he promised the team he would play lights out today too, that just makes me feel even more confident he's gonna throw a minimum of 3 picks! He's gonna be trying to get Moss invovled plus make up for distracting the team this week...Revis and Cro better keep their heads on a swivel tonight and be ready for alot of passes to fall short.

The threat of Shiancoe doesnt bother me that much because I feel like Favre has never been about the underneath routes for TE's.

'

Yeah I just saw you in that thread. lol

I agree man. I like that Favre feels like he has to prove something tonight. Let him try. We are a better team and should be able to handle a 41 year old man trying to force the world not to think about his shlong.... Or should I say Shlort? :D

'

Yeah I just saw you in that thread. lol

I agree man. I like that Favre feels like he has to prove something tonight. Let him try. We are a better team and should be able to handle a 41 year old man trying to force the world not to think about his shlong.... Or should I say Shlort? :D

hahahaha

He already got ****ed up and picked off 3 times (I think? forget the exact number) by Miami and their defense cant hold a candle to ours at full strength. And I feel like he has more of a reason to force tonight then he did against them.

I got a terrible feeling. Desperate team coming off a bye week, Moss wanting to shut Revis up, Favre wanting to put himself up in the spotlight with a positive performance to add to his legend. Ugh.

Our schedule is tough this year. It's going to be like that a lot. For me, the important matchup is our O vs their D. I don't think our offense is going to carry us the way it has the past few weeks. Defense is going to have to play well. Also, we need to maintain our turnover margin. Gonna be a tough one.

I got a terrible feeling. Desperate team coming off a bye week, Moss wanting to shut Revis up, Favre wanting to put himself up in the spotlight with a positive performance to add to his legend. Ugh.

Revis wants to show everyone that he got paid for a reason.

Sanchez wants to show everyone that he really can QB too.

D wants to show that it's the best in the league and build it's legacy.

It's by far the best game on the NFL schedule so far...except for the Steelers/Ravens one that happened already.

Our schedule is tough this year. It's going to be like that a lot. For me, the important matchup is our O vs their D. I don't think our offense is going to carry us the way it has the past few weeks. Defense is going to have to play well. Also, we need to maintain our turnover margin. Gonna be a tough one.

Couldn't agree more. Honestly I have an ugly feeling that Sanchez sh*ts the bed cause they have a good run-stopping D, forcing Sanchez to get the ball downfield and the Williams + Allen can pin their ears back and rush, rush ,rush.

I can only hope I'm wrong on Sanchez. He's been ok during this stretch but also very lucky as he's had some sure picks dropped. I'm hoping Shotty is going to work on something to get Santonio the ball cause I'm positive the Vikings have been studying up on Keller which has been a safety valve for Sanchez.

If they weren't coming off a bye-week, I'd feel better.

Ryan Longwell says Brett Favre cried as he apologized to teammates

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 11, 2010 6:26 PM ET

Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell, a longtime friend and teammate of Brett Favre's, says that Favre cried as he told teammates he was sorry for the distraction caused by allegations that he sexually harassed former Jets employee Jenn Sterger.

ESPN's Michelle Tafoya said on SportsCenter that she talked to Longwell about the meeting.

"Brett Favre actually broke down in tears and was very emotional, saying, 'I'm sorry to have been a distraction,'" Tafoya said she was told by Longwell.

Although Tafoya said that Longwell wouldn't give her all the details of the meeting, Longwell said that Favre appealed to his teammates to stick with him.

"I need you guys to carry me tonight," Favre told the Vikings, as related by Longwell to Tafoya. "I'm ready to go out there and give it my best, but I don't know what's going to happen."

Longwell, who played with Favre in Green Bay from 1997 to 2005, told Tafoya that the tearful team meeting was reminiscent of Favre addressing his Packers teammates in December of 2003 after the death of Favre's father.

Meanwhile, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Sterger hasn't decided whether she will cooperate with the NFL's investigation into the matter, which Mortensen interprets as very good news for Favre.

"If she doesn't cooperate," Mortensen reported, "it's very unlikely that Favre would be disciplined."

Archived