After the bye...

SenorGato

Denver doesn't scare me at all, passing stats be damned.

After the bye this is what the schedule looks like:

Green Bay - Overrated, but a good football team and anyone with a QB is always going to be a threat.

Detroit - Maybe not too worrisome, but this is a better football team than they've been in a long, long time. Schwartz and friends know what they're doing, and this might be the most creative coaching we'll see all year from an opponent.

Cleveland - Think Mangini will want this one? Maybe...He did gift wrap us Sanchez...Maybe he'll gift wrap the game. His crappy teams have always played hard down the stretch...funnily enough it was his good one that tanked. I just said the Lions might get creative...Mangini is most definitely going to pull out a couple tricks.

Houston - They've never beaten us, but now they're actually pretty good. For some reason I've viewed this game as our most important non-division game of the year since I saw they were on the schedule. Moreso than the Lions or Browns, we have to crush the dreams of those mid-level teams we're battling against to take the leap to the top.

Cinci - Another team that will be out for some kind of revenge. If Palmer starts rebounding this one should be fun. If he doesn't, then I'm not so worried. Like the Texans and us, they're a mid-level team looking to make that leap.

Obviously the two division games will be tough.

Beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh is just...inprobable. That said, a loss here might have the same effect the loss against Baltimore had for our early season run.

Yes, I'm calling us mid-level. We're top teir through the first 5 games this year, but that isn't enough to garner actually being consistently called a top tier team.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every year i have a bad feeling about a game.

This year that game is Detroit!

Take it for what its worth.

Sans the Vikings game, Detroit has been in all four of their loses. They should've beaten the Bears, and lost to the Eagles and packers by 3 and 2 points respectively. And thats with out Stafford since half way through the first game. With him, this team could be 4-1 instead of 1-4.

Sans the Vikings game, Detroit has been in all four of their loses. They should've beaten the Bears, and lost to the Eagles and packers by 3 and 2 points respectively. And thats with out Stafford since half way through the first game. With him, this team could be 4-1 instead of 1-4.

1. No.

2. That is not a fun game to play. A couple of breaks in a different direction and Mangini + Favre could still be here.

1. No.

2. That is not a fun game to play. A couple of breaks in a different direction and Mangini + Favre could still be here.

You don't think they could have either driven for an extra field goal or scored a touchdown instead of a field goal in the Eagle or Packers game if they had Stafford instead of Shaun Hill at QB? Don't look past the Lions.

no breaks for the jets

opponents !!!!

as westhoff would say

F them

wonder what these other teams think when they see the Jets on the schedule?

"the OL and Defense are gonna cock punch us."

"they have LT running like days of old and Jason taylor as a sub."

"Rex ryan is blitzing if they are up by 2 or down by 30. "

the Jets are not an easy out for any team. when the Jets come to town someone's getting hit.

the Steelers and Patriots on the road will be 2 toughest games left, JMO.

the Jets are not an easy out for any team. when the Jets come to town someone's getting hit.

Patriots ?

We are going to win that one easy!

JETS 38

Patriots 3

Plus the game against the Bears was lost b/c of the refs.

I am sure we will have our hands full for that game!

agree on every point !

:cheers:

Yeah cause we have such a great history against them. let's sweep them this year then discount them next year. Pats scare me as much as Pittsburgh. Both teams have cleaned out clocks the last 5 years.

Unfortunately (for the Pats) this seasons games are not going to be played in history!

We got swept away by Dolphags last season. Based on history we should have lost to them in their crib.

Its going to be humiliating defeat for the Patsies.

march-to-keep-fear-alive.png

Every game is scary.

Unfortunately (for the Pats) this seasons games are not going to be played in history!

We got swept away by Dolphags last season. Based on history we should have lost to them in their crib.

Dude last year was a fluke if you look at the last ten years we have owned the ******* phish. Look at the Pats and they have OWNED us and the division for as long as I care to remember. That being said I hope your right, I really do.

Dude, it's a December game in our best rival's house...Stop getting soupties.

Dude last year was a fluke if you look at the last ten years we have owned the ******* phish. Look at the Pats and they have OWNED us and the division for as long as I care to remember. That being said I hope your right, I really do.

But this year we have teh woof!

As i said i do not care for the past. All tides change. And this year the JETS will dominate!

Dude, it's a December game in our best rival's house...Stop getting soupties.

Ahh...the SOJ stuff rises again.

I'm not taking any games for granted. 4-1 means absolutely nothing. Its all about how you finish. You need to get hot at the end of the season. There is plenty of ways the Jets can improve. Supposedly they arent even 100%.

Cant start looking ahead. Denver is never an easy place to play.

I'm not taking any games for granted. 4-1 means absolutely nothing. Its all about how you finish. You need to get hot at the end of the season. There is plenty of ways the Jets can improve. Supposedly they arent even 100%.

Cant start looking ahead. Denver is never an easy place to play.

Got to agree with JiF here. Nothing is given. I’m scared going into every game. Been a Jets fan a long time.

With that said, as I look down the schedule the only game I’m worried about. As far as match ups go, is Pittsburgh.

This is a really good football team

You don't think they could have either driven for an extra field goal or scored a touchdown instead of a field goal in the Eagle or Packers game if they had Stafford instead of Shaun Hill at QB? Don't look past the Lions.

Have you seen Hill's stats? He's been great for the Lions. No, I doubt Stafford would have been better. Their problems are on D.

Yes, I'm calling us mid-level.

Sigh...

So if we are mid level then who is elite? Please bud!

I think we've gotten through our roughest part.

Green Bay lost Jermmicheal Finley for the year and their OL is not stable at all. Without Finley and a very beat up OL they are very weary football team. Both squeaker wins over the Bills and Lions. NOT GOOD. Green Bay is talented but this year their not clicking

I don't give a sh*t. The Jets have won in a variety of different ways. With both offense leading the way and defense. They have won games through the air and on the ground. We have won games with our defense. Pitt, Jets and Baltimore are the best teams in the entire league right now. They have been the most consistent. The Jets have played 3 out 4 games against top tier teams. Were 4-1 and very well could be undefeated.

Jets fans needs to wake up and stop being afraid to admit their team is very good, elite and a top of the pack. They need not to be afraid of falling. Saying were "mid-level" is p*ssy-a*s statement

This team is beasting with a sophomore Q.B. Were stacked all throughout this team on both sides.

It's time MAN UP!

Say it with me.

This is for gato and anyone else afraid!

CHEERS!

You think those teams are tough, but the Ravens, Pats and Vikings were an easy stretch? Those are 3 SB contenders, or were supposed to be.

You gotta take every team seriously and you gotta be hungry. So I agree with that thinking of considering your team mid level and not having proven anything, because you're right, 4-1 you really haven't.

But the Jets are indeed a top team right now, and easily one of the top 3 in the league. Luck will play a factor, but in terms of skill the Jets have more than enough weapons to be a contender, that won't be an excuse.

14 and 2. Week 17 the starters are going to need some rest.

**** that right in the a$$.

History shows you play. Resting players before a bye week is asking for a sh*t load of trouble, the sort of trouble Peyton Manning has landed in the over the last decade. Rest some guys who need resting, the rest play and keep their reps up. Sanchez included.

Sigh...

So if we are mid level then who is elite? Please bud!

Though I'm cautiously optimistic that we are better than mid level, I think the question of who is elite can not be determined. There isnt really one team that looks head and shoulders above another. Isnt this the earliest in a season in recent history for an undefeated to be beat?

I think there are teams that are currently the cream of the crop, but the distinction is so hard right now you can call anyone elite. Maybe further into the season but either every team has a sad loss or has eeked out victories they should have dominated.

Yes, I'm calling us mid-level. We're top teir through the first 5 games this year, but that isn't enough to garner actually being consistently called a top tier team.

Great post.

This board will go in a complete meltdown mode when the Jets go through their annual "4 out of 5" losing streak.

But, congrats on your September Super Bowl title. :blink:

Hey Crush, we've won two of three since Rex and Mex have been here and three of the last four vs. the Pats going back to '08. The tide has shifted my friend.

Great post.

This board will go in a complete meltdown mode when the Jets go through their annual "4 out of 5" losing streak.

But, congrats on your September Super Bowl title. :blink:

I sure you say that every night right after bless mommy and bless daddy in your prayers. Truth is past jet teams mean nothing when looking at this team and you know it. last year is the only relevant year. This is The Rex Ryan Ny jets, a new era, a new mentaliy of attacking the ball and bringing the game to your opponent and not sitting back and reacting.

Does this mean we will win anything. Hell No. im waiting for reality to kick in at any time because Im like a dog kicked one too many times. But, if you want to talk about our annual 4-5 game losing streak then you have to throw in are annual resurgence during play off time. Our history started last year, stop trolling and try being a little consistent.

Hey Crush, we've won two of three since Rex and Mex have been here and three of the last four vs. the Pats going back to '08. The tide has shifted my friend.

I sorta just said that. But can we please just take the division ONE ******* year before we tattoo champs on our ball sakcs and run around in cellophane underwear?

The tide has shifted?

Try winning the AFCE title brfore you make a ridiculous comment like that.

It's been 11 friggn' years since the Jets have won an outright AFCE title.

Here's the Pats view of the Jets:

2010_acura_mdx_rear-view_mirror_cd_gallery.jpg

Archived