The Walking Dead

SenorGato

3 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I'll be honest and I was annoyed that the open of the show just made you wait and wait and wait. I think everyone was expecting something right from the very beginning; I found myself being very distracted since I had already seen the opening scene from the teaser that was released early. 

But the episode really took off after Abraham got it, Glenn's death scene was given justice and was done nearly identical to the comics. And Andrew Lincoln was tremendous in that scene with Carl...man that was some next-level sh*t right there. Rick has been broken.

JDM is just owning as Negan. 

I love that guy.  I loved him as the Comedian in The Watchmen.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great first episode IMO.  I actually figured they'd drag out the "who gets it" sh*t, so that didnt bother me at all and I thought it was done really well.  My guess was Glenn or Abraham...but I really didnt see both.  Loved the cheesy, "suck my balls" comment from Abraham.  True to his character right to the very last breath.  Even though I picked Glenn, it's kind of cheep that they essentially had him die twice but after all the Maggie sh*t last season, it just seemed a given.

I love Negan.  Great character, terrific actor.  The Carl scene was as intense as it gets.  My heart was pounding like a mofo.

How does Daryl feel right now knowing he's the reason that Glenn got his brains smashed in right in front of his pregnant wife?  I wonder how that plays out or what becomes of Daryl.

Jesus wasnt lying, the world they know just got a sh*t ton bigger and I cant wait to see how it all transpires. 

Carol to the rescue again.  I'm calling it.  She's bringing in that new squad and epic show down of monstrous proportions is going down. 

35 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

I loved TWD, but man AMC has got to be the worst with the friggin commercials man, its brutal, Next time I'll DVR and start watching at 930pm instead. 

I watched Westworld first and and recorded TWD just for that reason.  Flew through the episode uninterrupted. 

12 hours ago, HessStation said:

I can grin and bear it as it's obv setting the stage. In that regard, job well done I suppose. 

I'm kind of curious as to what else you were expecting?  You knew this wasnt going to be one of those scenarios that Rick and Co. could weasel their way out of.  It was all about who got Lucile'd and what would transpire from there ie; how would Negan leave the crew and what it means moving forward.  So yeah, they had to do all that mellow dramatic reflecting type sh*t IMO.  No need to try and push the story at this stage. Just get the closure everyone needs, set up the stage for the season and go from there.

I just dont think there was too much else to do and between Lucile, "get me my hatchet" and cut of Carl's arm - it was pretty action packed from my perspective. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Great first episode IMO.  I actually figured they'd drag out the "who gets it" sh*t, so that didnt bother me at all and I thought it was done really well.  My guess was Glenn or Abraham...but I really didnt see both.  Loved the cheesy, "suck my balls" comment from Abraham.  True to his character right to the very last breath.  Even though I picked Glenn, it's kind of cheep that they essentially had him die twice but after all the Maggie sh*t last season, it just seemed a given.

I love Negan.  Great character, terrific actor.  The Carl scene was as intense as it gets.  My heart was pounding like a mofo.

How does Daryl feel right now knowing he's the reason that Glenn got his brains smashed in right in front of his pregnant wife?  I wonder how that plays out or what becomes of Daryl.

Jesus wasnt lying, the world they know just got a sh*t ton bigger and I cant wait to see how it all transpires. 

Carol to the rescue again.  I'm calling it.  She's bringing in that new squad and epic show down of monstrous proportions is going down. 

Carol has probably been the glue that's kept the show together for me. That whole time they were in Alexandia (i think it is). She's the ******* bomb. For me the show goes with Carol. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Carol might be on the sidelines for quite a bit.

Poor Mags, this will make her one tough SOB in the future. 

Next week we get to meet the people at The Kingdom - which is the other settlement that Negan is also extorting.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Carol has probably been the glue that's kept the show together for me. That whole time they were in Alexandia (i think it is). She's the ******* bomb. For me the show goes with Carol. 

Carl is the sh*t.  I love her.  I want her.  She does it for me in ways I cant explain.

14 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

Carol might be on the sidelines for quite a bit.

Poor Mags, this will make her one tough SOB in the future. 

Next week we get to meet the people at The Kingdom - which is the other settlement that Negan is also extorting.

That's fine...but her and Morgan will bring that other crew and all hell will break loose.

Yeah, like I said when I predicted Glenn would get lucile.  I see Mags becoming the gnarliest of the crew.

I didnt know he was extorting from "The Kingdom"...but I assume this is where Morgan and Carol ended up?  That's makes my prediction even more solid.  There is going to be an overthrow of sorts led by Carol and Morgan and "The Kingdom" vs. Negan's crew.  Or at least that's my guess.

EDIT: I just realized that Maggie has literally seen everyone she loves die in the most gnarliest fashion. 

Dad - head chopped off by Governor

Sister - stabbed the second they find her by crazy bitch

Glenn - Lucile'd

Oh she's about to get nasty!!!!!

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm kind of curious as to what else you were expecting?  You knew this wasnt going to be one of those scenarios that Rick and Co. could weasel their way out of.  It was all about who got Lucile'd and what would transpire from there ie; how would Negan leave the crew and what it means moving forward.  So yeah, they had to do all that mellow dramatic reflecting type sh*t IMO.  No need to try and push the story at this stage. Just get the closure everyone needs, set up the stage for the season and go from there.

I just dont think there was too much else to do and between Lucile, "get me my hatchet" and cut of Carl's arm - it was pretty action packed from my perspective. 

Eh, I dunno. I don't expect anything except to be entertained? I don't have a wishlist pre every episode. I'm just saying it has it's peaks and valley's. I almost stopped watching after S1 because EVERY ******* TIME SOMEONE DIED....the ultra melo drama that goes on and on. Then it got cool, about survival and they got harder over time. Last night was like full circle or something I dunno. It wasn't a "bad" or "awful" episode, it was just sorta boring to me. Like, ok I knew it would go something like this but what happens next already.  

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Eh, I dunno. I don't expect anything except to be entertained? I don't have a wishlist pre every episode. I'm just saying it has it's peaks and valley's. I almost stopped watching after S1 because EVERY ******* TIME SOMEONE DIED....the ultra melo drama that goes on and on. Then it got cool, about survival and they got harder over time. Last night was like full circle or something I dunno. It wasn't a "bad" or "awful" episode, it was just sorta boring to me. Like, ok I knew it would go something like this but what happens next already.  

Oh, I hated this show at first.  Go look at my original post in this thread.  Too much talking and feelings and all that sh*t...but like you said, it became less about the Walkers and more about surviving other human terror which made it cool.  

Then there was the season after the prison when they all got broken up.  Just terrible TV.  That said, since then it's been non-stop action.  

I just dont know how you expected to see "what happens next already" without knowing who dies, putting that meeting to rest and how Negan set up his relationship with the crew moving forward.  

I'm confident the rest of the season will be about "what's next". 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Same here.

I know the comic killing of Glenn was brutal.  I would give props to Gimple/Nicotero for Abraham and Glenn's deaths.  I cannot off the top of my head remember a more brutal TV death.  When Negan bashed Glenn and the blood gushed up about 3-4 feet in the air.  The remnants of Abrham's head.  Savage.

I am looking forward to the next 2-3 years (my SWAG) of the Negan Chronicles.   

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I loved TWD, but man AMC has got to be the worst with the friggin commercials man, its brutal, Next time I'll DVR and start watching at 930pm instead. 

I do this every single time.

I have kind of a philosophical problem with the Negan character.  We're in a world of complete lawlessness as well as zombies.  I don't see how a guy like Negan could ever survive.  Rick survives because despite his decreasing humanity over the seasons, he is good to his people, and generally attempts to act in their best interest.  Negan seems a danger to all, and it's somewhat abusrd to think that no one would have killed him by now.  You can certainly understand how people would follow him, but somewhere along the line, for a guy like that, date and time.  Just like Omar.

44 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I have kind of a philosophical problem with the Negan character.  We're in a world of complete lawlessness as well as zombies.  I don't see how a guy like Negan could ever survive.  Rick survives because despite his decreasing humanity over the seasons, he is good to his people, and generally attempts to act in their best interest.  Negan seems a danger to all, and it's somewhat abusrd to think that no one would have killed him by now.  You can certainly understand how people would follow him, but somewhere along the line, for a guy like that, date and time.  Just like Omar.

Somewhere in my head was thinking the same thing. Through last season's episode's, it was set up to be like a cult, "we are all Negan" or whatever they would blabber on about. If you didn't follow the storyline through the comics, like myself, you would think of Negan as less straight forward cold blooded badass and more of a fake religious, conviving Jim Jones-type. 

Who knows how they play it out , it would be a nice twist if Morgan and Carol were a big part of taking down Negan eventually , when they are both on their game they are clearly the two people that have he mental and emotional capability of outsmarting Negan...that's not Ricks strongest assett . 

18 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Same here.

I know the comic killing of Glenn was brutal.  I would give props to Gimple/Nicotero for Abraham and Glenn's deaths.  I cannot off the top of my head remember a more brutal TV death.  When Negan bashed Glenn and the blood gushed up about 3-4 feet in the air.  The remnants of Abrham's head.  Savage.

I am looking forward to the next 2-3 years (my SWAG) of the Negan Chronicles.   

That was HBO level sh*t.  It was gnarly.  Couldnt believe they showed it to the extend that they did.  Insane! 

18 hours ago, gEYno said:

I thought the same thing.  How has not one person just killed the guy?   Even if it means they risk their "crew"...you have to think even some would sacrifice their life and the life of their others just for the sake of not being his slave.

I'm wondering if he has a crazy back story where maybe he saved a group of people that are now super loyal to him or something like that...because otherwise, I'm with ya.  How does a guy like that survive in a world like this? 

On 10/23/2016 at 10:31 PM, HessStation said:

I thought it was boring. But I actually think that half of the time the show is boring and have thought this since S1. But I guess over time I've beocome invested enough in the characters to keep my interest going. I was excited to see who got it tonight. Am a little upset with the second kill. But I was still bored and rolling my eyes at the end. Jbh 

Half of every episode is boring, at least. It's different than Sons of Anarchy in that way. Sometimes they kill time building to a moment (this week) and allowing for 20 minutes of extra commercial spots. Other times, they are actually working on character development or plot devices that don't necessitate action.

SOA was just one stupid calamity after another. Ray Donovan uses the exact same format. The minute one drama is resolved, or at least stifled, the next one starts. Non-stop. 

Doesn't make one better than the other, its just two different models for the story framework of a show.

23 hours ago, Fishooked said:

They know what nights and episodes are going to pull the share of viewers, and they milk it for commercials for sure.

22 hours ago, JiF said:

Get me my axe part was stupid. You mean to tell me bashing two heads in didn't break Rick, so making  him play fetch was going to do it? Come on. That, and all the stupid strobey flashbacks were all time-wasters. The episode lacked substance completely. It was a shock and awe episode, which is fine, but I can't stand dipsh*ts like the Talking Dead guy trying to discuss it like it's Shakespeare. 

Glenn's bulgy eye was more akin to the campy Army of Darkness style, than it was anything realist.

I still enjoyed it.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Half of every episode is boring, at least. It's different than Sons of Anarchy in that way. Sometimes they kill time building to a moment (this week) and allowing for 20 minutes of extra commercial spots. Other times, they are actually working on character development or plot devices that don't necessitate action.

SOA was just one stupid calamity after another. Ray Donovan uses the exact same format. The minute one drama is resolved, or at least stifled, the next one starts. Non-stop. 

Doesn't make one better than the other, its just two different models for the story framework of a show.

You say this, but it isnt true and they're really no different.  The only different is, TWD will literally takes episodes off all together. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You say this, but it isnt true and they're really no different.  The only different is, TWD will literally takes episodes off all together. 

So, they're really no different, except that they're completely different for the reason you point out. Which is exactly what I"m talking about. Got it.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Get me my axe part was stupid. You mean to tell me bashing two heads in didn't break Rick, so making  him play fetch was going to do it? Come on. That, and all the stupid strobey flashbacks were all time-wasters. The episode lacked substance completely. It was a shock and awe episode, which is fine, but I can't stand dipsh*ts like the Talking Dead guy trying to discuss it like it's Shakespeare. 

Glenn's bulgy eye was more akin to the campy Army of Darkness style, than it was anything realist.

I still enjoyed it.

Rick is hard headed and I could see him not accepting what was going on.  

I enjoyed and thought it was done really well.

I dont watch the talking dead.  I have no interest in watching a talk show about a show.

To each their own.

18 hours ago, gEYno said:

Dictators survive like that now.

Negan empowers people below him.  Simon is his number 2/deputy which probably allows a level of authority in the saviors.  There is probably a third tier of saviors that have command and control over a small group.  It probably mirrors a military unit in many regards.  While every level might think about upper movement, they are glad to be at the level they are and not a level below.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

So, they're really no different, except that they're completely different for the reason you point out. Which is exactly what I"m talking about. Got it.

They're all different but they use the same framework and concepts.   It's still...problem occurs - up to Rick to figure it out - Rick figures it out with the help of some friends.  Rinse and repeat for as many seasons as you can.

Donovan and SOA are no different.  I think the subtle difference is those shows is that it would focus on the family for an episode here and there and not always be about them fighting their enemies...some would say, taking an episode off.  The difference for me is the internal drama within the families are much different and impact the overall show. Whereas, the internal drama of Rick's crew can be very pointless at times hence me saying TWD takes shows off.

It's like Mexican food.  It's all same ingredients just prepared different ways to give you different flavors. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I still enjoyed it.

I disagree on this point, but totally agree on the Talking Dead.  I though that dude was gong to cry.

After crushing two skulls, Rick said I am going to kill you.  In order maintain his absolute authority, he needed to break down Rick even more and show his people he will not tolerate defiance.  He "shut that sh*t down" with Glenn's killing.  The axe thing was a dick measuring contest and did not work.  Forcing him to cut his son's arm broke him down totally.

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

But oddly enough, I don't mind slow. I actually like a slow pace if done right, i.e. I love old movies. They're all predominantly much slower than newer movies. Vertigo is one of my favorites and that's slow. My two gripes would be, I guess, you can't extend a cliffhanger/climax for 60 straight minutes...an entire episode. I mean, you can, of course you can...but it's boring. Like...And enough with the 10 mins drama death scene. Besides that I'm cool. 

And don't get me wrong I like the show a lot. I'm heavily invested at this point regardless.

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont watch the talking dead.  I have no interest in watching a talk show about a show.

To each their own.

Don't watch Talking dead. I watched like 10 min Sunday night and almost threw up in my mouth it was so fuking pretentious. I immediately started not liking the show until I turned it. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

To each their own.

Fear the walking dead, Talking dead? Eventually they will have Stalking Dead, dude dressed up as a zombie walking up to people in NYC asking what they thought about the show. Eventually someone will panic and put an umbrella through his eye socket because that kills zombies in NYC. Then someone else with host the show. 

Archived