The Walking Dead

SenorGato

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I thought this was a product of necessity.  Wasn't he going off to school?

This is a big departure from the comics, too.  Carl and Neagan develop somewhat of an ongoing relationship.  My guess is, unlike the comics, Rick actually does kill Neagan.  I doubt the keep paying JDM to sit in a cell and talk to Rick, but who knows...

That would make sense, but I haven't really bothered to pay attention to any of that stuff going on.  At least that helps to lessen the chance of another miraculous survival.

I agree they'll eventually go that way with Rick/Negan, but they'll probably drag it on as long as possible.  They aren't particularly hesitant to throw out a lot of filler when they want things to last longer.  I doubt they bother to wrap it up by the end of this season.  If anything, more likely to try to play it up as another cliffhanger attempt.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic show. They have really fallen incredibly far. The new (if you can even call him new anymore) producer is Idzik level terrible. 

They pander to braindead fools and politics and have zero vision and zero creativity. This is just terrible. 

They also drag out.... nothing.... because they have no story and no imagination and seem to have lost whatever skill they used to have. Expect CORAL to be saved by the Doctor Eugene let escape. They will prob just cut the bite off... and then pretend like it's normal. Of course that will take the 8 remaining episodes in a shltty hodge podge mish mash of time jumping and bad editing with a few episodes of new era PC love-relationship struggles in the apocalyptic setting spread in between for filler... nonsense. 

8 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

Pathetic show. They have really fallen incredibly far. The new (if you can even call him new anymore) producer is Idzik level terrible. 

They pander to braindead fools and politics and have zero vision and zero creativity. This is just terrible. 

They also drag out.... nothing.... because they have no story and no imagination and seem to have lost whatever skill they used to have. Expect CORAL to be saved by the Doctor Eugene let escape. They will prob just cut the bite off... and then pretend like it's normal. Of course that will take the 8 remaining episodes in a shltty hodge podge mish mash of time jumping and bad editing with a few episodes of new era PC love-relationship struggles in the apocalyptic setting spread in between for filler... nonsense. 

We could have secondary characters barely involved in the main plot drive straight to their planned  destination or instead take a pointless detour into some unknown place which will lead to a confrontation with a whole other collection of people that are peripheral to the story; guess what happens? it's like the girl in the slasher movie walking further and further into the dark hallway. 

One minute, there are no bullets and barely any weapons. Next scene, it's the Battle of Hue complete with a helicopter gunship that nobody in the story talks about.

And in such desperate times people also choose difficult to maintain odd haircuts and funny accents. 

A group of people who are barely existing choose to live in a garbage dump despite the entire countryside of the rural south to chose form. 

The Mrs.still loves this show, so I have no choice but to watch it. But even she is getting a bit annoyed about how dragged out it all is. 

The Talking Killer...what crap. If you had a zombie apocalypse a guy like Negan or Rick would survive and move up not because of witty repartee but because he dispatches his enemies as soon as possible. 

And Eugene should feature subtitles.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, JiF said:

Did anyone actually watch the mid season premier on Sunday?  Holy hell was the Carl stuff bad.

Loved the Morgan going crazy stuff though...

They milked the Carl thing for all it was worth as if he was a beloved character rather than an annoying douchebag.  Maybe now they can move on to something a little more interesting.

11 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

They milked the Carl thing for all it was worth as if he was a beloved character rather than an annoying douchebag.  Maybe now they can move on to something a little more interesting.

Yeah, it was wayyy over the top.  I get it was emotional but for goodness sake...move on! 

The only benefit is hopefully Rick and Michone go nuts the rest of the way.

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Did anyone actually watch the mid season premier on Sunday?  Holy hell was the Carl stuff bad.

The Morgan stuff was phenomenal, him stalking Gavin like Michael Myers stalking a drunk teen was priceless, as for Carl , it's a shame but imo they had to kill off his character because Riggs is such an abysmal, awful actor that he couldn't carry the part the way it was written in the comics , Carl is basically supposed to be John Conner , a total badass ,leader ....They hired Riggs as a cute kid 9 years ago having no idea how successful the show would be and how he would evolve into such a bad actor that he ruined every scene he was in, it was never believable he could carry that role going forward , so in that aspect they did the right thing for the show . The espisode imo was meh ...7 episodes left of this storyline , no more character building BS..let's see the main players , Rick, Negan , Simon , Dwight , Daryl etc etc just  go balls out and see what happens ...I have a feeling the finale will disappoint hopefully I'm wrong . 

11 hours ago, Jolot said:

The Morgan stuff was phenomenal, him stalking Gavin like Michael Myers stalking a drunk teen was priceless, as for Carl , it's a shame but imo they had to kill off his character because Riggs is such an abysmal, awful actor that he couldn't carry the part the way it was written in the comics , Carl is basically supposed to be John Conner , a total badass ,leader ....They hired Riggs as a cute kid 9 years ago having no idea how successful the show would be and how he would evolve into such a bad actor that he ruined every scene he was in, it was never believable he could carry that role going forward , so in that aspect they did the right thing for the show . The espisode imo was meh ...7 episodes left of this storyline , no more character building BS..let's see the main players , Rick, Negan , Simon , Dwight , Daryl etc etc just  go balls out and see what happens ...I have a feeling the finale will disappoint hopefully I'm wrong . 

Didnt know that about Carl as I dont read the comics.  I agree he had to go. Terrible actor too.  They gambled with him and he just ended up sucking worse as he grew up. 

The Morgan stuff was great and the little kid making the killing was old school style twisted walking dead sh*t.  

I'm cautiously optimistic about the rest of this season. 

On 12/11/2017 at 10:27 AM, gEYno said:

I thought this was a product of necessity.  Wasn't he going off to school?

This is a big departure from the comics, too.  Carl and Neagan develop somewhat of an ongoing relationship.  My guess is, unlike the comics, Rick actually does kill Neagan.  I doubt the keep paying JDM to sit in a cell and talk to Rick, but who knows...

That's what I had read.  His contract was up, he didn't want to do it any more, and he wanted to go to school and have a life.

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Sitting on the DVR, but heard it was no good, so not in a rush.  Probably watch it tomorrow.

I didnt hate the episode.  Jadis watching her entire crew going walkers and then chopping them up to mince meat was awesome.

Was with the "Rick" "Michone" "Negan" style of writing though?  It was weird. It's not like they were just introduced.  lol  Seems like the writers are just trying anything now.

On 3/6/2018 at 12:15 PM, JiF said:

I didnt hate the episode.  Jadis watching her entire crew going walkers and then chopping them up to mince meat was awesome.

Was with the "Rick" "Michone" "Negan" style of writing though?  It was weird. It's not like they were just introduced.  lol  Seems like the writers are just trying anything now.

Yea the imitation Pulp Fiction intro stuff was weird and served no purpose , Simon is a phenomenal character and actor , steals every scene he is in , I realize they are using Simon to make Negan look more human and get the audience rooting for him ...but in actuality I am asking ....If the leadership of the saviors got together around the same time , how did Simon not wind up the leader ? How did he not take Negan out a long time ago ? He's clearly more well equipped in every way to make it this far no ? And as much of a loose cannon as he is his crew seems to follow him , and he genuially seems to look out for his guys , not Iron their face and steal and enslave their wives . 

• 2 weeks later...

Garbage Lady pops up out of nowhere. Basically you have Rick/Negan(how long are they going to string this out; when is Negan's backstory 2 episode arc coming?), Darryl and the Co-Darryl with the burned face, Eugene and...yeah, the rest of the cast is a waste of your time. Which they do every week. Add in a subplot with Bob's wife from "24"  who has access to a good shower and dry cleaned clothes, that goes nowhere, your hour is over (40 odd minutes with commercials). As an aside, why in hot and humid as hell Georgia are these people wearing leather jackets?  Did the Zombie Apocalypse drop the temperature?  Might have to pull rank on the Mrs. to watch "Billions"' next Sunday,a  show where stuff actually happens. 

21 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Garbage Lady pops up out of nowhere. Basically you have Rick/Negan(how long are they going to string this out; when is Negan's backstory 2 episode arc coming?), Darryl and the Co-Darryl with the burned face, Eugene and...yeah, the rest of the cast is a waste of your time. Which they do every week. Add in a subplot with Bob's wife from "24"  who has access to a good shower and dry cleaned clothes, that goes nowhere, your hour is over (40 odd minutes with commercials). As an aside, why in hot and humid as hell Georgia are these people wearing leather jackets?  Did the Zombie Apocalypse drop the temperature?  Might have to pull rank on the Mrs. to watch "Billions"' next Sunday,a  show where stuff actually happens. 

That woman reminded me of Mrs. Doubtfire.

Otherwise, I didn't hate the episode.  

On 3/26/2018 at 3:05 PM, IndianaJet said:

So....I'm betting Rick has Negan secretly held up as a prisoner somewhere outside of the Hilltop.

The people at the Hilltop have the worst aim ever.....

The preview for next week showed the lady who was the leader of the group had him. the group that everyone was killed by Negan's men.

This is one of those shows that definitely owes the entirety of its longevity to the DVR.  In the old days, people would no longer be bothered to actually take the time out of their day to watch this show, but given that it's just sitting there waiting for you whenever you have nothing better to do,  you keep watching it.  Plus it's not even like you need to opt to record the episodes, they're even there whether you really care, and eventually you'll concede.  The show is pretty awful at this point, but it takes a lot for the average person to actually bother to cancel the recording, and that's all the show needs.  I'm really hoping this show finally decides its time to wrap it up very soon and just get it over with, as this has been an ongoing downward trend for years now.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:43 PM, Jolot said:

Interesting on Carl, do you think that's where the kid Henry enters the picture, to take over that eventual John Conner badass leader role of Carl in the comics?

On 3/6/2018 at 12:15 PM, JiF said:

Yep for some reason I got caught up with all this mess. 

Like I said before. No vision, no ideas, just terrible "writing" and really bad gimmicks. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:35 PM, HessStation said:

Finally sludged through Ep 3 S8 and holy hell does this show suck. How in the living sh*t did I once think this crap was any good.

It is a very different show than it used to be. The yes man producer change absolutely destroyed everything that made it good. Dude is terrible and is in the wrong line of work IMO. He should be making commercials I wont watch 

On 3/22/2018 at 9:31 AM, Bugg said:

As an aside, why in hot and humid as hell Georgia are these people wearing leather jackets?  Did the Zombie Apocalypse drop the temperature? 

You make a great point I think about every time i see the damn show. I live in GA and no way in hell are you wearing half that sh*t down here. Its as if swamp ass died with the apocolypse. lol yeah right 

On 3/31/2018 at 11:49 AM, HessStation said:

Interesting on Carl, do you think that's where the kid Henry enters the picture, to take over that eventual John Conner badass leader role of Carl in the comics?

Probably not , I would say Judith but she's too young , looks like they'll go in a whole different direction. 

Pretty good episode but still taking way too long to get to the climax, my wife was pissed that Rick lied and murdered a bunch of people , the guys son just died I'd be doing the same ...who did Negan pick up in the car ? I say that blond savior girl that knows Dwight is a traitor, he's screwed . 

On 4/1/2018 at 10:42 PM, Jolot said:

Probably not , I would say Judith but she's too young , looks like they'll go in a whole different direction. 

Yeah I was a few episodes behind when I was thinking that. Turns out kid is a freak. Im so barely engaged with this show I reach for things to find any interest in

On 4/1/2018 at 10:45 PM, Jolot said:

Pretty good episode but still taking way too long to get to the climax, my wife was pissed that Rick lied and murdered a bunch of people , the guys son just died I'd be doing the same ...who did Negan pick up in the car ? I say that blond savior girl that knows Dwight is a traitor, he's screwed . 

I'm actually enjoying the season.  There has been just enough sinister sickness mixed with plot twists to keep my interest.

The massacre of the Garbage Pale kids was awesome.  Watching their leader send them through a grinder as Walkers was awesome. Morgan going crazy and the little kid killing that one dude was awesome.  Rick lying and him and Morgan killing all those dudes was awesome.  Killing off Carl was awesome.

And I like the cliff hanger stuff.  Who was in the car?  What's up with the Helicopter? Who's the nice lady?  etc. - idk, its giving it a little new life for me.

Wow , so they saved one of the worst , dumbest , most ridiculously bad episodes of the entire series for episode 15 of All Out War.....fanatic job guys . Keep up the stellar work . 

11 hours ago, Jolot said:

Wow , so they saved one of the worst , dumbest , most ridiculously bad episodes of the entire series for episode 15 of All Out War.....fanatic job guys . Keep up the stellar work . 

Really?  I've been really down on the show for a while, but these last few episodes have been better IMO.  Great, no.  But, good enough that watching isn't some burden that I continue to do because I've already invested and just want to see the outcome.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:37 AM, TeddEY said:

Really?  I've been really down on the show for a while, but these last few episodes have been better IMO.  Great, no.  But, good enough that watching isn't some burden that I continue to do because I've already invested and just want to see the outcome.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this season.  Maybe because they set the bar so low leading up to this season.  But color me intrigued about how they finish the season. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I've thoroughly enjoyed this season.  Maybe because they set the bar so low leading up to this season.  But color me intrigued about how they finish the season. 

No question I'm looking forward to the finale at this point.

Archived