The Walking Dead

SenorGato

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never trust a member of Congress.

Also TIL even after a zombie apocalypse they are still stupid. 

That is what I was thinking.

I think it goes back to what rick said to Carl in the church.  "Even when you think you are safe, you are not safe."

When he hit the shower man...that hat to hit the spot!  Pretty nice house.

Very strange that they would hand security over to Rick after one day. I think they have the exiled group planning a big attack and they know they need Rick and company to help. 

When he hit the shower man...that hat to hit the spot!  Pretty nice house.

Very strange that they would hand security over to Rick after one day. I think they have the exiled group planning a big attack and they know they need Rick and company to help. 

This is what I'm thinking too - I think they know they are weak, and are basically rolling the dice on Rick's crew becoming their mercenaries, no matter how they may think Rick's crew could burn them, because the alternative of folding to their exiled group is not an option.

I'm glad we're past the contemplative whiny episodes and back to more dynamic content. 

This is what I'm thinking too - I think they know they are weak, and are basically rolling the dice on Rick's crew becoming their mercenaries, no matter how they may think Rick's crew could burn them, because the alternative of folding to their exiled group is not an option.

I'm glad we're past the contemplative whiny episodes and back to more dynamic content. 

I was getting sick of seeing them in the woods. Seeing them in a nice house was kind of cool.

I was getting sick of seeing them in the woods. Seeing them in a nice house was kind of cool.

I liked how Rick's hand marked up the wall during his interview with Deanna, and how Daryl split the guts of the opposum all over the porch. 

Filth and blood. Very symbolic of what the outsiders will bring to this sheltered little community of neophytes.

Agreed that's why the gun was missing, an exile is spying on the camp. Though I wonder if there is some internal strife and she is looking to top grade. It seemed liked Aiden had history with part of his crew dying and the congress lady thanking Glenn for laying him out. Then there was the stylists husband and the creepy interaction with Rick. Maybe congress women doesn't have the control she thinks she does? Could make sense with the exiles and such.

Did they say specifically how Aaron found the crew? How they located them, how long they watched them etc? And I missed it somehow? it's almost like they knew them all before they arrived. That part is still unclear to me and could be a factor.

I liked how Rick's hand marked up the wall during his interview with Deanna, and how Daryl split the guts of the opposum all over the porch.

Filth and blood. Very symbolic of what the outsiders will bring to this sheltered little community of neophytes.

They've done some cool sh*t this season with scenes like that. I loved when they first let Aaron in the barn and Rick is standing there with a baby in one arm and a gun in the other looking like a badass. Then the scene where Sasha and Maggie have their guns pointed at Aaron with the music box going off and the sun rise in the background. Thought it was funny how Carrol gave up her guns and then delivered that interview.

They've done some cool sh*t this season with scenes like that. I loved when they first let Aaron in the barn and Rick is standing there with a baby in one arm and a gun in the other looking like a badass. Then the scene where Sasha and Maggie have their guns pointed at Aaron with the music box going off and the sun rise in the background. Thought it was funny how Carrol gave up her guns and then delivered that interview.

Very well done, she is going our of her way to make the new community think she isn't a threat and a willingness to fit in, when we all know better. 

I didn't even know it was her at first when she stepped out of the house wearing that blue sweater...it just seems so...foreign, including the scene when they first arrive in a home that isnt filthy and ransacked. 

Negan?

I have been reading on Walking Dead's Wikipedia for the comic and this would seem to be plausible.  Although a group does not seem like the Army Negan commands in the comic.

Agreed that's why the gun was missing, an exile is spying on the camp. Though I wonder if there is some internal strife and she is looking to top grade. It seemed liked Aiden had history with part of his crew dying and the congress lady thanking Glenn for laying him out. Then there was the stylists husband and the creepy interaction with Rick. Maybe congress women doesn't have the control she thinks she does? Could make sense with the exiles and such.

Did they say specifically how Aaron found the crew? How they located them, how long they watched them etc? And I missed it somehow? it's almost like they knew them all before they arrived. That part is still unclear to me and could be a factor.

Not sure I have answers, but I think we're looking at it the same way. Aaron was tasked to find muscle, muscle that Deanna could use as her own personal gestapo, in order to retain control over the waivering loyalty of her own camp and as protection from what's on the outside.

I would guess that the little girl that Carl followed is definitely loyal to the outside threat - perhaps informing in some way.

Yeah, there is an artful quality in some of the filming. So, while some of the writing has been on the weaker side, the creative consideration in the scenes is at an all-time high.

Not sure I have answers, but I think we're looking at it the same way. Aaron was tasked to find muscle, muscle that Deanna could use as her own personal gestapo, in order to retain control over the waivering loyalty of her own camp and as protection from what's on the outside.

I would guess that the little girl that Carl followed is definitely loyal to the outside threat - perhaps informing in some way.

That's a good point on the girl that Carl followed. There might be both an internal and external battle to be fought.

That's a good point on the girl that Carl followed. There might be both an internal and external battle to be fought.

Well, if we've learned anything watching this show, it is that any group of humans not in the community, is a threat. So it's a given that there is an outside element as threat, even if it isn't the exiled people, it'll be some group.

The interesting part of the dynamic comes from the unrest within their community, especially when you consider that Deanna, the girl who cut Rick's hair, and Aaron and his boyfriend are all accepting of Rick's crew, while Deanna's son, his buddy and the girl who cut Rick's hair's husband all seem against Rick's crew's presence... it must mean that only those that want the peen are for Rick's crew staying. Joking aside, it looks like Deanna is making moves to retain power position and influence. It'll be a nice twist if her primary adversary is her own son. 

Negan?

I have been reading on Walking Dead's Wikipedia for the comic and this would seem to be plausible.  Although a group does not seem like the Army Negan commands in the comic.

Ultimately it's headed in that direction. 

Interesting that she left shortly after the groups arrival, so she could be sending back word to another community - which may not be adversarial either.

In order for the Negan storyline to work (as presented in the comics), they are multiple communities that exist in which he terrorizes.

So nice to see something that you can actually have thoughts about.  Rather than walk in woods, almost starve, almost get eaten.  REPEAT.   I like this direction.  Pretty sure some meanies out there Rick and company will have to put the beat down on. Eventually this community will belong to Rick.  I like it.

So nice to see something that you can actually have thoughts about. Rather than walk in woods, almost starve, almost get eaten. REPEAT. I like this direction. Pretty sure some meanies out there Rick and company will have to put the beat down on. Eventually this community will belong to Rick. I like it.

Yep! Only took 3 seasons to get here. Haha

Rick's final comment on the last episode was awesome! If they don't adapt, we will just take this place over...something along those lines. Love that dude. Such a badass.

Yep! Only took 3 seasons to get here. Haha

Rick's final comment on the last episode was awesome! If they don't adapt, we will just take this place over...something along those lines. Love that dude. Such a badass.

His machismo drives the show.  I was so happy to see Shane when I watched Fury yesterday. 

How ******* badass was that movie?

And Shane's career has take off. He's been in a couple of good flicks.

I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it.  First thing I watched on new surround system.  I actually ducked a couple time the rockets from the tanks flew by.  Pretty damn bad ass. 

I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. First thing I watched on new surround system. I actually ducked a couple time the rockets from the tanks flew by. Pretty damn bad ass.

Not to derail the thread but that was one of my favorite flicks on a long time. Pitt is the man.

Shane was my favorite character, and he was right: Rick was too soft to lead. What gets lost in the show is that Shane and the Governor were correct in their philosophies--that the crew had to get more cutthroat to survive. I think this is what Rick has ultimately learned, and what will play out in coming episodes. I wonder if the writers will let Rick acknowledge any of that.

Shane was my favorite character, and he was right: Rick was too soft to lead. What gets lost in the show is that Shane and the Governor were correct in their philosophies--that the crew had to get more cutthroat to survive. I think this is what Rick has ultimately learned, and what will play out in coming episodes. I wonder if the writers will let Rick acknowledge any of that.

I think he has and they have...between trying to become a farmer and keep Carl away from killing walkers...it all back fired.

Now he's telling the crew they won't get soft and making swift decisions. Like when he ran over that cop from the Hospital and the lack of trust with Aaron.

I think he knows he was too soft.

I think he has and they have...between trying to become a farmer and keep Carl away from killing walkers...it all back fired.

Now he's telling the crew they won't get soft and making swift decisions. Like when he ran over that cop from the Hospital and the lack of trust with Aaron.

I think he knows he was too soft.

Yeah, but if he'll ever verbalize that Shane was right. That'd be a cool moment.

Yeah, but if he'll ever verbalize that Shane was right. That'd be a cool moment.

I thought he did say that?  Didn't he acknowledge that Shane saw this new world for what it was...survival of the fittest.

Something occurred to me today. If the congresswoman was handing out jobs, how the hell does she conclude that Glenn, the dumb chick, and the kid with the limp should be the ones to stick on the scavenger crew? Obviously, you'd pick the bigger, better athletes of the group to serve in that capacity, no? Abraham, Sasha, Daryl, whoever. 

Did Aaron ever really explain why there were no people in the pics he showed Rick and Michonne?

He made an excuse that those photos did not develop.

Something occurred to me today. If the congresswoman was handing out jobs, how the hell does she conclude that Glenn, the dumb chick, and the kid with the limp should be the ones to stick on the scavenger crew? Obviously, you'd pick the bigger, better athletes of the group to serve in that capacity, no? Abraham, Sasha, Daryl, whoever. 

Unless you have bigger problems close to home.

And I wonder if that was what happened to the original crew her son was talking about?  Did her son zombie them a la Shane and that guy that shot Carl? 

Archived