The Walking Dead

SenorGato

How ******* badass was that movie?

And Shane's career has take off. He's been in a couple of good flicks.

that movie was not good, it was laugh out loud bad at times for example when the girls face was perfectly exposed in the rubble after the bomb. Director tried way too hard to make his story (ridiculous at times, go to the damn tree line) into a deep meaning drama when he clearly was making a violent action flick.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that movie was not good, it was laugh out loud bad at times for example when the girls face was perfectly exposed in the rubble after the bomb. Director tried way too hard to make his story (ridiculous at times, go to the damn tree line) into a deep meaning drama when he clearly was making a violent action flick.

I loved it. One of the better flicks I've seen in along time.

Something occurred to me today. If the congresswoman was handing out jobs, how the hell does she conclude that Glenn, the dumb chick, and the kid with the limp should be the ones to stick on the scavenger crew? Obviously, you'd pick the bigger, better athletes of the group to serve in that capacity, no? Abraham, Sasha, Daryl, whoever. 

Or send out the (presumably) more expendable ones. 

And wtf is going on with Morgan? They flashed him last season a couple of times and he still hasn't appeared at all.

My wife have been wondering exactly that.

I doubt they've kept flashing on him just for lols.

He's got to show up eventually, I presume.

My wife have been wondering exactly that.

I doubt they've kept flashing on him just for lols.

He's got to show up eventually, I presume.

I hope he does not.

T-Dog.  Bob.  Tyrese. 

Noah and the priest should not get too comfortable.  Just saying.  ;)

He made an excuse that those photos did not develop.

Unless you have bigger problems close to home.

And I wonder if that was what happened to the original crew her son was talking about? Did her son zombie them a la Shane and that guy that shot Carl?

Good points. I'm just glad we have an interesting story arc finally. I didn't read it (because spoilers), but there's a discussion blog that suggests that Rick has become, for all intents and purposes, the Governor.

Seems forced. Yet did like to see Carol going all psycho on that little kid. That was awesome.

Highlight of the whole experience so far. I just don't get why they get stuck in these multiple show stints where they drag boring story lines along. Can't they wrap this type of bork f dialogue up in 1 episode? 2 tops?

Good points. I'm just glad we have an interesting story arc finally. I didn't read it (because spoilers), but there's a discussion blog that suggests that Rick has become, for all intents and purposes, the Governor.

No doubt.

I would not say he is full governor mode..... yet, based off of the Governor never giving anyone a chance (Army unit, Rick).  However, he is clearly in that mode now as the Deeana has little room for error.

Highlight of the whole experience so far. I just don't get why they get stuck in these multiple show stints where they drag boring story lines along. Can't they wrap this type of bork f dialogue up in 1 episode? 2 tops?

I also thought of Rick macking on that chick married to the Dr is an indicator we are getting ready to see a new take no prisoner Rick.  He is now the Rick Shane wanted him to be.

I also thought of Rick macking on that chick married to the Dr is an indicator we are getting ready to see a new take no prisoner Rick.  He is now the Rick Shane wanted him to be.

Yes, it definitely starting to look that way...but I feel like he'll get grounded by someone or something.  The group has always done "the right thing" and only stepped outside of that line of thinking when pushed to the point of no choice.

Yes, it definitely starting to look that way...but I feel like he'll get grounded by someone or something.  The group has always done "the right thing" and only stepped outside of that line of thinking when pushed to the point of no choice.

Agreed.  But strange poon tang make a brother crazy.  Especially if its in short supply in post apocalyptic zombie land.  Rick rhymes with dick. Pretty sure it means he will bang regardless of consequences. 

This whole Alexandria sh*t is just awkward. So weird. Have no clue what to make of it all.

It's going to be a blood bath, me thinks.

Seems forced.  Yet did like to see Carol going all psycho on that little kid.  That was awesome. 

There's been a lot of fencing between the two groups. Tonights episode was good though, multiple storylines culminating in the Alexandria people abandoning people in trouble. That makes them a threat, as much as a liability. 

Carol has emerged as my favorite character. At least in this season. Her nuance in that role is great.

I am calling it here first and I know the comic storyline.

Rick will become Negan.  :)

I just read a quick wiki blurb about Negan... in the show they may never actually call Rick Negan, but it appears that Rick's storyline is beginning to align with what I read about this character. Good insight.

Two good episodes in a row.

Meh, last weeks was pretty boring aside from Carol putting the wrath of death on Sam.

This week.  Was awesome.  They're about to slay that whole mother****er and start rape and pillaging and I like it. 

And what a little bitch that Priest is...they saved his ass...and he let his whole church die.  I hope he gets some nasty death like a zombie eats his balls or something.  

Crazy how people they've killed off this season and they've all been zombie deaths too.

Ape is right though, all these people willing to let their own die...its not a good look for Rick's crew, they're going to kill them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read a quick wiki blurb about Negan... in the show they may never actually call Rick Negan, but it appears that Rick's storyline is beginning to align with what I read about this character. Good insight.

While the show is not the comic, it is fairly parallel from 50K foot view, so I do not see that happening.

I just think it is more along the line of Shane's thinking where you trust no one.

Meh, last weeks was pretty boring aside from Carol putting the wrath of death on Sam.

This week.  Was awesome.  They're about to slay that whole mother****er and start rape and pillaging and I like it. 

Yup. 

I think the episode with Carol putting the wrath of death on Sam was so-so. I am interested in how Darryl is perceived as someone who can tell the good people from the bad, which resonates with his character having been the moral compass of the group for so long, as unexpected as it seems on the surface. I don't know what sort of dopey symbolism they were going for with the horse, but I think I like what they are seeding for his plot line. It came through when crazy-eyed Rick was eager to take a gun, and Darryl opted not to. There's potential for these two to clash at some point... the further and further Rick veers from the path of "doing what we have to, to survive" to "doing what we want to, to survive". You get a glimpse into that as he seems to already be taking possession of another dude's wife. 

Of course, they set that up perfect to favor Rick, making the guy a wife beater. 

Good old AMC, they really understand how to get you strung out across a spectrum of moral dilemma. Anyway, slow episodes that set up good psychology are good, imo. Every once in a while. However, that sh*t early in 5b when they were over-selling the torment of Tyrese was not what I consider good psychology. 

And what a little bitch that Priest is...they saved his ass...and he let his whole church die.  I hope he gets some nasty death like a zombie eats his balls or something. 

That scene was really infuriating. That actor did a good job because I haaaaaate Father Gabriel.

Yup. 

I think the episode with Carol putting the wrath of death on Sam was so-so. I am interested in how Darryl is perceived as someone who can tell the good people from the bad, which resonates with his character having been the moral compass of the group for so long, as unexpected as it seems on the surface. I don't know what sort of dopey symbolism they were going for with the horse, but I think I like what they are seeding for his plot line. It came through when crazy-eyed Rick was eager to take a gun, and Darryl opted not to. There's potential for these two to clash at some point... the further and further Rick veers from the path of "doing what we have to, to survive" to "doing what we want to, to survive". You get a glimpse into that as he seems to already be taking possession of another dude's wife. 

Of course, they set that up perfect to favor Rick, making the guy a wife beater. 

Good old AMC, they really understand how to get you strung out across a spectrum of moral dilemma. Anyway, slow episodes that set up good psychology are good, imo. Every once in a while. However, that sh*t early in 5b when they were over-selling the torment of Tyrese was not what I consider good psychology.

All good points. they've definitely got my full attention. I'm really curious to see the response to the Priests back stabbing. Who strikes first. Etc

That scene was really infuriating. That actor did a good job because I haaaaaate Father Gabriel.

This is a good point. I remember when Seinfeld was on the air, I worked with some people that refused to watch it because they hated George. I told them he's the most talented actor on the show. They didn't get it.

All good points. they've definitely got my full attention. I'm really curious to see the response to the Priests back stabbing. Who strikes first. Etc

I have been mirroring the show with comic so I have an idea where it is headed, but will be infuriated if they jump way ahead. 

There is a point where I think they could end this season and set-up for the next season.  It would not be climatic like the Terminus lead in (that they screwed up) or the Governor massacre of his Army that attacked the prison, but it could lead into next season 

However, I have a feeling they will jump ahead and will be piussed they wasted the first half of the season.

Deanna is about as intimidating as Mr Drummond.  While Rick was giving his bloody diatribe I was waiting for D to scream "that's it..  you're on a time out".

Yeah.

I do not get the casting.  You have strong female characters like Mishonne, clearly, but she is a southern mom with an even softer husband.

Archived