Finish This Sentence: The Miami Dolphins Are...

SoFlaJets

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys should have heard the WQAM after-game call-in show yesterday. The hosts were fighting with each other, the Dolphin fans were yelling about how Chad Henne and Tony Sporano and Dan Henning all suck and that Chad Pennington should be named the starter this morning....ahh, good times

Incomplete. Allen and Smith are killing that defense and Henne needs a legit pass-catching tight end. They just lost to the #1a team in the league on a shady official ****-up.

it happens TS, the zebras got the fumble call right but screwed up by calling "TOUCHDOWN!" and then blowing the whistle-that made half the players stop playing. Had it not been for an insane over-aggressive officiating crew against us on Opening Night we would be undefeated right now.

it happens TS, the zebras got the fumble call right but screwed up by calling "TOUCHDOWN!" and then blowing the whistle-that made half the players stop playing. Had it not been for an insane over-aggressive officiating crew against us on Opening Night we would be undefeated right now.

The refs did get the call correct, but the rule has to be changed.

After the fumble (which it clearly was) and there was "no clear evidence which team recovered", that has to be considered a touchback, the same as if the ball went through the end zone.

Should have been Phins ball on the 20.

Incomplete. Allen and Smith are killing that defense and Henne needs a legit pass-catching tight end. They just lost to the #1a team in the league on a shady official ****-up.

I disagree with your last sentence considering the Fins had 3 gift wrapped turnovers in the 1st quarter and STILL lost.

After the fumble (which it clearly was) and there was "no clear evidence which team recovered", that has to be considered a touchback, the same as if the ball went through the end zone.

I don't think you can make that call if its not perfectly clear that Miami had the ball in the endzone. I think the call that was made was best solution without giving either team an instant advantage. I.e. 7 points or a fumbler over a shaky call.

i could be wrong....but i'm pretty sure that for it to be a touchback it has to go out of the endzone. also....since the play was whistled dead after the touchdown call then you can't really go by anything that happened after that.

But a fumble recovery in that situation was a moot point Mike-they blew the whistle after signaling the TD and guys didn't even really try-especially the guys in black and orange...The Dolphins players had no choice but to keep going the game was on the line. Think about the INT that ended the Jets v Fins game when Fasano kept pulling the ball trying to rip it out of Drew's hands.

i could be wrong....but i'm pretty sure that for it to be a touchback it has to go out of the endzone. also....since the play was whistled dead after the touchdown call then you can't really go by anything that happened after that.

Yea, you're right.

Once the play was whistled dead, everything that happens after that is a moot point.

But a fumble recovery in that situation was a moot point Mike-they blew the whistle after signaling the TD and guys didn't even really try-especially the guys in black and orange...The Dolphins players had no choice but to keep going the game was on the line. Think about the INT that ended the Jets v Fins game when Fasano kept pulling the ball trying to rip it out of Drew's hands.

You're right Jimmy, see my response to necky.

You know what is interesting, the old Raiders rule where you can't fumble forward in the last x minutes of the game. Isn't that still intact? If so it would give the touchback a little more credence.

They still got the ball down one with over 2 mins to go and proceeded to go 4 & out. The team is mediocre at best and Henne is a terrible 4th quarter QB .Don't even cry to Jet fans about bad officials, especially patsie* fans...remember the tuck game? The rule sucks butit is the rule..

You know what is interesting, the old Raiders rule where you can't fumble forward in the last x minutes of the game. Isn't that still intact? If so it would give the touchback a little more credence.

You're right Max, that is how that should have been interpreted.

They still got the ball down one with over 2 mins to go and proceeded to go 4 & out. The team is mediocre at best and Henne is a terrible 4th quarter QB .Don't even cry to Jet fans about bad officials, especially patsie* fans...remember the tuck game? The rule sucks butit is the rule..

this....

In regards to the call, they got royally screwed but I don't think the problem was the call so much as it was the erroneous touchdown signal. Yes if it happened to the Jets, I'd be pissed... but the real problem is not that they didn't rule Dolphins ball but that they ruled touchdown. Basically once the whistle blows the play dead, I don't see how you can count any kind of recovery AFTER that point. Though the Dolphins may have gotten it, it's kinda hard to say that they would have definitely if the whistle didn't blow.

In regards to the call, they got royally screwed but I don't think the problem was the call so much as it was the erroneous touchdown signal. Yes if it happened to the Jets, I'd be pissed... but the real problem is not that they didn't rule Dolphins ball but that they ruled touchdown. Basically once the whistle blows the play dead, I don't see how you can count any kind of recovery AFTER that point. Though the Dolphins may have gotten it, it's kinda hard to say that they would have definitely if the whistle didn't blow.

the Dolphins fans can whine all they want but it happens in every game, every week, to every team. Miami still had 2 1/2 minutes left 1 TO (that they explicitly wasted after the play) and the 2 minute warning and still couldn't make a play

Dolphag fans are hilarious. They really think the team is talented enough to be contenders.

They are a middle of the pack team that doesnt know how to win Football games unless a team literally gives it away.

And even though I thought the call was bogus, like others have said, they had a chance at the end and couldnt even move the chains.

I thought the whole point of that rule is that if a ball is fumbled forward that upon recovery it is placed back at the spot of the original fumble. If that's the case, with the Steeler's keeping possession it should have gone back to the spot of the fumble, which it did. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, isn't that exactly how they implemented the rule during the game?

I don't agree. I think the rule is correct.

The screw up was initial TD signal. Whistles blew, and the ball was deal.

The truth is, we DO NOT know who had possession of the ball. It's very possible that Ben is telling truth and was in fact in possession of the ball before letting go of it. I don't see how you can award Miami the ball just for being closest to it when the whistle was blown.

I don't agree. I think the rule is correct.

The screw up was initial TD signal. Whistles blew, and the ball was deal.

The truth is, we DO NOT know who had possession of the ball. It's very possible that Ben is telling truth and was in fact in possession of the ball before letting go of it. I don't see how you can award Miami the ball just for being closest to it when the whistle was blown.

I agree, given the dead ball / replay rules in the NFL, the officials need to know to let the play go and not blow the whistle immediately when it's that close of a call. While I personally thought it should have been overturned, the Chargers backward pass is the perfect example, if the official blows the whistle on that one, the Patriots could've challenged the fact that it was a backward pass and even if the officials agreed, it wouldn't have made a difference now matter how obvious it was that the Patriots player was the only guy who was going to pick it up if the whistle was already blown.

I agree that it was a sh*tty call for the Dolphins, but once the TD was signaled, there was nothing anyone could do to make it right. Certainly can't blame Dolphins fans for being pissed on that one though.

I thought the whole point of that rule is that if a ball is fumbled forward that upon recovery it is placed back at the spot of the original fumble. If that's the case, with the Steeler's keeping possession it should have gone back to the spot of the fumble, which it did. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, isn't that exactly how they implemented the rule during the game?

bahahaha...

Miami came up with the ball, they had 3 players right around it in end zone and came out of pile with it. If this happenned to thet Jets you'd bitch about it for the next 30 years..

The Raiders Rule only comes into play in the last 2 minutes.

Big Ben's fumble happened outside of the last 2 minutes so the Raiders Rule would not have been applicable(that's how Sparano got the play reviewed rather than a sub-2 minute autoreview).

As to the other points, the refs' biggest mistake was not determining possession on the field. Leaving it up to a replay review was essentially impossible. But, of course, since they made a bad call of the TD they didn't do that. Regardless, in such situations the refs should still do both. In other words, the refs think it's a TD, but the ball comes loose, let the ball be recovered and establish possession in the event the play is overturned.

bahahaha...

Miami came up with the ball, they had 3 players right around it in end zone and came out of pile with it. If this happenned to thet Jets you'd bitch about it for the next 30 years..

If a similar situation comes up in a Jets game I can only hope that the refs let it play out before making any call.

That being said, it sure is nice to see this type of BS happen to one of our enemies and not us for a change. :yes:

If it happened to the Jets it would be a moot point right now. We would have used that 2:37 to drive down the field and kick the game-winning field goal. That's what good teams do.

If it happened to the Jets it would be a moot point right now. We would have used that 2:37 to drive down the field and kick the game-winning field goal. That's what good teams do.

that's highly unlikely against Pitts defense.. but to your point, it didn't end the game so miami fans should temper thier crying.. i was more busting on bleedin who i know would've been besides himself with butthurt if this happenned to the jets..

bahahaha...

Yes & No.

Jet fans would have bitched about it for the next 30 years along with absolutely killing their own team for not doing more with the 3 TOs in the 1st quarter.

It's an official requirement that all bad Jet memories have to include some criticism of the Jets.

Yes & No.

Jet fans would have bitched about it for the next 30 years along with absolutely killing their own team for not doing more with the 3 TOs in the 1st quarter.

It's an official requirement that all bad Jet memories have to include some criticism of the Jets.

Seriously. We don't need trolls around here. We kill our own team enough, even in victory.

You guys should have heard the WQAM after-game call-in show yesterday. The hosts were fighting with each other, the Dolphin fans were yelling about how Chad Henne and Tony Sporano and Dan Henning all suck and that Chad Pennington should be named the starter this morning....ahh, good times

Henne played a very good game yesterday. Anyone one calling for Pennington is a moron...i hate life right now lol

Archived