Finish This Sentence: The Miami Dolphins Are...

SoFlaJets

I see the similarities you are trying to event, but I see no similarities in performance.

I watched the entire game with my buddy yesterday and thought Henne played very well considering his opponent.

You mean "invent?"

I'm not suggesting that he plays like Pennington other than he checks down too much. Henne has a much different style and significantly stronger arm. I am talking about the results or lack thereof and his growing propensity to check down instead of trust his arm.

Like his mentor, Henne seems all too satisfied to settle for three in the red zone instead of taking chances. The sad part is Henne has a weapon the likes of which Pennington never did - a giant wideout with long arms and a great vertical and he doesn't use him in the red zone.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite sure if Sanchez posted similar numbers as Henne did you would be boasting his performance, but my QB ends up being a Chad Pennington clone? Chad Pennington struggles big time against agressive defenses like the Steelers have. We had ZERO running game yesterday and Henne did an good job to get us in position to kick what almost was the game winning field goal. No team to this point has scored more points against the steelers than us.Your bashing him just to bash him....no QB has put up better numbers against the Steelers than Henne has.

And by the way - I've criticized Sanchez right in this very thread while making the comparison. Sanchez still has a long way to go but he is trending in a better direction than Henne.

And by the way - I've criticized Sanchez right in this very thread while making the comparison. Sanchez still has a long way to go but he is trending in a better direction than Henne.

So, is Henne still regressing?

And will you continue to say he has when they beat up on sh*tty teams at the end of schedule (i still think dulphins will stupidly bench him and let pennignton play the cupcakes, cause pennington is satan)

Sanchez is winning more than Henne, besides that they're numbers are similar. And your team around Sanchez is clearly better, no question.I wish we could lineup and pound everyone out but we are not capable. Going back to Henne's performace yesterday, not one fan fin that i personally know is down on Henne's performance from yesterday. Would we have liked to have scored some more td's, yes, but at the same time i understand that he was facing one of the top defensive units in the league.Good day for Henne, but a tough disaponting loss also.

And will you continue to say he has when they beat up on sh*tty teams at the end of schedule (i still think dulphins will stupidly bench him and let pennignton play the cupcakes, cause pennington is satan)

No way in hell are they benching Henne and he is not regressing.

If Henne continues to beat sh*tty teams and lose to good ones isn't he just fulfilling his destiny as the second coming of the Pennington?

Sanchez is winning more than Henne, besides that they're numbers are similar. And your team around Sanchez is clearly better, no question.I wish we could lineup and pound everyone out but we are not capable. Going back to Henne's performace yesterday, not one fan fin that i personally know is down on Henne's performance from yesterday. Would we have liked to have scored some more td's, yes, but at the same time i understand that he was facing one of the top defensive units in the league.Good day for Henne, but a tough disaponting loss also.

So now we get the ol' "If Henne just had a better team around him" argument that we always used to hear about Pennington as well?

Before the season, weren't Fins fans telling us all how stupid we were and how much better the Dolphins talent surrounding Henne was than the talent surrounding Sanchez?

So now Sanchez is 5-1 and Henne is 3-3 and its because the talent around Henne sucks and the talent around Sanchez is superawesome? :rl:

So now we get the ol' "If Henne just had a better team around him" argument that we always used to hear about Pennington as well?

Before the season, weren't Fins fans telling us all how stupid we were and how much better the Dolphins talent surrounding Henne was than the talent surrounding Sanchez?

So now Sanchez is 5-1 and Henne is 3-3 and its because the talent around Henne sucks and the talent around Sanchez is superawesome? :rl:

I dont care what anyone else said. Probably the same losers that want Chad Pennington at QB. Bottomline the numbers are similar. Are you saying our team around Henne is equal to the one around Sanchez?

Before you start throwing stones, you do realize, that even with yesterday's 0-4 Red Zone performance, Henne and the Phins still have a higher Red Zone percentage than Sanchez and the Jets?

Well, the Jets are 4th in the league in scoring with 26.5 points per game and the Dolphins are tied for 24th with 18.5 points per game. The Jets have 6 rushing TDs to the Dolphins tied for dead last in the league 1 rushing TD.

The Jets have 16 total offensive TDs to the Dolphins 9. I am gonna go ahead and question your stat unless you can provide a link. And if the Dolphins happen to have a better red zone percentage, I am going to go ahead and assume that its because the Jets get there a hell of a lot more often, seeing as they've scored almost twice as many TDs as the Dolphins.

Before you start throwing stones, you do realize, that even with yesterday's 0-4 Red Zone performance, Henne and the Phins still have a higher Red Zone percentage than Sanchez and the Jets?

Jets are averaging 8 more points a game.

Surely any discrepancy in red zone efficiency can be attributed to sample size, and probably irrelevant based on the enormous margin in scoring.

I dont care what anyone else said. Probably the same losers that want Chad Pennington at QB. Bottomline the numbers are similar. Are you saying our team around Henne is equal to the one around Sanchez?

You have the best WR in the league, I thought.

You also have Brown and Williams, and all we've got is a washed up LT and a fumble and injury prone 2nd year guy, I thought.

Jets are averaging 8 more points a game.

Surely any discrepancy in red zone efficiency can be attributed to sample size, and probably irrelevant based on the enormous margin in scoring.

The Dolphins have scored TDs on 50% of their red zone chances, the Jets have scored on 47.825% of their red zone chances. Here's the rub: The Jets have nearly twice as many red zone chances as the Dolphins. :rl:

You also have Brown and Williams, and all we've got is a washed up LT and a fumble and injury prone 2nd year guy, I thought.

LOL things change, This has got be the last year for Brown with the Fins. Williams is old. We don't commit to the running game anymore. Marshall has been effective but inconsitent it seem slike every other game now he has good perfomance than an average performance the next game. L.T. is having a great year. Shonne Green hasnt done dick, guessing lack of carries.

Exactly, and don't forget how much better their oline was with Jake Long and Vernon Carey as opposed to "D'Bustashaw Ferguson and over the hill Damian Woody." :rl:

LOL things change, This has got be the last year for Brown with the Fins. Williams is old. We don't commit to the running game anymore. Marshall has been effective but inconsitent it seem slike every other game now he has good perfomance than an average performance the next game. L.T. is having a great year. Shonne Green hasnt done dick, guessing lack of carries.

If you consider being on pace to run for 860+ yards as the number 2 back not doing "dick."

I'm happy with Shonn Greene's 4.5 yards per carry.

He's not getting the TDs now because LT gets the red zone carries.

Being repeatedly handed red zone opportunities doesn't hurt now, does it?

We're on the same page with this arguement.

Red Zone success is even MORE important when you are handed the ball inside the 20.

That's a totally different ballgame if the Phins jump out 14-0 instead of 6-0.

We're on the same page with this arguement.

Red Zone success is even MORE important when you are handed the ball inside the 20.

That's a totally different ballgame if the Phins jump out 14-0 instead of 6-0.

The Pats are a good red zone team. They should be. They have a very, very good veteran QB and Wes Welker after all.

Archived