Favre to play cheats with broken ankle?

THE ILK

Vikings: Brett Favre has two fractures in left foot, not ruled out for Sunday's game vs. Patriots

A day after a 28-24 loss to the Green Bay Packers, the new got worse for the Minnesota Vikings.

QB Brett Favre has two fractures in his left foot, Vikings coach Brad Childress said. But Childress said he's not ready to rule Favre -- who has started 291 straight games dating back to 1992 -- out for Sunday's game at New England.

Favre limped out of Lambeau Field after Sunday night's loss to the Packers. He was visibly pained and slow. Asked if he would be able to start next week, Favre said, "Who knows."

favrex-large.jpg

Brett Favre injured his ankle in Green Bay on Sunday.

Tests on Monday revealed the two fractures, and Childress said Favre was wearing a walking boot. The 41-year-old would not need surgery, the coach said, on the ankle that was already surgically repaired in May.

Favre hasn't missed a start since becoming the Packers' starter in 1992. Childress said Favre's streak will not give the QB any extra influence over whether he'll play next week.

"It doesn't just from the standpoint that we've got to do what's right for the Minnesota Vikings," Childress said. "I'm not worried about somebody getting one more start.

"I think the picture will clear itself up as we go forward."

The Vikings (2-4) badly need a win on Sunday to stay in contention in the NFC North, where they are 1.5 games behind both the Packers and Chicago Bears.

If Favre cannot play, backup QB Tarvaris Jackson would likely start.

-- Sean Leahy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Oxoboxo

Vikes lose this and they'll be 0-3 against the AFCE. That's tough. Reminds me of the 2008 Jets against the NFCW

The cute kid avatar is offset by the slutty chick sig.

Nice try though.

Streak over? Favre has fractures in ankle...

588196343BE644B36F9587FC6B043.jpg

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has two fractures in his left ankle as a result from Sunday night's loss at the Green Bay Packers, head coach Brad Childress confirmed Monday.

According to Childress, Favre has an evulsion fracture as well as a stress fracture in the ankle.

Childress said Favre is wearing an ankle boot. He hasn't been ruled out for Sunday's game at the New England Patriots and he won't need surgery, the coach said during his weekly news conference.

Favre — who had offseason surgery on the ankle — has started 291 consecutive games, but this injury places that streak in serious jeopardy. Tarvaris Jackson would start if Favre can't play.

Favre limped throughout the second half of the loss to the Packers after his leg was caught underneath Packers linebacker Brad Jones, FOXSports.com senior NFL writer Alex Marvez reported.

After the game Favre needed to use both rails to go down three steps from the podium where his postgame news conference was held, according to Marvez.

Off the field, life hasn't been pleasant for Favre either. He is embroiled in a scandal involving former New York Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger.

Favre allegedly sent lewd pictures of himself to Sterger when both were employed by the Jets in 2008.

The NFL is investigating the situation and FOXSports.com NFL insider Jay Glazer reported that Favre admitted to leaving voicemails for Sterger, but denied sending her any photos.

Are you nuts?

Any Pats fan out there would want the "Human INT Machine" to play next week.

As usual your football knowledge is beyond laughable, Tavaris Jackson or Brett Farve.

The Vikings begged farve to come back and paid him 20 million dollar because Tavaris Jackspn is the better qb.

What an idiot. Last time he was in Foxboro I bet you wished someone else had played qb too.

Guest Oxoboxo

Slutty?

LOL. That's Lynda Carter. There was nothing slutty about her.

The Avatar says you want to be a proud and caring father. A real family man.

The Sig says you long for another man's wife.

The two are incongruent.

I'm betting you're not half the father you make yourself out to be.

The two are incongruent.

I won't get upset at this unprovoked attack considering this is the internet and it's filled with people who hide behind annonymity.

You obviously have issues that should be attended to.

The two are incongruent.

Who the **** are you question SMC's parenting skills douchebag? He's not a good father because he has a chick in his signature? Internet tough guys/morality police crack me up. Get a ******* life.

Guest Oxoboxo

LOL

The kid is adorable, don't get me wrong.

And, I'm glad that you're bringing him up a Jets fan.

Just sayin' that the sig is kind of incongruent with the whole "caring father - family guy" thing.

The two are incongruent.

Im betting you don;t make it to 20 post with comments like that. Please refrain from making it personal.

The kid is adorable, don't get me wrong.

And, I'm glad that you're bringing him up a Jets fan.

Just sayin' that the sig is kind of incongruent with the whole "caring father - family guy" thing.

You cannot go around making accusations about the parental skills of someone you've never even met.

Who the **** are you question SMC's parenting skills douchebag? He's not a good father because he has a chick in his signature? Internet tough guys/morality police crack me up. Get a ******* life.

Holy crap, I was bit*h-slapping Kleck in another thread and I missed all this drama?

You cannot go around making accusations about the parental skills of someone you've never even met.

True, and it's so out of the blue. Just imagine if I had kept the below pick as my avatar. What would Oxo think of me then?

LyndaSanchez002A.jpg

Archived