Has Adrian Jones been our best Olineman?

GlennFoley

He's started on the right side of the line.

Not the past few games he hasnt. Adrian Jones switched to LT against the bucs and has been playing LT since.

He has definetly been our best Olineman. BY FAR.

Really impresses me, he has very very quick feet. An excellent pass protector, showing good balance. He very well could be our franchise LT - dont laugh. He's played very well against some great DEs like Rice, Kerney and Schobel. So much to the point where all 3 of those guys couldnt do anything against Jones, that they had to switch from RE to LE and go against Fabini.

Fabini is garbage and Kendall isnt playing much better. Moore has been barely decent, but I'll give him a pass because he is alot younger and is playing next to Jason friggen Fabini.

Not the past few games he hasnt. Adrian Jones switched to LT against the bucs and has been playing LT since.

He has definetly been our best Olineman. BY FAR.

Really impresses me, he has very very quick feet. An excellent pass protector, showing good balance. He very well could be our franchise LT - dont laugh. He's play very well against some great DEs like Rice, Kerney and Schobel. So much to the point where all 3 of those guys couldnt do anything against Jones, that they had to switch from RE to LE and go against Fabini.

Fabini is garbage and Kendall isnt playing much better. Moore has been barely decent, but I'll give him a pass because he is alot younger and is playing next to Jason friggen Fabini.

No kidding.

That's why I said he STARTED there.

He's not there now. He hasn't been there since Fabini was hurt.

No kidding.

That's why I said he STARTED there.

He's not there now. He hasn't been there since Fabini was hurt.

When you said "He's" started on the right side, it implys that in the last game he started on the right side. If you said "He" started on the right side, it doesnt imply that he started at RT his last game. But I understand what you meant now.

Fabini is such garbage. What was the reason for signing Scott Gragg again?

Idea: Maybe we should start working on an extension for Adrian Jones NOW rather then making the same mistake we did with McKenzie..

He's got only 1 year left on his deal, but I think he'd be a EFA after the 2006 season, so he wouldnt be going anywhere. I gotta check on that, I know he wont be an UFA, because no rookie is an UFA after their rookie contract is over, if I remember correctly.

Lets wait till seasons end, see how he shows up for next season, then maybe start up talks during next season. God knows we dont exactly have alot of cap room to throw millions away at a young LT who's only started less than a handful amount of games at left-tackle. Cmon, be real.

When you said "He's" started on the right side, it implys that in the last game he started on the right side. If you said "He" started on the right side, it doesnt imply that he started at RT his last game. But I understand what you meant now.

Fabini is such garbage. What was the reason for signing Scott Gragg again?

No, it implies he BEGAN there.

He's got only 1 year left on his deal, but I think he'd be a EFA after the 2006 season, so he wouldnt be going anywhere. I gotta check on that, I know he wont be an UFA, because no rookie is an UFA after their rookie contract is over, if I remember correctly.

Lets wait till seasons end, see how he shows up for next season, then maybe start up talks during next season. God knows we dont exactly have alot of cap room to throw millions away at a young LT who's only started less than a handful amount of games at left-tackle. Cmon, be real.

Nope. It'll be his 3rd year. He'll be a restricted free agent.

Rookies MOST CERTAINLY are UFAs after their rookie contract is over... if it's 4 or more years in length. LaMont Jordan is a perfect case in point.

Here are the rules:

2 years or less in the league, contract ends = ERFA

3 yrs in the league, contract ends = RFA

4+ years in the league, contract ends = UFA

Nope. It'll be his 3rd year. He'll be a restricted free agent.

Rookies MOST CERTAINLY are UFAs after their rookie contract is over... if it's 4 or more years in length. LaMont Jordan is a perfect case in point.

Here are the rules:

2 years or less in the league, contract ends = ERFA

3 yrs in the league, contract ends = RFA

4+ years in the league, contract ends = UFA

Thanks for clearing that up.

RFA Jones would be. If he continues to play at a high level into next season, the Jets should definetly look to sign him long term, if not, you can always tender him for a 1st and 3rd rd pick as an RFA in the 2006 offseason.

How great would our oline be if we could trade down, draft Marcus McNeil, put him at RT. Draft Eslinger in the 2nd rd, put him at center. There you have it, the 2 best young bookend tackles in the game, and a great young center like Greg Eslinger. With an Oline like that, you wont have to spend major coin on guards. Not to mention, Brandon Moore would look better playing next to McNeil, not fabini.

Thanks for clearing that up.

RFA Jones would be. If he continues to play at a high level into next season, the Jets should definetly look to sign him long term, if not, you can always tender him for a 1st and 3rd rd pick as an RFA in the 2006 offseason.

How great would our oline be if we could trade down, draft Marcus McNeil, put him at RT. Draft Eslinger in the 2nd rd, put him at center. There you have it, the 2 best young bookend tackles in the game, and a great young center like Greg Eslinger. With an Oline like that, you wont have to spend major coin on guards. Not to mention, Brandon Moore would look better playing next to McNeil, not fabini.

Tender him 1st and 3rd and you owe him 2M.

Tender him 1st will be around 1.5

Tender him low (4th round in his case I believe) and you're talking something around 700-800K

Archived