Fireman Ed

Maxman

I have always been a HUGE fan of his. He gets the stadium going, he never gives up during the games. He seems to get really upset when the stadium is quiet.

I know he blew off the last game because he was mad about the NJ deal. We are all entitled to our opinions. I am willing to give him a mulligan on that one.

I am looking forward to him returning and making the stadium louder this weekend. Why do some people seem so jealous of Ed?

I am looking forward to him returning and making the stadium louder this weekend. Why do some people seem so jealous of Ed?
Yes, I'm very thankful that he can get the crowd going, and every now and then I wish I had the same effect, if only in my little section. I'm puzzled about the jealousy thing myself. I guess that it's not my personality type, but I would never ever consider trying to do what he does. What little he benefits from it can't be worth all the trouble. JMO.

I agree fireman ed gets a raw deal. if everybody minded their own business, he wouldnt eve be an issue. If tv cameras werent looking for him, he would still be doing his thing and only the guys in his section would know he exists

some people get real pissed at him. like he is the only fruustrated jet fan who blows off a game now and then to protest who sh*tty we are. big deal, done that myself. Doing it now too.

I like Fireman Ed (never met him) and what he does for the Jets. He one of the few mascots in the NFL (using the term lightly) that everyone can name.

Of course, I think his holding out from that one game was a little misguided, but if that is his way of protesting so be it.

Rumor has it he will be back tomorrow and I look forward to it. It is a great tradition and most who trash him are just jealous of his semi-fame.

BZ

Personally I have nothing against Fireman Ed- I actually think is is great that he gets some of the fans fired up and into the game. We need more of that throughout our games to get a real home field advantage. So he is a semi-celebrity and with that comes I am sure perks but also headaches

I don't understand the haters, either. I've met Ed several times. He shakes every hand and poses for every picture without complaining.

His act isn't hurting anybody. Bugg's right about the timing, though. Not sure if that's his fault or if someone else decides when he goes on the Jumbotron.

I was sorry to see him used as a tool for the Manhattan disaster pimps, but he's entitled.

Every Jets fan should try to be like Fireman Ed.

But screaming the J E T S chant when the offense is in the huddle or at the line is just stupid. Ok, do at after a play, but not when the QB is reading the defenses at the line and trying to communicate to the center, who then communicates to the rest of the Oline, it just makes it harder for the offense to run.

On defense, its great just about anytime and I get goose bumps sometimes when I hear the chant, even from my room watching it on TV.

And I dont blame him for skippin out on the Jets last home game. If I had season tickets, I wouldnt go either. F#ck Woody Johnson. I was planning to go with my friend to the jets/phins game this year, but I said F IT when the Jets decided to build a stadium and share it with the giants again (that and spending $200 that I dont have to see Testaverde piss the game away, its not worth it).

I hope the stadium deal doesnt go down, what a pathetic franchise this team is, jets franchise is a JOKE.

Smartest thing you have ever said on this message board.

:lol:

people let me tell you 'bout my best friend,

he's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end.

people let me tell you bout my best friend,

he's a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.

edsdad.jpg

EricBarton50: And I dont blame him for skippin out on the Jets last home game. If I had season tickets, I wouldnt go either. F#ck Woody Johnson. I was planning to go with my friend to the jets/phins game this year, but I said F IT when the Jets decided to build a stadium and share it with the giants again (that and spending $200 that I dont have to see Testaverde piss the game away, its not worth it).

I hope the stadium deal doesnt go down, what a pathetic franchise this team is, jets franchise is a JOKE

Wow, that's a very telling paragraph right there. Sad. Just sad.

I have no problems with fire man Ed. I just didn not like when he unnecessarily took shots at the Giants when he jumped aboard the WSS campaign. He bashed the Giants in the papers saying that the Jets were going to be NY's real team and that the Giants should put an NJ on their helmets. He was killing them as if the WSS was a slam dunk... Now what? We are staying in NJ and he must feel like a complete tool.

Other than that I cant comment on the guy. I dont know him personally. I am pretty sure he is a nice guy.

I think a lot of recentment towards him stems from the fact he is not the "orginator" of the J-E-T-S- chant. He just made it famous so I heard... If thats the case, who the heck cares, really? He does a great job with the fans on game day.

EricBarton50: And I dont blame him for skippin out on the Jets last home game. If I had season tickets, I wouldnt go either. F#ck Woody Johnson. I was planning to go with my friend to the jets/phins game this year, but I said F IT when the Jets decided to build a stadium and share it with the giants again (that and spending $200 that I dont have to see Testaverde piss the game away, its not worth it).

I hope the stadium deal doesnt go down, what a pathetic franchise this team is, jets franchise is a JOKE

Wow, that's a very telling paragraph right there. Sad. Just sad.

How so?

I'm sure you're happy the NEW YORK Jets are staying in Jersey, aint'cha?

doesnt surprise me that he is your type, tx. :shock:

Damn Tx it's time for that layoff. We'll turn you out to pasture and get you back to the workouts in a couple months. You should be back in contention by february, not to worry. 50 and now gg? You need a rest, pal.

I have no problem with Ed except for 2 things... as stated in this thread enough with the cheers when the Jets are on offense...He knows the timing and that he is on the big screen so just get it going prior to the huddle. You get enough TV time as it is so just do it already. The second thing is that he is not the voice of all Jets fans. It gets somewhat annoying reading articles in the newspapers with Ed voicing OUR opinions. Of course that is not his fault the media asks him a question and he answers but it just bothers me especially because I did NOT support the new stadium. He does get the stadium rocking and I give him credit for that. The bigger challenge will be late this season with 30,000 fans in the house

Archived