Shotty

Thor99

They're killing this moron on the Jets postgame on SNY right now, what was the gameplan, the Jets are not fooling anyone, 3 points on this NE defense when even the Lions made plays on them, This guy needs to go and go right now, like midseason.

If teams can fire head coaches midseason, we can fire a lame a$$ OC whenever we damn well feel like..Whenever he has more than the usual time to "plan" for a game, HE SUCKS...

We play Pitt like this, everybody is gonna have a freakin broken nose..

As has been the case in the Ravens game and the Packers game, when given too many days to prep for a game... Schotty brings this offense in flat and pathetic.

We have now managed 12 points in 3 games wherein Schotty has had extended preparation time.

Tonight however, the defense and specials teams decided to match and/or exceed the offense's ineptitude.

Bravo on sending us right back to 2008 tonight Rex, Schotty... all of you ******* bums.

As has been the case in the Ravens game and the Packers game, when given too many days to prep for a game... Schotty brings this offense in flat and pathetic.

We have now managed 12 points in 3 games wherein Schotty has had extended preparation time.

Tonight however, the defense and specials teams decided to match and/or exceed the offense's ineptitude.

Bravo on sending us right back to 2008 tonight Rex, Schotty... all of you ******* bums.

This is why you fix the mistakes when you see them against bad teams. The Lions, Bengals and even Browns are what their records say they are. The Jets struggled against bad teams and when they ran up against a legit top one they got crushed. You can't win in spite of your coaching and gameplans in this league.

The Jets are probably the most talented team in the league. But for the most part the NFL is a parity driven league where coaching is the big difference. That is why the good franchises fire bad coaches. This joke of a franchise has kept the same crappy OC now through 2 different regimes.

This is why you fix the mistakes when you see them against bad teams. The Lions, Bengals and even Browns are what their records say they are. The Jets struggled against bad teams and when they ran up against a legit top one they got crushed. You can't win in spite of your coaching and gameplans in this league.

The Jets are probably the most talented team in the league. But for the most part the NFL is a parity driven league where coaching is the big difference. That is why the good franchises fire bad coaches. This joke of a franchise has kept the same crappy OC now through 2 different regimes.

You don't need to convince me bro... I've been singing the same tune since his first year with us.

No. We're up there...hence the 9-2 record...but to have a truly elite team you need something outstanding...D is mediocre...QB is mediocre...offense is mediocre...like all fledgling teams we have moments and that's it...

I'm not even gonna bother...the way offense is viewed and analyzed on this board is just straight up weirder than any other place I've talked football. Never have I seen playcalling (and it's branches...gameplan and rhythm) given so much value. I'm a big believer in coaching making a big difference, but man oh man I can't make the leaps in logic made to get to that conclusion the way many seem to here...Even weirder than this same analysis doesn't apply if the coach and his unit is well liked.

No. We're up there...hence the 9-2 record...but to have a truly elite team you need something outstanding...D is mediocre...QB is mediocre...offense is mediocre...like all fledgling teams we have moments and that's it...

I'm not even gonna bother...the way offense is viewed and analyzed on this board is just straight up weirder than any other place I've talked football. Never have I seen playcalling (and it's branches...gameplan and rhythm) given so much value. I'm a big believer in coaching making a big difference, but man oh man I can't make the leaps in logic made to get to that conclusion the way many seem to here...Even weirder than this same analysis doesn't apply if the coach and his unit is well liked.

EFFING THIS!

EFFING THIS!

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with him? I can't believe there are two people in the country let alone on the same messageboard that seriously can't understand the importance of play calling and game planning. I mean that's like sports 101, you get to any decent level and your game plans and decisions during competition are priorities. Even in pickup games if one team has a gameplan and good playcalling and the other doesn't you can make up a huge amount of talent difference or flat out win easily if the talent is about the same.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with him? I can't believe there are two people in the country let alone on the same messageboard that seriously can't understand the importance of play calling and game planning. I mean that's like sports 101, you get to any decent level and your game plans and decisions during competition are priorities. Even in pickup games if one team has a gameplan and good playcalling and the other doesn't you can make up a huge amount of talent difference or flat out win easily if the talent is about the same.

Im agree with this:

But Im drunk and depressed right now so I might think differently tomorrow! *sigh*

Not Shotty's fault here. No team could have beaten the Pats tonight. Even though they have tough games left (so do the Jets) Belichick's team appears to have gone a long ways toward securing HFA in the AFC playoffs.

Lets hope the Jets can at least get the #2 seed. Pittsburgh beating Baltimore last night helped in that regard.

Not Shotty's fault here. No team could have beaten the Pats tonight. Even though they have tough games left (so do the Jets) Belichick's team appears to have gone a long ways toward securing HFA in the AFC playoffs.

Lets hope the Jets can at least get the #2 seed. Pittsburgh beating Baltimore last night helped in that regard.

The guy that declares the Pats the HFA and won't blame Shotty also thinks the Jets can get the #2 seed behind the Pats.

No wonder you don't think Schotty is at fault. You, like him, have absolutely no clue when it comes to football.

Certainly looked like Belichick had a game plan. But we must all remember: Herm Edwards did not think game plans were important.

I rest my case.

If I take my Jets Fan hat off and basically look at this game objectively, there are certain things that I saw last night.

The biggest thing is the intangible affect of playing a division opponent. If the Pats were so much better than the Jets, we would be 0-2 right now against them, however we are 1-1.

That said, there is absolutely no excuse to have that much time off and not come in like gang busters and play well. But the Jets have historically NOT PLAYED WELL WHEN GIVEN TO MUCH TIME OFF. And this has been a problem for many years with the Jets and also some other teams in the NFL.

That said, and given the fact that the Jets were completely undressed. The only response to last nights lost is the following:

1. The head coach must STFU and coach. Lead the team and stop believing in the F'en BS. You have to play the game. Stop flapping your gums, eat some humble pie and get back to fixing an obvious broken defensive scheme.

2. The offensive coordinator needs to be reeled in, and the running game HAS GOT TO BE OUR NUMBER 1 PRIORITY. WE ARE NOT THE 81 CHARGERS, 87 49'ners, the F'en Colts or any other pass happy team. Run the F'en ball down the next 4 opponents.

3. Get Brad Smith more touches in the Wildcat.

4. Stop with the F'en 50+ Yard field goal attempts. This is just stupid considering that Folk has collapsed or bring someone in to replace him NOW.

5. The special teams, needs work. Obviously this aspect of our team was a major strenght (if not the best in the NFL), so what happened?

6. The Front Office, needs to sign a big time pass rusher with speed.

7. Finally, you want to erase last night's memory from Jet fans and the rest of the NFL, here is what you need to do:

Come out Sunday and destroy the Dolphins, make an exanmple of them, so no mercy, score as many points as you can, run up the score, and pound that team.

Against Pitt:, come out and run the ball down their throats, Go after Big Ben, sack him, rattle him and make a statement. Beat them to a pulp.

Against Chicago, go out there and hold that team to ZERO POINTS.

Against the Bill at home, MAKE SURE THE REST OF THE AFC PLAYOFF TEAMS SEE THIS GAME....NO MERCY, POUND THEM FROM START TO FINISH.

Then you can turn it around.

He is the most overrated and inconsistent oc in football. Can a team please make the mistake of giving this clown a hc job so we can bring mcdaniels in here?

We're stuck with him after last night's performance on national TV. Someone in the Jets org is simply going to have to have the balls to fire Marty's son.

Pats planning room:

BB to OC: What's your plan for Monday?

OC: I watched tons of film and designed my game plan and play calling to attack their weaknesses like the iside. No play to the outside maybe one or to to keep them hontes but not going after Revis or Cro.

BB: Sounds good

Jets Planning room:

Rex to Shotty: What's your plan for monday?

Shotty: Back in August I wrote up the plays so we'll use them.

Rex: Did you watch film? I hear they have big weaknesses everyteam has exploited with less talent.

Shotty: That's what they'll think we'll do. I'll stick to my August gameplan.

Maybe I'm just looking into this too much but did anyone notice there seemed to be a disconnect between the coaches and some of the players last night? I could be wrong but Sanchez in particular looked pissed off right from the first snap, almost like he disagreed with something being told to him. I didnt see the normal communication that you usually see with the players and coaches whether it be talking on the sidelines after plays or communicating on the field. Everything just looked off last night, felt like a twilight zone haha

Maybe I'm just looking into this too much but did anyone notice there seemed to be a disconnect between the coaches and some of the players last night? I could be wrong but Sanchez in particular looked pissed off right from the first snap, almost like he disagreed with something being told to him. I didnt see the normal communication that you usually see with the players and coaches whether it be talking on the sidelines after plays or communicating on the field. Everything just looked off last night, felt like a twilight zone haha

People claim they see that all the time, but then they are back to being buddy-buddy afterward.

Sanchez can't publicly say anything bad about Schotty. But Rex should fire him already.

I highly doubt that...the first couple plays are scripted. If Sanchez didnt like them...he wouldnt have saved bitching about it for the first series on the field. Me thinks that would have taken place in an offensive meeting.

And once again, the plays were there, we just didnt make them. Sanchez was all over the place. Very hard to put this one on Schotty.

Archived