OT: Jarhead

Alk

you see that was your problem right there, not the movie itself but your preconceptions before seeing it

the acting was good and the story was real, i liked it alot saw it yesterday and was happy with it

I'll clarify. It wasn't my type of movie, therefore it sucked. :lol:

I just saw The Devil's Rejects over the weekend and I liked it alot. I'm not afraid to admit it either. :lol:

I thought it was alot better than HO1C and I liked the different approach it took, even right down to the music in it.

I rented House of 1000 Corpses this weekend and would have got Devils Rejects but they were all rented out. I liked House of 1000 Corpses alot though. How in the hell did Zombie marry that chick?

I rented House of 1000 Corpses this weekend and would have got Devils Rejects but they were all rented out. I liked House of 1000 Corpses alot though. How in the hell did Zombie marry that chick?

thank you, House was the shizzy not to be confused with the smizzy...the latter is not a compliment

who did zombie marry, the skinny blond psycho chick???

I gotta watch Rejects again because I liked it but was too hyped up and felt letdown, maybe a second look will bring it back down to earth for me

thank you, House was the shizzy not to be confused with the smizzy...the latter is not a compliment

who did zombie marry, the skinny blond psycho chick???

I gotta watch Rejects again because I liked it but was too hyped up and felt letdown, maybe a second look will bring it back down to earth for me

Yeah, he's married to the crazy blonde chick. She was actually in his band too.

Devil's Rejects is actually better than 1000 corpses. Its not that bad at all.

Now Jarhead on the other hand....OUCH. I felt like I was back in the desert again. All they showed me was what I already did, and thats VERY boring. Well, you thought the movie was boring huh, well try being there for 9 months doing that crap day after day...lol. Yuck, I left the theater disapointed, and I felt like I was back in that sh1thole again...dam, they really got me

Devil's Rejects is actually better than 1000 corpses. Its not that bad at all.

Now Jarhead on the other hand....OUCH. I felt like I was back in the desert again. All they showed me was what I already did, and thats VERY boring. Well, you thought the movie was boring huh, well try being there for 9 months doing that crap day after day...lol. Yuck, I left the theater disapointed, and I felt like I was back in that sh1thole again...dam, they really got me

so it WAS accurate?

haven't seen the movie but i read and loved the book. but after reading the book i don't think it would translate well to the big screen at all (depending on how true to the book they stay). it's not an action film, but it is a great story and a great book.

there's two great books based on the current situation in the mid east, one is "generation kill" written by evan wright who was embedded with the first recon marines. the second is "one bullet away" which is written by nathaniel fick who was the lieutenant that wright was embedded with. first recon was one of the lead units on the march north through iraq and i highly recommend these books.

or if you want to wait, both should definietely be made into movies. i am pretty sure that "generation kill" has been optioned by hbo for a mini series, like band of brothers, but i am not positive on that.

with that said, i'll still go see jarhead because i'd like to see how it compares to the book.

Archived