Josh Freeman

JustInFudge

This is true. Sanchez doesnt have the strongest arm in the league, nor the most accurate but he doesnt have a weak arm in any sense of the word. I remember when Tom Brady was coming out the label on him was a "weak" arm, yet this dude can throw a 70yd bomb with pinpoint precision.

throwing bombs / arm strength thing is a mistake jet fans should no longer make

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are many assuming we've seen the best out of Sanchez?

I think that Sanchez has more or less established his ceiling based on the fact that quarterbacks who aren't at least average in one of their first two seasons as starters overwhelmingly fail to improve much after that.

And honestly, 'many?'

I think that Sanchez has more or less established his ceiling based on the fact that quarterbacks who aren't at least average in one of their first two seasons as starters overwhelmingly fail to improve much after that.

And honestly, 'many?'

Drew Brees laughs at your stupidity.

I still believe Sanchez has what it takes to be a perennial Pro Bowler once Brady and Manning are gone, but from what I've seen, Freeman is better as of NOW. I think Sanchez will be the better player overall because not only is he surrounded by a sh*tload of talent while he's young, he also is VERY mobile. If we get a new OC, Sanchez will be a star.

And Matt Ryan, too?

And, oh yeah, Joe Flacco?

Actually all three of them have been blessed with having excellent teams to start as a rookie for. Would you take Sanchez over either one of them? I very rarely go nuts over anyone coming out of the draft, but people from JI will remember I wanted Flacco badly. Live in Virginia and watched the kid play at Delaware, ceiling is unlimited on this kid.

I know they both have a year on Sanchez but Ryan is light years ahead and Flacco is close to that.

Yes, David Carr hates them all, he was doomed from the start.

I still believe Sanchez has what it takes to be a perennial Pro Bowler once Brady and Manning are gone, but from what I've seen, Freeman is better as of NOW. I think Sanchez will be the better player overall because not only is he surrounded by a sh*tload of talent while he's young, he also is VERY mobile. If we get a new OC, Sanchez will be a star.

Yeah if someone starts killing AFC starting QB's.

Could not agree more. We finally get a young franchise QB, after mostly 35 years of bums and mediocrity at QB, and people are gushing about other QBs.

Viva la Sanchez!!!

I think Sanchez's ceiling is somewhere around Eli Manning levels of competency. Just without the stupid look on his face and, I'm hoping, less interceptions. That Freeman-Blount-Williams combination is looking realllllllyyyy good right now.

"Right now" being the key phrase. I would love to see Sanchez's numbers if he got to play the NFC West and the Panthers twice this year, just sayin'.

To me Freeman's success is very reminiscent of Pennington's success with the Dolphins in '08. Is he really that good or is it the insanely favorable schedule he got to play against this year? If he can replicate this year's numbers next year when he has to play the NFC East or North and has two third place opponents as opposed to two fourth place opponents I'll be impressed. Until then, I'll take Sanchez.

Freeman hasn't beaten a team with a winning record and even led his team to a home loss to the Lions.

I went to last weeks bucs game. He looks ok. He underthrew and overthrew his receivers on occasions, but the guy never gives up. Just from watching a few games of the bucs and most of the jets I'd say they look about the same. Freeman looks more athletic and he looked real good on a 4 and 1 when he went for the qb sneak. You're not stopping him. he's a big boy.

He's a monster. He's exactly how I'd like to my QB to look. Big strong, big arm, smart with the Football, accurate. Not this little china doll. He's got all the tools.

I think we've seen what we got in Mark. He's a game manager. He's had a couple of big plays late in the game, which is nice to see, but he is what he is...dont really see him getting much better...since he's really hasnt at all and is in the perfect situation.

Freeman is making chicken sh*t into chicken salad and doing with with Greg Olson as his OC and Raheem Morris as his HC. His upside, is enormously larger than Sanchez.

He's a monster. He's exactly how I'd like to my QB to look. Big strong, big arm, smart with the Football, accurate. Not this little china doll. He's got all the tools.

I think we've seen what we got in Mark. He's a game manager. He's had a couple of big plays late in the game, which is nice to see, but he is what he is...dont really see him getting much better...since he's really not in the perfect situation.

Freeman is making chicken sh*t into chicken salad and doing with with Greg Olson as his OC and Raheem Morris as his HC. His upside, is enormously larger than Sanchez.

Couldn't disagree more.

Freeman had an easy schedule and no expectations.

"Right now" being the key phrase. I would love to see Sanchez's numbers if he got to play the NFC West and the Panthers twice this year, just sayin'.

To me Freeman's success is very reminiscent of Pennington's success with the Dolphins in '08. Is he really that good or is it the insanely favorable schedule he got to play against this year? If he can replicate this year's numbers next year when he has to play the NFC East or North and has two third place opponents as opposed to two fourth place opponents I'll be impressed. Until then, I'll take Sanchez.

Freeman hasn't beaten a team with a winning record and even led his team to a home loss to the Lions.

Man you really have zippo between ears, Freeman is playing in toughest Conference and whose team has been decimated with Injuries all year, after Colts and packers the Bucs have the most injuries in NFL. Freeman is being asked to win games by himself. Sometimes the homerific quality of your posts is pathetic.

Man you really have zippo between ears, Freeman is playing in toughest Conference and whose team has been decimated with Injuries all year, after Colts and packers the Bucs have the most injuries in NFL. Freeman is being asked to win games by himself. Sometimes the homerific quality of your posts is pathetic.

Toughest conference? Try he's played in a division where three of the teams got to pad their records with six games against the NFC West and the Carolina Panthers.

Homeriffic? Try reality. I am not one of these "grass is always greener" assheads.

Just because someone rightfully defends a Jets player doesn't make them a homer.

Amazing how no one ever accused me of being a homer when I was writing my late night diatribes about how much I hated Thomas Jones when he played for us. :rolleyes:

And the self loathing of some Jets fans is pathetic. F Freeman. He plays for another team at a position where we have a budding star ourselves. Complain about Gholston - I understand. Sanchez - holy christ, I just don't get it.

He's in the NFC South and he plays in the same division as the SB Champs and the team with the best record in Football. He plays on a sh*tty team and has them in playoff contention.

Nothing about Josh Freeman is reminiscent of Chad Pennington. And Sanchez stats would probably be worse on any other team. He's a very fortunate young QB, not like Josh Freeman.

Could not agree more. We finally get a young franchise QB, after mostly 35 years of bums and mediocrity at QB, and people are gushing about other QBs.

Viva la Sanchez!!!

We don't exactly have a good fanbase. Most of the smarter fans just became Giants fans.

He's in the NFC South and he plays in the same division as the SB Champs and the team with the best record in Football. He plays on a sh*tty team and has them in playoff contention.

Nothing about Josh Freeman is reminiscent of Chad Pennington. And Sanchez stats would probably be worse on any other team. He's a very fortunate young QB, not like Josh Freeman.

Freeman is fortunate indeed to have the undying love of Jets fans.

And the self loathing of some Jets fans is pathetic. F Freeman. He plays for another team at a position where we have a budding star ourselves. Complain about Gholston - I understand. Sanchez - holy christ, I just don't get it.

Never said Sanchez is bad, I think he will be a good QB, i think Freeman will be a great QB and we could have saved some draft picks. This franchise always seems to pick the wrong guy. Mayock said all 3 QBS would be good, said Sanchez is safest but also said Freeman has the highest ceiling.

Yeah if someone starts killing AFC starting QB's.

Did you watch the last two games?

Sanchez looked pretty stellar against two of the best defenses in football, no?

I don't get where the anti-Sanchez viewpoint is coming from — especially after the past two games, which, IMO, were among the most impressive of his career.

Try backing up you argument with facts instead of resorting to insults when you can't make a valid argument.

Freeman is 0-5 vs. teams with winning records and has completed about 55% of his passes in those games. He's also thrown 67% of his interceptions in those games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/joshfreeman/gamelogs?id=FRE183259

So he hasn't padded his stats against dreck? Please. :rolleyes:

Never said Sanchez is bad, I think he will be a good QB, i think Freeman will be a great QB and we could have saved some draft picks. This franchise always seems to pick the wrong guy. Mayock said all 3 QBS would be good, said Sanchez is safest but also said Freeman has the highest ceiling.

Call me when:

A) Freeman garners a win against a team with a winning record

B ) Wins a playoff game

C) Doesn't pad his stats against the NFC Worst and Carolina Panthers

D) Faces the slightest bit of adversity/pressure and rises above it

I'd take Sanchez a thousand times over.

Drew Brees laughs at your stupidity.

Brees was fine his first year. He put up a positive VOA and his DYAR ranked him in the middle third, and at 21 he was twice as close to 16 than he was to 32.

And so does Eli Manning

This is an even dumber attempt at an example contra. Eli was better than average in both of his first two full seasons.

And he is 0-3 against those teams. :rl:

He can't beat good teams. That is very reminiscent of Chad Pennington.

Brees was fine his first year. He put up a positive VOA and his DYAR ranked him in the middle third, and at 21 he was twice as close to 16 than he was to 32.

This is an even dumber attempt at an example contra. Eli was better than average in both of his first two full seasons.

And was awful year 2.

Did you watch the last two games?

Sanchez looked pretty stellar against two of the best defenses in football, no?

I don't get where the anti-Sanchez viewpoint is coming from — especially after the past two games, which, IMO, were among the most impressive of his career.

Thats exactly the problem. People are drolling over the little homo and the Jets are in the midst of a collapse in which Sanchez has 1 TD in 4 games. His best 2 games of his career and he has one passing TD to show for it? Ugh.

VOA?

DYAR?

What the **** are you talking about?

Let's deal in real concrete numbers — not Bill James jackoff bullsh*t.

Drew Brees in 2002 (his second season in the league): 17 TD | 16 INT

Drew Brees in 2003 (his third season in the league): 11 TD | 15 INT

Drew Brees in 2004 (his fourth season in the league): 27 TD | 7 INT

You are wrong, bro-ski. He got infinitely better after a sh*tty start in the league.

Thats exactly the problem. People are drolling over the little homo and the Jets are in the midst of a collapse in which Sanchez has 1 TD in 4 games. His best 2 games of his career and he has one passing TD to show for it? Ugh.

The Jets scored on the ground for the first time in years Sunday. Sanchez led both of those scoring drives. Keller dropped an easy touchdown. 1 could have easily been 3.

Rushing touchdowns count too.

So what is the point for us Jets fans? Even if Freeman becomes as great as you say he will and Sanchez is only good as you say? Can we trick TB and trade them even up? We can pick apart all team's draft picks from here to eternity. What is the point?

Archived