Josh Freeman

JustInFudge

Thats exactly the problem. People are drolling over the little homo and the Jets are in the midst of a collapse in which Sanchez has 1 TD in 4 games. His best 2 games of his career and he has one passing TD to show for it? Ugh.

If you watched the games, you would have to admit Sunday's loss to Chicago wasn't due to Sanchez.

You can say that about Miami and NE — not Chicago.

And then completely disregard the STELLAR game he played against Pittsburgh.

But you only spin the negatives — which is quite lame for a Jets fan.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you watch the last two games?

Sanchez looked pretty stellar against two of the best defenses in football, no?

I don't get where the anti-Sanchez viewpoint is coming from — especially after the past two games, which, IMO, were among the most impressive of his career.

Not anti-Sanchez. Kid is ok on a good team. Your definition of stellar doesn't include winning but is ok with game ending pics? Sanchez is good to manage a game, but every time we need a big play and every time he gets tackled all of Jet Nation gets nervous. Don;t bother saying you don;t cause I know you all do.

This is an even dumber attempt at an example contra. Eli was better than average in both of his first two full seasons.

Wait, you're ignoring the 9 games Eli started in his rookie season? How convenient.

Eli had a 48.2 comp. % 6 TDs, 9 INTs, and 55.4 QB rating. In his second year he had a 52.8 comp. % 24 TDs, 17 INTs and 75.9 QB rating. Those are "better than average"???

And in his THIRD season starting, Eli had a 57.7 comp. %, 24 TDs, 18 INTs and 77 QB rating.

Your blind Sanchez hate is ridiculous.

And he is 0-3 against those teams. :rl:

He can't beat good teams. That is very reminiscent of Chad Pennington.

Yes, but his team sucks. Chad couldnt do that with good teams. Give him time, he'll start winning those when they build some talent around him.

Let's be honest here, folks.

How many Tampa Bay games have any of you actually watched?

Every QB looks good in a 2-minute highlight reel showcasing his best plays.

Enough to know he's much better than Sanchez and we should have stayed put and drafted him.

VOA?

DYAR?

What the **** are you talking about?

Let's deal in real concrete numbers — not Bill James jackoff bullsh*t.

Drew Brees in 2002 (his second season in the league): 17 TD | 16 INT

Drew Brees in 2003 (his third season in the league): 11 TD | 15 INT

Drew Brees in 2004 (his fourth season in the league): 27 TD | 7 INT

You are wrong, bro-ski. He got infinitely better after a sh*tty start in the league.

Does that happen often? I thought all great QBs were great by their second year. ;)

Not anti-Sanchez. Kid is ok on a good team. Your definition of stellar doesn't include winning but is ok with game ending pics? Sanchez is good to manage a game, but every time we need a big play and every time he gets tackled all of Jet Nation gets nervous. Don;t bother saying you don;t cause I know you all do.

Oh, a big play like against the Texans?

A big play like against the Lions?

A big play like against the Browns?

A big play like against the Steelers?

Christ, do you guys even watch the games?

Yes, but his team sucks. Chad couldnt do that with good teams. Give him time, he'll start winning those when they build some talent around him.

Enough to know he's much better than Sanchez and we should have stayed put and drafted him.

Your infinite wisdom never ceases to amaze.

How do you draw such profound conclusions?

Try backing up you argument with facts instead of resorting to insults when you can't make a valid argument.

Freeman is 0-5 vs. teams with winning records and has completed about 55% of his passes in those games. He's also thrown 67% of his interceptions in those games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/joshfreeman/gamelogs?id=FRE183259

So he hasn't padded his stats against dreck? Please. :rolleyes:

Why dont you compare rosters and then talk to me

The Jets scored on the ground for the first time in years Sunday. Sanchez led both of those scoring drives. Keller dropped an easy touchdown. 1 could have easily been 3.

Rushing touchdowns count too.

But it wasnt...we also stalled twice settled for FG's and couldnt even pick up first downs on his last 3 attempts to win the game.

If you watched the games, you would have to admit Sunday's loss to Chicago wasn't due to Sanchez.

You can say that about Miami and NE — not Chicago.

And then completely disregard the STELLAR game he played against Pittsburgh.

But you only spin the negatives — which is quite lame for a Jets fan.

All I know is the Jets have dropped 3 of 4 and are in the midst of another late season collapse. Sanchez couldnt win the game for us on Sunday. The D gave him the ball back 3 times to win the game, he failed and threw a pick to end the game resulting in the Jets 3rd loss in 4 games.

His stellar game vs. Pitts yielded 1 offensive TD...count'em 1. If thats you standard of STELLAR, then we just have different standards.

But it wasnt...we also stalled twice settled for FG's and couldnt even pick up first downs on his last 3 attempts to win the game.

All I know is the Jets have dropped 3 of 4 and are in the midst of another late season collapse. Sanchez couldnt win the game for us on Sunday. The D gave him the ball back 3 times to win the game, he failed and threw a pick to end the game resulting in the Jets 3rd loss in 4 games.

His stellar game vs. Pitts yielded 1 offensive TD...count'em 1. If thats you standard of STELLAR, then we just have different standards.

Not every drive results in a touchdown. Keller is awful...I guess if anything you can fault Sanchez for throwing that durf the ball.

I dont see how this can be considered a collapse. They weren't going to get anything better than the 5 seed anyway. The team should win 11 games. Should have won 12...they happen to play in the same division with the best coach and QB of all time.

*JayCutlershrug*

Oh, a big play like against the Texans?

A big play like against the Lions?

A big play like against the Browns?

A big play like against the Steelers?

Christ, do you guys even watch the games?

Texans, Lions and Browns are teams with a losing records. This team should have never been in a close game with them anyhow. Green Bay/ New England? He played well in the Steelers game and no one can say different. End of the Bears game we all new it wouldn't end well.

Your infinite wisdom never ceases to amaze.

How do you draw such profound conclusions?

Its very easy to see his limitations. When you have to simplify an offense, move the pocket, give him quick hit routes, less reads...yadayada...you're not dealing with a very good QB.

Take a look back at how Freeman fared against Pittsburgh. And, oh yeah, he was playing in TAMPA BAY.

Sanchez was in a veritable MUST-WIN scenario on the road in December.

If you want to hate on the NYJ'S quarterback — which has led the team to back-to-back playoff appearances — that's your right. I'm just happy that my viewpoint isn't so shamelessly myopic.

Not every drive results in a touchdown. Keller is awful...I guess if anything you can fault Sanchez for throwing that durf the ball.

I dont see how this can be considered a collapse. They weren't going to get anything better than the 5 seed anyway. The team should win 11 games. Should have won 12...they happen to play in the same division with the best coach and QB of all time.

*JayCutlershrug*

You dont see how this is a collapse? They've lost their last 3 of 4 games...its December and the Jets are doing what they do. The only difference in this seasons collapse is that everyone else sucks so our nice start is allowing us to make the playoffs despite falling apart during the most important time of the year...again.

Take a look back at how Freeman fared against Pittsburgh. And, oh yeah, he was playing in TAMPA BAY.

If you want to hate on the NYJ'S quarterback — which has led the team to back-to-back playoff appearances — that's your right. I'm just happy that my viewpoint isn't so shamelessly myopic.

\

I think accompanied would work better, but ok.

Texans, Lions and Browns are teams with a losing records. This team should have never been in a close game with them anyhow. Green Bay/ New England? He played well in the Steelers game and no one can say different. End of the Bears game we all new it wouldn't end well.

If Keller catches the god damn ball, we don't have to worry about the end-game scenario against the Bears.

And how about that first game against New England?

Does that one not count?

You dont see how this is a collapse? They've lost their last 3 of 4 games...its December and the Jets are doing what they do. The only difference in this seasons collapse is that everyone else sucks so our nice start is allowing us to make the playoffs despite falling apart during the most important time of the year...again.

If the Jets lost to Pittsburgh, it would be deemed a collapse.

Guess what?

THEY DIDN'T!

Come off that jaded ledge, brother.

You do know TB won 3 games last year right? Freeman started year on bench and played fairly well at end of last year with zero weapons. This year he is winning games on his own, Doesnt have a top 10 defense to bail him out, try watching the games! The good thing is we have a timestamp, both were in same draft class. We will see how it plays out. I'm betting on Freeman.

The Jets franchise never wins in December. It is what it is. I'm happy were still playing meaningful football. They won enough games to give themselves a chance.

Man you really have zippo between ears, Freeman is playing in toughest Conference and whose team has been decimated with Injuries all year, after Colts and packers the Bucs have the most injuries in NFL. Freeman is being asked to win games by himself. Sometimes the homerific quality of your posts is pathetic.

100%

Toughest conference? Try he's played in a division where three of the teams got to pad their records with six games against the NFC West and the Carolina Panthers.

Homeriffic? Try reality. I am not one of these "grass is always greener" assheads.

no, you're a homer

We don't exactly have a good fanbase. Most of the smarter fans just became Giants fans.

Ha!

And he is 0-3 against those teams. :rl:

He can't beat good teams. That is very reminiscent of Chad Pennington.

It's just getting worse for you

VOA?

DYAR?

What the **** are you talking about?

Let's deal in real concrete numbers — not Bill James jackoff bullsh*t.

Drew Brees in 2002 (his second season in the league): 17 TD | 16 INT

Drew Brees in 2003 (his third season in the league): 11 TD | 15 INT

Drew Brees in 2004 (his fourth season in the league): 27 TD | 7 INT

You are wrong, bro-ski. He got infinitely better after a sh*tty start in the league.

:face palm thingie:

Why dont you compare rosters and then talk to me

this

WHat's the big deal, this season Freeman's been a lot better. He also has a lot more physical tools then Sanchez, it remains to be seen who ends up he better player but right now Freeman looks better (but there's still a ton to like from Sanchez). Frankly, i'd put my money on Sanchez still, but that could be due to me liking him better coming out of college

Wait, you're ignoring the 9 games Eli started in his rookie season? How convenient.

I'd have a much harder time believing that there are two people who don't know the difference between either and both if one of them wasn't you.

In his second year he had a 52.8 comp. % 24 TDs, 17 INTs and 75.9 QB rating. Those are "better than average"???

Yes. No. sh*t, I dunno. What's good? What's bad? The problem with using these numbers isn't that they're better or worse than FO metrics, it's that they're uncontextualized so they're even harder to relate to blanket labels. And yeah, even if I am limited to this crap, that right there is average. I mean, he did throw 24 touchdowns, less than only three guys that year and more by half than Sanchez has thrown in either of his two seasons while completing an equally sh*tty percentage of his passes.

Your blind Sanchez hate is ridiculous.

Viva la albatros.

You do know TB won 3 games last year right? Freeman started year on bench and played fairly well at end of last year with zero weapons. This year he is winning games on his own, Doesnt have a top 10 defense to bail him out, try watching the games! The good thing is we have a timestamp, both were in same draft class. We will see how it plays out. I'm betting on Freeman.

Honestly, I don't give a flying **** about Josh Freeman.

I'm a Jets fan.

Just sad that some of you do.

Woulda-coulda-shoulda is so dumb. Especially after you first push for how great Henne is, then he has a crappy season, and then you choose Freeman as your QB to champion.

If Freeman has a bad year next year whose the QB you're going to be championing then?

Woulda-coulda-shoulda is so dumb. Especially after you first push for how great Henne is, then he has a crappy season, and then you choose Freeman as your QB to champion.

If Freeman has a bad year next year whose the QB you're going to be championing then?

FTW.

JiF didn't like Sanchez coming out of college (truth be told, neither did I) and he made up his mind right then and there that anything short of near perfection would doom Sanchez to JAG status forever in his mind.

Last year and into this year he was on the Chad Henne bandwagon and now that he would look moronic championing Henne he searches for another guy to pump up and Freeman fits the bill.

If Stafford were healthy, JiF would probably be bitching that we should have done whatever it took to trade up to number one last year. :rolleyes:

No problem. Tampa faced Pitt early in the year, with a healthy Troy P and Eason. They lost but Freeman despite only 50 yards on the ground was 20-31 64.5% 184 yrds, I INT.

Sanchez was 19-29, 65%, 170, O INT.

Pretty identical.

That was fun...lets compare alike team stats...for Freeman on a much worse team than Sanchez. We alreay did Pitt.

Clev

JF - 17-28, 60%, 182, 2 TD, 1 INT

MS - 27-44, 61%, 299 (ot), 2 TD, 1 INT

CIN

JF - 20-33, 60%, 280, 1 TD, I INT

MS - 16-28, 57, 166, 1 TD, 1 INT

BALT

JF - 17-37, 45%, 162, 1 TD, 0 INT

MS - 10-21, 47%, 74, 0 TD, 0 INT

DET

JF - 21-32, 251, 65%, 1 TD, 0 INT

MS - 22-39, 56%, 336 (OT), 1 TD, 1 INT

Pretty identical with a lot less talent on a much worse team.

No problem. Tampa faced Pitt early in the year, with a healthy Troy P and Eason. They lost but Freeman despite only 50 yards on the ground was 20-31 64.5% 184 yrds, I INT.

Pretty identical.

That was fun...lets compare alike team stats...for Freeman on a much worse team than Sanchez. We alreay did Pitt.

Clev

CIN

BALT

DET

And you conveniently leave out the fact sanchez scored a TD on 4and1.

SHOCKER!!!!!!!!

Pretty identical.

Clev

CIN

BALT

DET

The Jets "talent" has been pretty overrated. Tomlinson and Greene havent exactly provided much help this season. Cothcery and Keller cant catch. Holmes has dropped two touchdowns. Braylon doesnt know how to run a route. Schotty stinks etc...

Archived