Jets' Antonio Cromartie tells Daily News he hates Tom Brady, calls Patriots QB an 'a$$----'

TaborJet

Jets' Antonio Cromartie tells Daily News he hates Tom Brady, calls Patriots QB an 'a$----'

Now, it's really personal.

Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie, taking the baton from Rex Ryan, who criticized Tom Brady's post-touchdown "antics" earlier this week, ripped into the Patriots quarterback in a profanity-laced rant Tuesday, calling him an "a$----," and claiming he hates him.

Ryan set the tone by saying it was just "Brady being Brady," referring to his finger-pointing to the Jets sideline after his touchdown pass gave the Patriots a 38-3 lead on the first play of the fourth quarter on Dec. 6 inFoxborough on the way to New England's 45-3 humiliation of the Jets in their first-place showdown.

Cromartie, in his first year with the Jets after four years with the Chargers, backed up Ryan Tuesday when he was asked by the Daily News if he's ever seen Brady pointing after the Patriots score.

"We see that a lot. He does it a lot," Cromartie said. "That's the kind of guy he is. We really don't give a damn, to tell you the truth."

Okay, what kind of guy is Brady?

"An a$----.

"---- him."

In Brady's 11 years in the NFL, this is the first time anybody has so openly criticized his on-field behavior. He is expected to win the MVP award this season after throwing 36 TD passes, just four INTs and leading the Patriots to a league-best 14-2 record. He is one of the faces of the NFL and a future Hall of Famer.

Cromartie just raised the stakes even higher for the Jets in their divisional round playoff game Sunday in Foxborough. With Ryan first taking on Brady on Monday and then Cromartie taking it off the charts, the Jets surely run the risk of raising the QB's already stated hatred of the Jets to a world-record level.

Brady will not likely respond to Cromartie. That is not his style. He will just try to burn him for four touchdowns on Sunday. Just as Bill Belichick will not be drawn into Ryan's declaration that this game is him vs. Belichick.

But Belichick and Brady hate the Jets so much that the Pats QB played the whole way in the 45-3 game. Why does Cromartie feel this way about Brady?

"That's what I think about him. I don't really give a damn about him," he said. "I don't have to play against him. I play against the receivers."

Well, Brady is the one throwing to those receivers. "Yeah, but if I beat the s--- out of his receivers, he can't throw the ball," Cromartie said.

Cromartie says Brady's antics are evident when the Jets watch the film of their games against the Patriots. "He's doing the pointing at our defensive line and stuff like that," Cromartie said. "That's the kind of a guy he is. He's a competitor, he loves what he's doing. He's going to compete. When you're competing, you are not worrying about anything else, about what anybody else is doing. You're just worried about what you have to do."

Has Brady ever tried to show up Cromartie during a game?

"Oh no," he said. "He knows better."

Cromartie said, however, he doesn't find what Brady does on the field offensive.

"Nope. He's playing football," he said. "If you're an a------, you're an a------."

One of the reasons Cromartie was happy to be traded to the Jets was so he could play against Brady and the Patriots twice a year. "Going against a future Hall of Fame quarterback two times a year, now getting a third shot at him, is something I take pride in and definitely want to do. It definitely did apply to one of my reasons being traded here," he said.

Cromartie was a rookie on the 2006 Chargers team that blew a 21-13 lead with 8:35 to go in the divisional round to the Patriots in San Diego and lost 24-21. After the game, the Chargers were upset when the Patriots were dancing on their field to celebrate. They felt disrespected.

"I hate them," Cromartie said. "I don't care. I hate them."

Brady or the Patriots?

"Both," he said.

"Everything is personal with me and the Patriots and what they did to us," Cromartie said. "So, I really don't care. I don't have too much to say about them. I'm just ready to play ball on Sunday."

After that game, LaDainian Tomlinson, now Cromartie's teammate with the Jets, got into some pushing and shoving with the Patriots. "I was very upset," L.T. said back then. "They showed no class at all, absolutely no class, and maybe it comes from their head coach."

L.T. smoothed things over with Belichick a few weeks later at the Pro Bowl.

Cromartie said he's never told Brady how he feels about him. "I let my play speak for itself," he said. "I don't need to boast, do all the pointing and doing all that stuff. I let my play speak for itself. At the end of the day, if he respects me or not, I'm going to get it some kind of way."

Cromartie was given a lecture by Ryan on the sideline Saturday night in Indianapolis after being responsible for Pierre Garcon's 57-yard touchdown. But he made up for it with a 47-yard kickoff return to the Jets' 46-yard line following Adam Vinatieri's field goal that gave the Colts a 16-14 lead with 53 seconds left. Cromartie's return created a short field for the Jets, which they cashed in with Nick Folk's 32-yard game-winning field goal on the final play of the game.

That sends the Jets to Foxborough, where Cromartie's trashing of Brady could come back to haunt him.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an angle they are purposely trying to play here. Just can't say that I understand what it is.

These things do not come out at this time of year unless they are premeditated and done for a purpose. Not with this consistency.

Very interesting.

They are kicking the sleeping giant.

I agree Scott if they do not come to play at a very high level the Pats will drop 60 on them and smile..of course Woodhead will have 5 tds

The fact that we have to wait to Sunday at 4:15 is enough of an annoyance. I just wish there would be radio silence until then. Shut up fellas and play the game. Our opponenent is the Division Champion and last time we took the field against them on a national stage we got whipped... So please, Shut up and play. Nothing speaks louder than victory!

Why does Tom Brady hate the Jets again? 45-3 and they're still running their mouths.

How do you shut a bully up? You beat him up.

The Jets are not allowing that to happen.

This is done for a purpose. They must feel that if they can get under Brady's skin, that they can throw him off his game.

Not saying that I have ever seen it happen, but I have not necessary heard anybody go after him like this.

This message is too consistent and too repetitive to now not be concerted. Which means it is being done for some purpose

This is done for a purpose. They must feel that if they can get under Brady's skin, that they can throw him off his game.

Not saying that I have ever seen it happen, but I have not necessary heard anybody go after him like this.

This message is too consistent and too repetitive to now not be concerted. Which means it is being done for some purpose

A purpose like they are honestly expressing their hatred of the NFL's most arrogant prick cocksucker?

I agree with you Scott..it will be interesting to see Rex's reaction at his press conference today...will he fuel the fire more or shrug it off? could a fire and brimstone speech be on the way?

There is an angle they are purposely trying to play here. Just can't say that I understand what it is.

These things do not come out at this time of year unless they are premeditated and done for a purpose. Not with this consistency.

Very interesting.

They are kicking the sleeping giant.

Maybe they really hate him. They certainly aren't kicking a sleeping giant. The Pats aren't sleeping. They haven't napped since the Browns game. They beat the Jets 45-3, are on an 8 game win streak, with 5 games against playoff teams, 4 of whom are still playing. No sleeping giant there. I doubt that Cromartie is smart enough to follow any premeditated plan and he actually went out of his way Brady was just competing. I think they had plenty of bad blood from when he was with the Chargers.

**** them. The Jets can call the Pats whatever they want. If they win fine, if the lose they look like morons. I won't care because I won't be watching the post-game if they lose.

The fact that we have to wait to Sunday at 4:15 is enough of an annoyance.

This is the critical point. The Jets and Pats lockerrooms are this week overrun with Dan Shaugnessys and Mike Lupicas whp haven't been to an NFL game all year that now want to write pages and fill bandwidth of "Jets stupid loudmouths, Pats quiet geniuses" personality-driven drivel. BFD. WGAF.

Suggest you ignore anything that doesn't talk about OL schemes, 1-5-5 defenses, the Pats' 5 receivers, etc.-actual football. The other stuff is complete and total media bullsheet.If anyone thinks Tom Brady has any more reason to win or to focus on his job because Cro called him an a-hole, you aren't paying attention.

I agree. Brady was off his game the first time they played when he kept trying to feed it to Moss in order to embarrass Revis, who had just called Moss a slouch. Could be the same thing here. Maybe they want Brady to try and force it to Deon Branch all day and not throw it to Gronkowski and Hernandez. They have to watch out, though. Remember what Brady did to the Steelers' Anthony Smith? That was humiliating.

Let me explain if for you more simply-They are doing it with an intent.

The intent is not to tell their feelings.

These franchises hate each other across the board.

But you're giving Bro too much credit. The guy cannot find a 24/7 CVS or 7/11 in the middle of a Saturday night when he ...needs to.

This isn't trash talk, this isn't what Rex does. This is just plain old fashion hostility and anger. he "hates him", Brady is easy to hate. he's that kid, got all the money, the hot chick, the Ugg boots contract(teh gay), MVP this year and a first ballot hall of fame LOCK.

If anyone beat my azz the way Brady beat the Jet's defense azz I would hate him too. Now Antonio's hate has to transfer to the field of play, they have to hate him during the game enough to play like their lifes end the next day. not the end of the season, the end of their lifes. Thats the intensity they need to win, thats the kind of intensity we want,

Good for Antonio, Im glad it's bothering him that much. I hope he comes around on a corner blitz and gets a chance to share his hate. SHARE THE HATE ANTONIO....SURPRISE BITCHES.

OH NO a sixty point loss??? I thought we were only going to lose by three!!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!

Well, the danger is that you get a fired up Patriots team that jumps out to an early lead.

That is the largest danger in this game-The Patriots start fast.

When the Patriots have not jumped out on teams, they have had struggles in games and their defense can not play as fast and loose as it would like.

If they jump out double digits on you, you are done. Hang close with them and everything is easier.

Oversimplification I realize, but very true

Well, the danger is that you get a fired up Patriots team that jumps out to an early lead.

That is the largest danger in this game-The Patriots start fast.

When the Patriots have not jumped out on teams, they have had struggles in games and their defense can not play as fast and loose as it would like.

If they jump out double digits on you, you are done. Hang close with them and everything is easier.

Oversimplification I realize, but very true

Why would they not be "fired up" already? Do you mean they're not going to try and score points?

Let me explain if for you more simply-They are doing it with an intent.

The intent is not to tell their feelings.

Tell me something, do you really think that Tom Brady needs any extra motivation to beat the Jets? You really think when he is asked about this today his will think to himself, "those rotten bastards! I only kind of wanted to win before, now I REALLY want to win!"

Please. The guy is a jagoff who routinely goes out of his way to tell reporters how much he hates and disrespects the Jets. He should expect the guys who play for the Jets to hate his goofy a$$ right back.

Tell me something, do you really think that Tom Brady needs any extra motivation to beat the Jets? You really think when he is asked about this today his will think to himself, "those rotten bastards! I only kind of wanted to win before, now I REALLY want to win!"

Please. The guy is a jagoff who routinely goes out of his way to tell reporters how much he hates and disrespects the Jets. He should expect the guys who play for the Jets to hate his goofy a$$ right back.

Well stated brother klecko. I'm glad to see our boyz are fired up. Yes Cromartie showed a lack of discipline and self control but then again hard to be surprised by that. Guy does have more kids than he can recall, well at least recall quickly. I'm glad he's fired up, let's hope it translates to the field.

Well, the point MAY be, is that you can try TOOOO hard sometimes. And that can lead to mistakes.

This is awesome. **** Tom Brady.

I did find the quote below hysterical though. The media is so good at trying to make things bigger than they are...but this is one of the better lines I've ever seen.

Cromartie just raised the stakes even higher for the Jets in their divisional round playoff game Sunday in Foxborough.

How exactly did he do that? If we win this game, do we not have to play the AFC Championship game and we just go right to the SB? LOL, how are the stakes any higher with what Cro said? These a$$ bag are too much.

Well, the point MAY be, is that you can try TOOOO hard sometimes. And that can lead to mistakes.

Maybe, but it's certainly not a time to worry about getting the Pats O, and Brady in particular, playing better. Anything that changes the way the Pats are playing is a good thing at this point in time.

Win something + Talking= Confidence

Win nothing + Talking= Arrogance

Win nothing + Getting your sh*t pushed in last time + Talking= Clownish idiocy

Yeah, so? At the end of the day, all we will care about is if the won or not. I don't even care if they get their asses handed to them or lose by 1. Win or lose.

Talk before the game = putting yourself on the line (the way the Jets did before the 2nd game)

Talk after the game = being a punk (the way the Pats did to the Chargers)

This straddles that line.

This is awesome. **** Tom Brady.

I did find the quote below hysterical though. The media is so good at trying to make things bigger than they are...but this is one of the better lines I've ever seen.

How exactly did he do that? If we win this game, do we not have to play the AFC Championship game and we just go right to the SB? LOL, how are the stakes any higher with what Cro said? These a$$ bag are too much.

:rl: Higher stakes?

Archived