•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bart Scott to Welker "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His (Welker's) days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 21,866 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

Jets inside linebacker Bart Scott is not laughing off Wes Welker's Thursday comments that included several references to the word "foot," in what many saw as poking fun at New York coach Rex Ryan.

"I'll tell you what," Scott said, according to Newsday. "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His (Welker's) days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

Welker made 11 references to the word "foot" during his remarks on Thursday, which seemed to be a joking reference to the "foot fetish" videos on the Internet that are believed to feature Ryan and his wife, Michelle.

Ryan would not be drawn into that particular debate on Friday, saying "I can take it. I'm not going to discuss it, but I can take it."

But Antonio Cromartie, who called Tom Brady a nasty name in the New York media early this week, saw it as evidence that the Patriots do talk trash -- but apparently it is buried in some kind of indecipherable code.

"If you read in between the lines, a lot of what they say is directed toward us, but they try to clean it up," Cromartie told Newsday. "It's different, but they are doing the same thing. At the end of the day, it's trash talking no matter how you try to put it, how you try to clean it up."

#2 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,525 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

This is a very un-PC admission; when in week 2 Eric Smith clobbered Welker essentially knocking out of that game and took a 15-yard penalty in the process, I stood up and cheered. It was worth it; Welker was done for the day. I don't wish any ill on anyone. But watching that little guy run wild without anyone hitting him often, hard and regulary is frustrating. Not saying we should go out and commit a 15 yard penalty, but goddamn hit the living sh!t out of him every play. He should have a body on him on the line to hit him(perfectly legal) on passing plays, and if he blocks anyone he should be on his a$$ on running plays(also totally legal).

Edited by Bugg, 15 January 2011 - 09:54 AM.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#3 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,903 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

Bart Scott couldn't catch Wes Welker if he strapped a rocket booster on his back.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#4 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:24 AM

Bart Scott couldn't catch Wes Welker if he strapped a rocket booster on his back.

BIG +1. Wes Welker is definitely faster than Bart Scott.
"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#5 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,515 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

If the Jets concede a little bit against the run and Bart Scott is hanging back a little more than usual, he could lay some hits on Welker.

A lot of people don't appreciate what Bart Scott's job is. But he does so much grunt work. I can't count how many times I have seen him just blow up the pulling guard, even just this year. He breaks plays up and doesn't get all the stats or the fame. But when they grade these games out he is grading high.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#6 Damaged89

Damaged89

shut it down.

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:07 AM

<333333333333333333333 Bart Scott. He is an evil dude.

#7 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,355 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

i'm sure the nfl will love this one.. lol
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#8 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 33,402 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

He doesn't need to catch Welker, when Welker's job is to run towards and past him over and over... I expect Scott will manage to find a way to get between points A and B for Welker at least once tomorrow.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#9 visajets

visajets

3rd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Im very positive Bart Scott is on a SEEK AND DESTROY MISSION. Welker---Woodhead---Brady in no particuliar order. :D

#10 madmikeisback

madmikeisback

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

I would love to see Scott end a few careers tomorrow. How about LT meets Joe Theisman part 2?

Edited by madmikeisback, 15 January 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#11 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

Edited by The Brooklyn Jet, 15 January 2011 - 12:16 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Irish Jet

Irish Jet

• Members
  • 23,481 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

Called it. I hope the little ****er gets his head knocked off.

#13 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

i'm sure the nfl will love this one.. lol

NFL warns teams about trash talk, physical threats
CBSSports.com wire reports
Jan. 15, 2011 CHICAGO -- The NFL has warned players to cut out the trash talk, specifically when it threatens other players.

"Ray Anderson reminded players that comments of a physically threatening nature are always taken into account in evaluating discipline for any illegal physical contact on the field," league spokesman Greg Aiello said Saturday.

NFL PlayoffsRelated linksNFL executive vice president of football operations Anderson is the league's chief disciplinarian. He told teams, including all eight remaining in the playoffs, to basically watch it.

Since October, the NFL has ratcheted up its enforcement of hits to defenseless players with a series of fines -- and the threat of suspension. No suspensions have been handed out, but the recent rash of trash talk before playoff games prompted Anderson to further emphasize the need to respect the game and opponents.

Earlier this week, Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie described Patriots quarterback Tom Brady with a derogatory term. New York is at New England on Sunday in the final divisional round game this weekend.

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs wore a T-shirt with a Raven on it extending a middle finger. Suggs said he was "representing" Baltimore as it headed to Saturday's playoff game at Pittsburgh.

In the second meeting of the regular season between the AFC North rivals, the Ravens broke Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's nose -- accidentally -- on a hit by nose tackle Haloti Ngata.

"I was glad we broke his nose," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said with a wry grin this week, "and I was very impressed he played through it. Obviously, you can throw very effectively with a broken nose. He proved that."

Although Harbaugh was kidding, the comment did rankle some people in Pittsburgh, and perhaps elsewhere around the league.

Jets coach Rex Ryan mentioned this week that players need to dislike their opponents at this time of year.

"You shouldn't like who you are going up against right now," he said. "This is the playoffs. I can tell you our whole team respects Brady and the Patriots. But hey, we don't like any of them right now. You shouldn't. [Former Jets running back] Danny Woodhead is a great kid, but I can't stand Danny Woodhead right now.

"I think that's just part of it, and trust me, the feeling is mutual."

#14 JiF

JiF

Here's to 2015!!!

• Members
  • 37,447 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

Called what? lol

I hope Bart destroys him, but I hope it doesnt get him kicked out of the game.
Posted Image

#15 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:32 PM

Stop, you're scaring JGB.
"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#16 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,903 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

Over his last six games against the Jets, Welker averages 8 catches for about 100 yards per game. I'll settle for somebody simply covering Welker, forget about killing him.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#17 DLJ

DLJ

J-E-T-S!

• Members
  • 20,299 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

The first hit Welkah gets, legal or not will yield a flag and a fine. Watch...

Edited by DLJ, 15 January 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#18 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

The first hit Welkah gets, legal or not will yield a flag and a fine. Watch...

Scott will be fined just for the comment.

Posted Image

#19 nycdan

nycdan

I see with my big round eye...

• Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Scott will be fined just for the comment.

Yes. The refs will assess 15-yards against the Jets right before the opening kickoff.
Posted Image

Let's go eat a god damned snack!

#20 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

Yes. The refs will assess 15-yards against the Jets right before the opening kickoff.

I was talking about the league fining him money.

Posted Image

#21 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,903 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

I know I'll be killed for saying this, but it's just not cool for any NFL player to threaten another player's career like this. Stupid, too, for an ILB to do it. All it would take is one Logan Mankins helmet to the knee to put Bart into a two-year search for his kneecap.

Edited by T0mShane, 15 January 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#22 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

I know I'll be killed for saying this, but it's just not cool for any NFL player to threaten another player's career like this. Stupid, too, for an ILB to do it. All it would take is one Logan Mankin helmet to the knee to put Bart into a two-year search for his kneecap.

Word, next time just hire a button man.

Posted Image

#23 DLJ

DLJ

J-E-T-S!

• Members
  • 20,299 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

I know I'll be killed for saying this, but it's just not cool for any NFL player to threaten another player's career like this. Stupid, too, for an ILB to do it. All it would take is one Logan Mankin helmet to the knee to put Bart into a two-year search for his kneecap.

Its like the Jets dont know when to shut up. Last year the bluster was cute and cool, but Im sick of this team being universally hated by any and everyone. I thought the trash wouldve stopped after Cromartie but for Bart Scott to say something like this is ****in' stupid. Let's hope he actually shows up tomorrow.

#24 GimmeShelter

GimmeShelter

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 9,161 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

I thought Rex pretty much has Scott off the field for many of our smaller-quicker looks last week. I expect the same this week.

#25 visajets

visajets

3rd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

Better yet why dont you keep your head in Tom Bradys crotch and STOP posting here. Your posts suck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users