Bart Scott to Welker "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His (Welker's) days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

Matt39

I know I'll be killed for saying this, but it's just not cool for any NFL player to threaten another player's career like this. Stupid, too, for an ILB to do it. All it would take is one Logan Mankins helmet to the knee to put Bart into a two-year search for his kneecap.

ahh, a pat homo SMH

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Jets concede a little bit against the run and Bart Scott is hanging back a little more than usual, he could lay some hits on Welker.

A lot of people don't appreciate what Bart Scott's job is. But he does so much grunt work. I can't count how many times I have seen him just blow up the pulling guard, even just this year. He breaks plays up and doesn't get all the stats or the fame. But when they grade these games out he is grading high.

Sorry, my fat fingers hit neg instead of plus..my bad

I know I'll be killed for saying this, but it's just not cool for any NFL player to threaten another player's career like this. Stupid, too, for an ILB to do it. All it would take is one Logan Mankins helmet to the knee to put Bart into a two-year search for his kneecap.

Better than taking repeated shots at a coaches wife?

Trash talk is one thing - I get it - but saying you want to end someone's career? Really?

I gotta agree. Granted though, that a lot of these intense players think like this, but saying it is just downright crap. I get why Bart feels the way he does, but c'mon. This is not needed. If you want to trash talk, then trash talk. Even go as far as saying something like you're gonna kick some players a$$ is fine, but threatening something that transcends the arena of sport and deals with the personal side of a players livelihood is just stupid, crass, and distasteful beyond the scope of any level of sportsmanship.

Bart, while I love him most of the time, is a freakin turd for saying this.

What Welker did was in poor taste. Bart crossed a different line by insinuating career ending injuries due to Welker's comments.

I actually thought what welker did was mildly amusing. It adds to the drama. I swear, sometimes this sh*t is nothing more than the masculine version of a daytime soap opera.

This is a very un-PC admission; when in week 2 Eric Smith clobbered Welker essentially knocking out of that game and took a 15-yard penalty in the process, I stood up and cheered. It was worth it; Welker was done for the day. I don't wish any ill on anyone. But watching that little guy run wild without anyone hitting him often, hard and regulary is frustrating. Not saying we should go out and commit a 15 yard penalty, but goddamn hit the living sh!t out of him every play. He should have a body on him on the line to hit him(perfectly legal) on passing plays, and if he blocks anyone he should be on his a$$ on running plays(also totally legal).

Wasn't he just trying to buy a penalty or something there? Didn't he sit out 1 or 2 plays and was right back in the game? Maybe I'm thinking of a different game.

Anyway, I love it. I hope Welker gets destroyed. I hope its worse than Ryan Clark's hit on him. I just hope it's somebody else hitting him, cause I don't want Bart to get suspended if its too violent because of what he said here.

I like the comment. Should he threaten a player's livelihood? Eh... probably not, but Bart's telling them clearly that the Jets are 100% behind Rex, and you don't fvck with Rex. That I like.

Jets seem to be pretty fired up for this game and Rex seems unnaturally subdued.

I agree. I have watched all his press conferences this week and he seems extremely calm and confident.

Not sure what to make of it as I feel we have a daunting task Sunday. Rex seems to have a air about him this week in that he either feels he has accomplished enough with the Colts win or that the Jets are totally prepared and will win Sunday.

I actually thought what welker did was mildly amusing. It adds to the drama. I swear, sometimes this sh*t is nothing more than the masculine version of a daytime soap opera.

I also found Welker's comments mildly amusing but it was in poor taste. I thought Mangold's return was amusing as well.

I agree. Not really nice of him so say. Bart Scott will not be winning any Nobel Peace Prizes.

Funny, but I don't remember such an outcry with the "bounty" comments made by the eldest Ryan a while back. Man this country has become nothing but a bunch of whiners.

I agree. Not really nice of him so say. Bart Scott will not be winning any Nobel Peace Prizes.

Does anyone really think he's serious about trying to permanently injury the guy? That POS Welker mocks the coaches wife and it pissed him off, so he vented. Big deal.

Neither is Integrity28 perspective on Bart Scotts comment. That's a fact.

The difference is, I never presented my opinion as anything other than my opinion. I can live with it if people don't agree with it, its just a point of view. You tried to pass of your whining as fact, and that is why you've been corrected.

The difference is, I never presented my opinion as anything other than my opinion. I can live with it if people don't agree with it, its just a point of view. You tried to pass of your whining as fact, and that is why you've been corrected.

My post was no more a statement of fact than yours was. You're whining about nothing.

Archived