biggest Tanny blunder

Obrien2Toon

Biggest Tanny blunder?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Tanny's biggest blunder?

• drafting Gholston
    • releasing Woodhead

Drafting Gholston and it isn't even close. Woodhead wouldn't have done anything on our roster and I'm happy he got a chance with another team. It also doesn't hurt he gets to play with Tom Brady which definitely makes him look better then he would. Gholston was a big miss fire who we've had to pay a ton of money. I'm also pretty sure cutting Woodhead was more of a coaching decision then anything Tanny decided.

My only issue with cutting Woodhead was we did it so we can sign the craptastic David Clowney. The guy can't do sh*t and barely even played for us those games we signed him.

Drafting Gholston and it isn't even close. Woodhead wouldn't have done anything on our roster and I'm happy he got a chance with another team. It also doesn't hurt he gets to play with Tom Brady which definitely makes him look better then he would. Gholston was a big miss fire who we've had to pay a ton of money. I'm also pretty sure cutting Woodhead was more of a coaching decision then anything Tanny decided.

My only issue with cutting Woodhead was we did it so we can sign the craptastic David Clowney. The guy can't do sh*t and barely even played for us those games we signed him.

Agree with everything except that ultimately Woodhead was cut to make room for McKnight. Only time will tell with that one.

Agree with everything except that ultimately Woodhead was cut to make room for McKnight. Only time will tell with that one.

Thats not true though, he was on the roster with McKnight in the beginning of the season, once we needed extra WR help they cut him to make room for Clowney. If he didn't get snatched up he would have been back on the team once we cut Clowney again.

#1 Sanchez @5

#2 Gholston @6

All in all he has an excellent draft record. In all fairness, NYJ mgmnt is not autocratic so these picks are not all on him. Dont all GMs, HCs have clunkers on their resume?

How can you list Sanchez as #1 at this point? Whether you like Sanchez or not, it takes at least 3 years for most QB's to develop. Thus far, Sanchez has done a 1000 times more than the Ghost has. Oh wait, a 1000 times 0 equals 0. My bad.

Thats not true though, he was on the roster with McKnight in the beginning of the season, once we needed extra WR help they cut him to make room for Clowney. If he didn't get snatched up he would have been back on the team once we cut Clowney again.

Ultimately I think they decided to only carry 3 RB's, so I don't think they would have signed Woodhead to the active roster as a RB. Now I will make a case that he should have been retained as a WR instead of the Clown, but that's a different debate.

Good RBs can both get rushing yards & receiving yards. Woodhead has had three games with over 100 yards of offensive production, McKnight one.

Yes because he played and McKnight didn't. It's not McKnight's fault that the Jets have 2 good RB's and not the utter crap the cheaters have so JAG's like Woodhead can make the team.

Good RBs can both get rushing yards & receiving yards. Woodhead has had three games with over 100 yards of offensive production, McKnight one.

Considering McKnight is the Jets 3rd RB and has only been active for about a third of the games this year, while Woodhead is your number two and has been active for every game since he was signed by the Pats....

Would you care to compare Woodhead with Shonn Greene?

edit: I keep mixing up the Cheats overrated gritty white JAGs.

Considering McKnight is the Jets 3rd RB and has only been active for about a third of the games this year, while Woodhead is your number two and has been active for every game since he was signed by the Pats....

Would you care to compare Woodhead with Shonn Greene?

edit: I keep mixing up the Cheats overrated gritty white JAGs.

Sure.

Woodhead 14 games. 926 total yards; 6 TDs; 1 fumble

Greene 15 games 886 total yards; 2 TDs; 3 fumbles

I'm going Woodhead, still blaming Gholston on Mangini.

Tanny drafted Gholston.

And you can easily blame the coaches for not finding a use for Woodhead - who Tanny signed as a UDFA when there was no room for him at RB on the Jets.

But the Jets didn't/don't need Woodhead, and yet they still need the pass rusher that Gholston isn't. You can't even compare the two.

Tanny drafted Gholston.

And you can easily blame the coaches for not finding a use for Woodhead - who Tanny signed as a UDFA when there was no room for him at RB on the Jets.

But the Jets didn't/don't need Woodhead, and yet they still need the pass rusher that Gholston isn't. You can't even compare the two.

+1 People can't get all revisionist with Woodhead. Hell, 90% the people on this board wanted Chauncey Wahington over Woodhead.

How can you list Sanchez as #1 at this point? Whether you like Sanchez or not, it takes at least 3 years for most QB's to develop. Thus far, Sanchez has done a 1000 times more than the Ghost has. Oh wait, a 1000 times 0 equals 0. My bad.

Woodhead doesnt even belong in the conversation.

He cost the Jets nada zippo zero.

Gholston? Big money big bust but lb/de busts dont have the long term impact on a team that high 1st round qbs who dont perform up to expectations do.

I know the jury is still out on MS but I remain pessimistic still hoping the NYJ can continue winning despite him.

+1 People can't get all revisionist with Woodhead. Hell, 90% the people on this board wanted Chauncey Wahington over Woodhead.

Boy this was right in you wheelhouse, I though for sure you would have a huge list that would make both these moves look good.

What's happening to you T0m?

Boy this was right in you wheelhouse, I though for sure you would have a huge list that would make both these moves look good.

What's happening to you T0m?

Hey, the guy has built a team that's really competitive. Sure, he's done it by trading away a million picks and signing or trading for other team's players, but the product is the product. And, the product is good, so he shut my piehole for me. I may be a loudmouth skeptic, but I'm always ready to admit when I've been beat. FOR NOW! Bwahahahaaaa.

Now, if we lose tomorrow and the team gets torn apart this off-season when our FA's bail for more money elsewhere, I'll scream and yell that I was right way before I was wrong. :D

Hey, the guy has built a team that's really competitive. Sure, he's done it by trading away a million picks and signing or trading for other team's players, but the product is the product. And, the product is good, so he shut my piehole for me. I may be a loudmouth skeptic, but I'm always ready to admit when I've been beat. FOR NOW! Bwahahahaaaa.

Now, if we lose tomorrow and the team gets torn apart this off-season when our FA's bail for more money elsewhere, I'll scream and yell that I was right way before I was wrong. :D

I'm sorry I asked.

Archived