Dennis Byrd Message To The Jets

Maxman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what Bart Scott must be thinking. Jets bring in a cheap shot artist who ended his own career on play in which he was leading with his helmet to give the pregame speech after Scott threatens to end an opposing players career.

Hey listen, I like you. But do me a favor and don't post here today. I don't want to see you banned. Anything you say either way is going to be misconstrued.

I remember being in church praying for Dennis Byrd after it happened. So I am VERY sensitive about this and you equating Bart Scott's words with what Dennis Byrd went through, well let's just leave that one alone.

I wonder what Bart Scott must be thinking. Jets bring in a cheap shot artist who ended his own career on play in which he was leading with his helmet to give the pregame speech after Scott threatens to end an opposing players career.

Typical classless NE B.S. I thought you were one of the ones who were better than that, there is ball busting, and then there is just being a dick, I hope you realize this was a very disrespectful post, and apolgize.

Hey listen, I like you. But do me a favor and don't post here today. I don't want to see you banned. Anything you say either way is going to be misconstrued.

I remember being in church praying for Dennis Byrd after it happened. So I am VERY sensitive about this and you equating Bart Scott's words with what Dennis Byrd went through, well let's just leave that one alone.

Agreed. I had a lot of respect for GWAGH before that post. I mean, not that I think it means anything to him/her (not that it should) but I can live with ball busting from a knowledgeable poster who, until now, brought something to the table.

JMO

Unfortunately 99% of them will eventually prove they are a typical NE classless, lowlife, scumbag just like he did today. I have one friend who is a Boston fan that can I can always have a knowledgeable conversation about FB or BB with, but I havent found another one.....just typical scumbags like GWAGH......You have to ask yourself what kind of person goes to another teams boards anyway? Whats the point? F@#$ him and ignore him since he offers nothing. and GO JETS!!

this just FEELS too much like the week or so leading up to SBIII-nobody and I mean NOBODY gave us a snowball's chance in south Florida to win that game either. I just have this feeling like I had the first NE game-I'm not worried-I feel calm and relaxed and confident that my intuition is back. You guys know how I was calling them on the money in August and September? I feel the same way right now. This morning when I woke up I actually heard Bob Wishhusen saying "for the second year in row the Jets are heading to the AFC Championship game". Just like how I told you guys that I saw Revis on the sidelines against Baltimore when he was unsigned-I gave the exact date that he would sign and I was right-ask Greenbean

LOL. Hope so SoFla but just don't see it.

I don't entirely buy it, in the sense that no matter how moving a speech, you still have to go out and take up the task.It's a great story for the media. But Byrd is a man of great faith, and both Ryan and Edwards were extraordinarly complimentary about how moving and inspirational Byrd's pep talk was.

Max may be a nice guy, but I'm not. And I have no qualms about telling you that there's no doubt in my mind that you're a piece of trash after reading this.

Max may be a nice guy, but I'm not. And I have no qualms about telling you that there's no doubt in my mind that you're a piece of trash after reading this.

The Pats employ that paragon of virtue Wilfork, who was not flagged for trying to injure Sanchez at the end.

So glad that Dennis Byrd is being recognized by the Jets again. Far too quiet for too long.

It's a good thing Johnson and REx recognize the old Jets.

As to that class organization up north, Steve Grogan has issues-

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2011/01/15/2011-01-15_expatriots_quarterback_steve_grogan_says_bill_belichick_giving_former_players_th.html

Dennis Byrd to join Jets in Pittsburgh, will take part in coin toss

BY EBENEZER SAMUEL

Last week, the Jets carried Dennis Byrd's old No. 90 jersey onto the field for the coin toss. This week, Byrd himself will join them at midfield.

The former Jets defensive lineman, who suffered a career-ending neck injury during a game in 1992 but learned to walk again, will serve as the Jets' honorary captain in the AFC Championship.

"It's fitting for him to be our captain," Mark Sanchez said. "Hearing about his story for the first time really makes you understand how fortunate we are and how fragile your career is."

Byrd told the team about his struggles in a moving pregame speech the night before the team's upset of New England. Numerous Jets credited Byrd for giving them extra motivation to beat the Patriots.

"His story definitely gave us inspiration last week," Sanchez said. "And it's just fitting that he's going to lead us out before the game."

Archived