Jets @ Steelers: Road Trip Thread - MERGED

4HCrew

I am sitting this one out. Here is my thoughts on attending the AFCC game. One of 2 things will happen, either a) Jets win, in which case who cares about being there, because we are OFF TO THE SUPERBOWL or B) Jets lose, and do you really want to go out there, spend that coin, and deal with the home team fans to see a loss?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright here are all the details:

http://www.jetnation...mpionship-game/

Bus Trip From To Pittsburgh (Jets\Steelers Championship Game)

by Phil Sullivan on January 17, 2011[edit]

The Stadium Events LLC is running a bus trip from NY to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship game. They have several packages and also offer a tailgate only package for those Jets fans that will be in Pittsburgh and are looking to hang out with Jet Nation. The trip includes an overnight stay on Sunday night, the bus departs early on Sunday morning. Here are the details:

AFC Championship (New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers)

Sunday Jan 23, 2011 at 6:30pm

Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

11-300x225.jpg

Single – $955 per person / Double – $885 / Triple – $865 / Quad – $855

Includes
:
Lower Level Ticket
, All-U-Can-Eat & Drink BEER-Burgers-Dogs-Mac & Cheese-Baked Beans-Potato Salad-Chips-Pop-Water-Gatorade during a 3 Hour Tailgate Party, Overnight accommodations Sun at the Best Western Parkway Center Inn, and Round Trip Transportation in a Deluxe Motor Coach with Restroom, Multiple TV Screens, DVD/VCR, CD Player, Reclining Seats, and Overhead Storage for Souvenirs.

Single – $745 per person / Double – $675 / Triple – $655 / Quad – $645

Includes: Upper Level Ticket
, and same as above.

Single – $345 per person / Double – $275 / Triple – $250 / Quad – $225

Includes: No Ticket Option
– includes everything listed above except Game Tickets – for those that have their own.

You can purchase this trip by clicking on the
Stadium Events Shopping Cart

Rough Itinerary:
Sun Depart Long Island with a pickup in Manhattan by 5am. Kick back and enjoy some NFL DVD’s, Movies & Sitcoms along the way. We will arrive at the Hotel around 1pm to get checked in and drop our luggage off before heading to Heinz Field. We will get the juices flowin with a Pre Game Tailgate Party from 2 – 5pm. We will watch the NFC Championship during the Tailgate. The Game starts at 6:30pm. Plenty of time to take some pictures, purchase souvenirs, and get ready for Championship Football!! After the Game hit Station Square with fellow Jet Nation Members!!

Monday:
We will check out at Noon and head for home arriving in the New York City area around 7:30pm. More NFL DVD’s and a Movie for the ride….and some sleeping too. Time to plan for Dallas and the SUPER BOWL!!

2-300x129.jpg

Tagged as: New York Jets, New York Jets Tickets, pittsburgh steelers

I am sitting this one out. Here is my thoughts on attending the AFCC game. One of 2 things will happen, either a) Jets win, in which case who cares about being there, because we are OFF TO THE SUPERBOWL or B) Jets lose, and do you really want to go out there, spend that coin, and deal with the home team fans to see a loss?

I hear what you are saying Joe but the SB prices are ridiculous..to see the Jets clinch with good friends works for me :)

Thanks for helping out with the Marketing efforts. Good job.

Now for some real talk. The Jets have a VERY good chance of winning this game. Super Bowl tickets are currently selling for a minimum of $3,100 without the Jets in the game. So since I would watch a Jets Super Bowl at home if they made it, I am going to enjoy one last road trip!

I hear what you are saying Joe but the SB prices are ridiculous..to see the Jets clinch with good friends works for me :)

Just typed the same thing.

Tyson and I will be in the press box for the Super Bowl anyhow. So what we are really looking at here is one last chance to keep it real this season. Mingle with the fans, etc.

who is definatly going to the game? do we have a tailgate to go to? what is everyone doin about tickets? let me get some information im trying to decide if i should go....let me knoO!

thnx

I am going with my son on this trip on the bus (link below). I believe Tyson is going as well.

http://www.jetnation.com/2011/01/17/bus-trip-from-to-pittsburgh-jetssteelers-championship-game/ His site is here: http://thestadiumevents.com/New_York_City.html --- 877-870-8393 / 586-585-1111

That guy will let people tailgate with him, he said he was going to add an option for that to his shopping cart, but I don't see it yet. Would love to get TONS of Jets fans together for the tailgate! http://www.shop.thestadiumevents.com/category.sc?categoryId=35

I am going with my son on this trip on the bus (link below). I believe Tyson is going as well.

http://www.jetnation.com/2011/01/17/bus-trip-from-to-pittsburgh-jetssteelers-championship-game/ His site is here: http://thestadiumevents.com/New_York_City.html --- 877-870-8393 / 586-585-1111

That guy will let people tailgate with him, he said he was going to add an option for that to his shopping cart, but I don't see it yet. Would love to get TONS of Jets fans together for the tailgate! http://www.shop.thestadiumevents.com/category.sc?categoryId=35

That is steep for having to meet up in NYC. Im gonna have to consider other options. have fun Phil!

who is definatly going to the game? do we have a tailgate to go to? what is everyone doin about tickets? let me get some information im trying to decide if i should go....let me knoO!

thnx

how many jets fans you think are taking the bus trip as my son and I are 99% going either by air or via this bus w/stadium events to pittsburgh...

ok cool, yea i actually spoke to tyson this morning.....im driving from VA so im jus gonna need a place to tailgate....dont need a bus or anything....ill keep checking back on that guys site

-thanx

joe

That is steep for having to meet up in NYC. Im gonna have to consider other options. have fun Phil!

If NJ people sign up, he said he will do a meetup in Jersey City. I should have posted that, hopefully some NJ people are going to do it...

how many jets fans you think are taking the bus trip as my son and I are 99% going either by air or via this bus w/stadium events to pittsburgh...

I talked to Todd the owner of that company, he had 55 that went to Foxboro and he said most of them wanted to do it again. He is open to doing two buses for Pittsburgh which would be really cool. That would be a nice tailgate. Imagine 80 plus Jets fans from the trip and another 75plus that just did the tailgate. That would be NICE!

I talked to Todd the owner of that company, he had 55 that went to Foxboro and he said most of them wanted to do it again. He is open to doing two buses for Pittsburgh which would be really cool. That would be a nice tailgate. Imagine 80 plus Jets fans from the trip and another 75plus that just did the tailgate. That would be NICE!

Hey Max...do you recommend taking the lower level package or upper level option in order to have everyone sit together or should we stubhub it and get better tickets?...do you recommend todd/stadium events, if so, I'll sign up today!!!...can't wait...Gary

Hey Max...do you recommend taking the lower level package or upper level option in order to have everyone sit together or should we stubhub it and get better tickets?...do you recommend todd/stadium events, if so, I'll sign up today!!!...can't wait...Gary

Gary --

This is going to be my first trip with Todd. I had talked to him a few times last year but he was new to this area. I trust him and like I said I will definitely be going. Right now I told him I am doing the land only package but if I can sit with everyone from the group I will just pay him for the seats as well.

Pitt only sits 62k so the uppers are not bad seats at all, especially in the 1st 15 rows...

Oh and to answer your question there is no way of knowing but I think most Jets fans will go for upper to save some money.

Thanks!

Gary --

This is going to be my first trip with Todd. I had talked to him a few times last year but he was new to this area. I trust him and like I said I will definitely be going. Right now I told him I am doing the land only package but if I can sit with everyone from the group I will just pay him for the seats as well.

Pitt only sits 62k so the uppers are not bad seats at all, especially in the 1st 15 rows...

Oh and to answer your question there is no way of knowing but I think most Jets fans will go for upper to save some money.

Thanks!

I will be attending with my nephew. How about tailgate party option only (not on his site) but would love to attend. This is first trip to "enemy territory" for me. What should I expect from crowd? I plan to be resectful but will be wearing JET green and screaming for JET win. Thanks GO J-E-T-S

I will be attending with my nephew. How about tailgate party option only (not on his site) but would love to attend. This is first trip to "enemy territory" for me. What should I expect from crowd? I plan to be resectful but will be wearing JET green and screaming for JET win. Thanks GO J-E-T-S

Hey thanks for signing up. The crowd in Pitt has been good the two times I have been there.

They give you the normal crap but I never had a problem. They were cool at the game the Jets just won there in December.

Definitely check back, if he doesn't add the tailgate option to his site he will allow people to walk up that day I am sure. Thanks!

i cant be the only one who thinks that the feeling of knowing that you are GOING to the Superbowl will equal or rival the thrill of WINNING the Super Bowl.........especially since the Super Bowl is gonna be filled with a bunch of suits in town for steak and hookers! Cmon Tailgate Joe, step up your game son!!! DOnt make me pull a Tailgate JOJO!!

Going to game does anyone know what section is reserved for visiting fans? Want to get tix near fellow fans!

I completely agree...best guess would be upper end zone because that's where the jets' primesport people are selling them...I intend to pull the trigger soon on seats in that section as well...

I completely agree...best guess would be upper end zone because that's where the jets' primesport people are selling them...I intend to pull the trigger soon on seats in that section as well...

That was my guess,but i was hoping someone knew the section #

anyone looking for tickets because i have some extras...few people bailed on me last minute...just trying to get back what i paid $350 each have 6 together...good for a group...email me @ t_murf19@yahoo.com

For those that do already have tix, please post section and row number if possible. I'm probably going the stubhub route and want to get near other Jets fans.

I have extras for 523 and know a few other jet fans in that section. Also these are the hard tickets

Archived