•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jets @ Steelers: Road Trip Thread - MERGED

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#51 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,170 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

how many jets fans you think are taking the bus trip as my son and I are 99% going either by air or via this bus w/stadium events to pittsburgh...

I talked to Todd the owner of that company, he had 55 that went to Foxboro and he said most of them wanted to do it again. He is open to doing two buses for Pittsburgh which would be really cool. That would be a nice tailgate. Imagine 80 plus Jets fans from the trip and another 75plus that just did the tailgate. That would be NICE!
<br />

#52 JJJJJETS

JJJJJETS

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

I talked to Todd the owner of that company, he had 55 that went to Foxboro and he said most of them wanted to do it again. He is open to doing two buses for Pittsburgh which would be really cool. That would be a nice tailgate. Imagine 80 plus Jets fans from the trip and another 75plus that just did the tailgate. That would be NICE!

Hey Max...do you recommend taking the lower level package or upper level option in order to have everyone sit together or should we stubhub it and get better tickets?...do you recommend todd/stadium events, if so, I'll sign up today!!!...can't wait...Gary

#53 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,170 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hey Max...do you recommend taking the lower level package or upper level option in order to have everyone sit together or should we stubhub it and get better tickets?...do you recommend todd/stadium events, if so, I'll sign up today!!!...can't wait...Gary

Gary --
This is going to be my first trip with Todd. I had talked to him a few times last year but he was new to this area. I trust him and like I said I will definitely be going. Right now I told him I am doing the land only package but if I can sit with everyone from the group I will just pay him for the seats as well.

Pitt only sits 62k so the uppers are not bad seats at all, especially in the 1st 15 rows...

Oh and to answer your question there is no way of knowing but I think most Jets fans will go for upper to save some money.

Thanks!
<br />

#54 edscuba

edscuba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

Gary --
This is going to be my first trip with Todd. I had talked to him a few times last year but he was new to this area. I trust him and like I said I will definitely be going. Right now I told him I am doing the land only package but if I can sit with everyone from the group I will just pay him for the seats as well.

Pitt only sits 62k so the uppers are not bad seats at all, especially in the 1st 15 rows...

Oh and to answer your question there is no way of knowing but I think most Jets fans will go for upper to save some money.

Thanks!

I will be attending with my nephew. How about tailgate party option only (not on his site) but would love to attend. This is first trip to "enemy territory" for me. What should I expect from crowd? I plan to be resectful but will be wearing JET green and screaming for JET win. Thanks GO J-E-T-S

#55 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,170 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

I will be attending with my nephew. How about tailgate party option only (not on his site) but would love to attend. This is first trip to "enemy territory" for me. What should I expect from crowd? I plan to be resectful but will be wearing JET green and screaming for JET win. Thanks GO J-E-T-S

Hey thanks for signing up. The crowd in Pitt has been good the two times I have been there.

They give you the normal crap but I never had a problem. They were cool at the game the Jets just won there in December.

Definitely check back, if he doesn't add the tailgate option to his site he will allow people to walk up that day I am sure. Thanks!
<br />

#56 JOJOTOWNSELL

JOJOTOWNSELL

Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

JOJO will def be in Pittsburgh......Now i have to work on Tailgate Joe
stick to flippin hot dogs and burgers on every other sunday - BP 12/20/2010

#57 JOJOTOWNSELL

JOJOTOWNSELL

Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

I am sitting this one out. Here is my thoughts on attending the AFCC game. One of 2 things will happen, either a) Jets win, in which case who cares about being there, because we are OFF TO THE SUPERBOWL or B) Jets lose, and do you really want to go out there, spend that coin, and deal with the home team fans to see a loss?

i cant be the only one who thinks that the feeling of knowing that you are GOING to the Superbowl will equal or rival the thrill of WINNING the Super Bowl.........especially since the Super Bowl is gonna be filled with a bunch of suits in town for steak and hookers! Cmon Tailgate Joe, step up your game son!!! DOnt make me pull a Tailgate JOJO!!

#58 harts724

harts724

Tebow Hater

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

Going to game does anyone know what section is reserved for visiting fans? Want to get tix near fellow fans!

Edited by harts724, 18 January 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#59 4HCrew

4HCrew

Lost in space

• Members
  • 8,058 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

Anyone have hotel recommendations?

40 years and counting... the Joys of a Jets fan

#60 JJJJJETS

JJJJJETS

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

Going to game does anyone know what section is reserved for visiting fans? Want to get tix near fellow fans!

I completely agree...best guess would be upper end zone because that's where the jets' primesport people are selling them...I intend to pull the trigger soon on seats in that section as well...

#61 harts724

harts724

Tebow Hater

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

I completely agree...best guess would be upper end zone because that's where the jets' primesport people are selling them...I intend to pull the trigger soon on seats in that section as well...

That was my guess,but i was hoping someone knew the section #

#62 TMURF19

TMURF19

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

anyone looking for tickets because i have some extras...few people bailed on me last minute...just trying to get back what i paid $350 each have 6 together...good for a group...email me @ t_murf19@yahoo.com

#63 GaNGGreeN4LyFE

GaNGGreeN4LyFE

JeTS iN 08

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

i got my tix today....gonna be with my bro, and two of my boys

section 149 (its 1 of the 5 lower level sections they added for winter classic and left up for the steelers playoffs)

stubhub got a lot in these 5 sections in the area of $315-$375 if anyone is interested

#64 4HCrew

4HCrew

Lost in space

• Members
  • 8,058 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

anyone looking for tickets because i have some extras...few people bailed on me last minute...just trying to get back what i paid $350 each have 6 together...good for a group...email me @ t_murf19@yahoo.com

what section?

40 years and counting... the Joys of a Jets fan

#65 TMURF19

TMURF19

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

what section?

523...putting it on here bc I dont wanna sell to steelers fans...have to make this look like INDY last year for the AFC game

#66 JOJOTOWNSELL

JOJOTOWNSELL

Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

ill be in section 133

#67 Justlaxin211

Justlaxin211

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

i'll be in 113, 4 rows behind the jet sideline......any word on saturday night? maybe a "jet bar" like we had last year in indy?

#68 billo83

billo83

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

For those that do already have tix, please post section and row number if possible. I'm probably going the stubhub route and want to get near other Jets fans.

#69 TMURF19

TMURF19

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

For those that do already have tix, please post section and row number if possible. I'm probably going the stubhub route and want to get near other Jets fans.

I have extras for 523 and know a few other jet fans in that section. Also these are the hard tickets

#70 billo83

billo83

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:53 PM

Thanx TM. I'm thinking about it. It's a little higher than I wanted. There's still on stubhub for a little less

#71 TMURF19

TMURF19

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

Thanx TM. I'm thinking about it. It's a little higher than I wanted. There's still on stubhub for a little less

Yeah NP stubhub has been up and down with prices. Good luck hope to see you out there

#72 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,122 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

BE CAREFUL. I have a friend that lives in Pittsburgh and he tells me that A LOT of fake tickets are being sold on stubhub.

#73 billo83

billo83

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

BE CAREFUL. I have a friend that lives in Pittsburgh and he tells me that A LOT of fake tickets are being sold on stubhub.

Thanks for the heads up. I've done business several times with Stubhub before, including last years Superbowl and never had a problem. But I guess there's always a 1st time.

#74 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

last time i bought tickets from stubhub i lost a kidney. just sayin'.

Also, why isn't shane in this thread? If he goes, I'll tag along and beat a Steelers fan just woozy enough so tom can stand over him and berate him and get back some of his lost manhood. Tom'll be all like, "what-up steelers fan beeyotch?" and then he can grab his junk and be all..."how tough you feelin' now steeler-wuss?" and then I'll kick the guy and Tom'll be all "oh no you dit'int!" and the debacle at the draft party will all be forgotten as the poor fan drags himself along the concrete, reaching for his walker and crying. What? I didn't say I was going to beat up a healthy Steeler fan. I'm not stupid. Just unethical and immoral.

#75 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

This is going to be a personal road trip for me and my buds

Mmmm...that sounds good. I'm coming too. Send me the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users