Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,724 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

POPULAR

Mailbag time:

Congratulations on your win yesterday.
Unfortunately you have clouded a win with very poor sportsmanship. Today we need to set examples for our children on how important it is to show good sportsmanship and class. Your coach and some players need to be reminded of this. It is not all about them. It is important to be role models for our youth. Shame on you for not holding the team to high standards.

Thanks for the congratulations, that is definitely appreciated.

As a general rule, professional sports would benefit from an increased sense of sportsmanship all around, we definitely agree on that. What we don't agree on is the Jets being the cause of this issue. Some Patriots demonstrated poor sportsmanship this season with these acts:

-Tom Brady shouting at the Jets sidelines after scoring over and over again during the Patriots 45-3 victory over the Jets during the regular season
-Wes Welker making foot jokes about Rex Ryan, when this is obviously a sensitive subject since Rex hasn't seen his feet in several years
-A personal foul with excessive pushing during the game by the Patriots

Also we would be remiss if we failed to mention the fine acts of sportsmanship as demonstrated by Billy Belichick:
-Spygate. Videotaping another team and cheating to win, it really doesn't get any better than that
-Stealing a million dollars from a dying man. Leon Hess paid a bonus to Billy so he would be the head coach when Mr. Parcells left the Jets organization. After Mr. Hess passed away, Billy B left this eloquent resignation note and gave an hours notice: I hereby resign as H.C. of the NYJ.
-Sending hush money to your mistress via the teams Fed Ex account was another timeless Billy Belly classic.

Thanks again for wishing us well. We apologize that the Jets running back took a nap in your end zone. That was not in good taste. We will talk to him about living up to the standards that the Patriots have set. Lowering the bar was never the intention.

#2 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Banned
  • 32,203 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

bitchessss
"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#3 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

Sore losers!

#4 gangreenman

gangreenman

The Gamethread/chat Guy

• Members
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

Mailbag time:

Game. Set. Match.
Posted Image

ďThey asked what I was going to do in the off-season and I was like 'What do you mean, off-season?' Iím going to be at the facility...thatís my new home." - Mark Sanchez

#5 El Gringo Loco

El Gringo Loco

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

I don't think that you could have owned somebody more. Great job Max!

#6 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

CZARFACE

• Members
  • 14,749 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

It IS important to set examples for our children, that's why I sit on my moral high horse and pass judgement on people over the Internet.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#7 DarealestmissesNYJ

DarealestmissesNYJ

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

Oh well get over it if they could do it all over again it would be the same way so what
TAKE THE LOST LIKE A MAN AN MOVE ON

#8 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,309 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. Changer fans would love to see a Pats fan crying about poor sportsmanship. You're reply was pure satisfaction Max. It's not often, but sometimes there is justice in the world.

#9 madmikeisback

madmikeisback

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

The self delusion that goes on up there is really mind boggling.

#10 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,124 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

You forgot to mention them dancing on the Chargers logo and mocking the Jets back in December ;)
"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#11 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Anybody who wants their kids to grow up to be like that douche, should be made sterile.

Posted Image

#12 tkiss24

tkiss24

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

Great job Phil.

#13 BroadwayJ667

BroadwayJ667

JetNation Spokesman

• Members
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

This is one o the things I see wrong with the people in this country. Too many whiners. It's just pathetic. It's not limited to sports either, it permeates throughout society.

What Rex and the Jets did was not poor sportsmanship. It was a big game, very emotional and they should celebrate as such.

Don't like it. Suck it up, learn from it, fix what you did wrong and try to correct where you went wrong. That is the adult thing to do.
Posted Image
NYJ 2012 season will be rebuilt like, Now more appropriate with Tebow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kse0MG5n9wI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL716A68B046C6E750

#14 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:34 AM

The self delusion that goes on up there is really mind boggling.

At least the letter writer was actually coherent. He's probably a decent, intelligent guy who's surrounded by Patriot-favoring media, so he has little choice but to absorb it.

If you think New York sportswriters and sportscasters are bad, try listening and reading Patriot oriented sports media like I have to here in Connecticut. If a guy calls in to a radio show and they sense during the phone call that he's not a Patriot fan they'll cut him off with a diatribe before he even gets a chance to make a point. The sports columnists are all falling over themselves trying to brag about how close they are to the team's players-forget about any objective analysis of the team.

All in all, a more pathetic collection of brainwashed shills you won't find anywhere. The letter writer was better than 99.9% of Patriot fandom in the areas of objectivity and reasonableness.

#15 snow_monkey

snow_monkey

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

Yes, the Jets should have shown more class. They should be nicer. Maybe put on a dance number to raise the Patriots spirits after the loss? On their midfield logo.

The Chargers really seemed to enjoy that, when the Pats did it.
"The message to the rest of the league is, hey, the Jets are coming, and we're going to give you everything we got. And I think that's going to be more than you can handle."

#16 shawn306

shawn306

Arbitration Eligible

• Members
  • 7,304 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:12 AM

Tell Tx to kiss my @ss !!!!!!!! :D
Posted Image

#17 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,026 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

Wait. That email was real? An actual Pats fan actually wrote JetNation about the Jets and their fans demonstrating poor sportsmanship?

So let me get this straight: a troll, who probably only signed up on this site in the first place to act like a douche to Jets fans, actually had the balls to write that email?

Max, you were far too kind.
Posted Image

A RYAN ALWAYS SAUSAGES HIS FROSTED FLAKES

#18 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:17 AM

It's funny how bitches always like to play children card.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#19 nycdan

nycdan

I see with my big round eye...

• Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

It's funny how bitches always like to play children card.

The same guy who wrote that was probably teaching his sweet kids how to properly throw a slushee at Rex while he was leaving the field Sunday.
Posted Image

Let's go eat a god damned snack!

#20 BP

BP

• Members
  • 20,665 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

Great job Max!

#21 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 10,784 posts

Hey whoever wrote that. . . SUCK IT

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#22 Kleckineau

Kleckineau

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,219 posts

NYJ do set good examples for the little kids.
Get your blanky....
Uncle Shonne says NAP TIME!!!

#23 visajets

visajets

3rd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:34 AM

Max How about posting the e-mail address, so we can all bombard this jerk with a few e-mails.

#24 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,724 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:45 AM

Max How about posting the e-mail address, so we can all bombard this jerk with a few e-mails.

No I took at the persons name, city and email address on purpose. That just wouldn't be cool imo.

#25 Garb

Garb

Little Miss Sunshine

• Members
  • 17,280 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

Mailbag time:

LOL!

....'gotta love NY Fans.... :rolleyes:

Meh, this anger has been festering for ten years...I get it.
BINGO! - Troy Brown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users