Upset Patriots Fan Emails JetNation

Maxman

Mailbag time:

Congratulations on your win yesterday.

Unfortunately you have clouded a win with very poor sportsmanship. Today we need to set examples for our children on how important it is to show good sportsmanship and class. Your coach and some players need to be reminded of this. It is not all about them. It is important to be role models for our youth. Shame on you for not holding the team to high standards.

Thanks for the congratulations, that is definitely appreciated.

As a general rule, professional sports would benefit from an increased sense of sportsmanship all around, we definitely agree on that. What we don't agree on is the Jets being the cause of this issue. Some Patriots demonstrated poor sportsmanship this season with these acts:

-Tom Brady shouting at the Jets sidelines after scoring over and over again during the Patriots 45-3 victory over the Jets during the regular season

-Wes Welker making foot jokes about Rex Ryan, when this is obviously a sensitive subject since Rex hasn't seen his feet in several years

-A personal foul with excessive pushing during the game by the Patriots

Also we would be remiss if we failed to mention the fine acts of sportsmanship as demonstrated by Billy Belichick:

-Spygate. Videotaping another team and cheating to win, it really doesn't get any better than that

-Stealing a million dollars from a dying man. Leon Hess paid a bonus to Billy so he would be the head coach when Mr. Parcells left the Jets organization. After Mr. Hess passed away, Billy B left this eloquent resignation note and gave an hours notice: I hereby resign as H.C. of the NYJ.

-Sending hush money to your mistress via the teams Fed Ex account was another timeless Billy Belly classic.

Thanks again for wishing us well. We apologize that the Jets running back took a nap in your end zone. That was not in good taste. We will talk to him about living up to the standards that the Patriots have set. Lowering the bar was never the intention.

This is one o the things I see wrong with the people in this country. Too many whiners. It's just pathetic. It's not limited to sports either, it permeates throughout society.

What Rex and the Jets did was not poor sportsmanship. It was a big game, very emotional and they should celebrate as such.

Don't like it. Suck it up, learn from it, fix what you did wrong and try to correct where you went wrong. That is the adult thing to do.

The self delusion that goes on up there is really mind boggling.

At least the letter writer was actually coherent. He's probably a decent, intelligent guy who's surrounded by Patriot-favoring media, so he has little choice but to absorb it.

If you think New York sportswriters and sportscasters are bad, try listening and reading Patriot oriented sports media like I have to here in Connecticut. If a guy calls in to a radio show and they sense during the phone call that he's not a Patriot fan they'll cut him off with a diatribe before he even gets a chance to make a point. The sports columnists are all falling over themselves trying to brag about how close they are to the team's players-forget about any objective analysis of the team.

All in all, a more pathetic collection of brainwashed shills you won't find anywhere. The letter writer was better than 99.9% of Patriot fandom in the areas of objectivity and reasonableness.

Wait. That email was real? An actual Pats fan actually wrote JetNation about the Jets and their fans demonstrating poor sportsmanship?

So let me get this straight: a troll, who probably only signed up on this site in the first place to act like a douche to Jets fans, actually had the balls to write that email?

Max, you were far too kind.

Dude, Max, this is awesome. You've reached such great heights that someone actually thinks you influence the team.

Do me a favor, when you address the team later today, let them know that they need to take it a step further and someone needs to tattoo **** THE PATS on their a$$ the next time we play up there. That would be the most epic endzone dance ever.

Or maybe you should just send a youtube video of Deon Branch screaming at the sidelines after making an all important first down, down 10pts in the 4th quarter...thats class and sportsmanship from a champion.

No I took at the persons name, city and email address on purpose. That just wouldn't be cool imo.

You have demonstrated class and good judgement. Class by your simple yet elloquent response. Good judgement by not giving the board enough information to bombard the guy.

You are the man Max. Well Done!

To ALL Patriots Front-Running Obnoxious Fans - It is time for ALL of you to call 1-800-WAH-WAAH!

Take your grief to that line please - the terms poor winners and even poorer losers never applied more aptly to any team's fans than the Fake-Riots! The old adage "Do as I say, don't Do as I act" applies here - sheesh, you make the Red Sawx fans look OK, although most SAWX fans are Fake-Riots fans, too - whatever - see you next year!

Archived