****The Official New York Jets vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Game Thread AFC CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION****

Iceman88

Same for Knicks-Lakers game 7 that year. Had to listen to Willis hobble out of the locker room on transistor radio.

Marv Alert was the voice of the Knicks back then even. I believe the game was aired on TV per delay at midnight or something but not sure.

you're absolutely right GS it was delayed until like 11 that night-how inspiring was Willis that night bro? I loved those Knicks teams

Feeling really good here. Just watching 'The NFL Championship Chase' on FOX right now and it's got me pretty worked up.

I can't wait, I've been waiting for a Jets game and feeling like I have today since I was 10 years old...I'm 37 now.

LETS GET IT THE **** ON!!!!!

Ive got about 40 people coming over the playoff norm to watch and celebrate this NYJETS victory. My wife is treating me like a king today and cooking her a$$ off. I think she wants this win for me today.

you're also a lucky man when it comes to having a great woman I see Vee Jay

I'm surprisingly calm and confident. I think with all of the close calls we had throughout the regular season and how every break just seemed to go our way it just is our year. I see it being a close game but I can't see us losing.

As are go to guy for our game thread I expect nothing less. Personally I'm frightened. It's scary, like clowns.

I'm surprisingly calm and confident. I think with all of the close calls we had throughout the regular season and how every break just seemed to go our way it just is our year. I see it being a close game but I can't see us losing.

What I've been saying around this house to anybody that I make listen to me is that THE LEAGUE NEEDS THE JETS TO WIN. Just like in 1969 with a possible merger that the Jets helped put over the top the NFL needs the Jets to come to the rescue once again. There might not even BE season this year but the top market team creating all the excitement that they do will once again help get it together for the NFL. I can see us getting a few calls tonight too 88. If you're the NFL who would you rather have representing you at this critical phase; Big Ben coming off a suspension for rape or us?

What I've been saying around this house to anybody that I make listen to me is that THE LEAGUE NEEDS THE JETS TO WIN. Just like in 1969 with a possible merger that the Jets helped put over the top the NFL needs the Jets to come to the rescue once again. There might not even BE season this year but the top market team creating all the excitement that they do will once again help get it together for the NFL. I can see us getting a few calls tonight too 88. If you're the NFL who would you rather have representing you at this critical phase; Big Ben coming off a suspension for rape or us?

I actually talked about that in the sense it just feels like it this year. That feeling scares me and makes me feel teh nervous, but it would be an amazing story for the NFl that is facing a year with no football. I agree Jimmy, love you and your predictions. Jets to the bowl baby.