Is Vernon Gholston Done as A Jet?

billiejimmy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vernon Gholston never really made an impact here. I dont expect one either. He was a waste of a draft pick. My only concern is the revolving linebacker door that I dont want to see happen here. The NYGIANTS have this going on. We need to get a core group and build them up here. Currently Pace--Thomas---Harris---Scott a very good group. Id like to see the addition of a speedy LB that can cover. Pace or Thomas or both could be gone.

Vernon Gholston never really made an impact here. I dont expect one either. He was a waste of a draft pick. My only concern is the revolving linebacker door that I dont want to see happen here. The NYGIANTS have this going on. We need to get a core group and build them up here. Currently Pace--Thomas---Harris---Scott a very good group. Id like to see the addition of a speedy LB that can cover. Pace or Thomas or both could be gone.

Much more likely that Harris is the one that's gone. Alot of money needs to be spent to retain players and i think you can't feasibly spend 8 mil on each LB you have in a 3-4. Especially a LB that is so one dimensional as Harris is. I think Harris is gone and will be replaced by a so-so, cheaper option and they will try like hell to Replace thomas with someone that can legitimately get to the QB regularly.

Much more likely that Harris is the one that's gone. Alot of money needs to be spent to retain players and i think you can't feasibly spend 8 mil on each LB you have in a 3-4. Especially a LB that is so one dimensional as Harris is. I think Harris is gone and will be replaced by a so-so, cheaper option and they will try like hell to Replace thomas with someone that can legitimately get to the QB regularly.

I disagree. All we need is a pass rush and it seems as though they corrected the problem on the chalkboard at the end of the year. Probably good that they were forced to do so. Now we plug in someone a little better than JT and looks good.

Harris is the man. Without him we would not be top in run defense.

Thomas had a decent career but he's finished. Pace disappointed. Beginning of the year i would've said a big NT but the way we stuffed the run two years with Pouha, not AS big a need. (sure we could use one or at least another very good lineman to rotate.

I'm afraid Pryce is gone too.

Our biggest liabilities IMO is at safety.Pool was terrible and I'm not sold at all on Leonard sorry. Coleman did fine right where he is and Smith drops the hammer much harder than leonhard but he is eternally one step behind the guy making the 3rd down ctch. That, to me is our problem.

We stuffed the run on first down, stuffed on second down or else the corners locked up anything substantial. Then came friggin 3rd down and rest assured Smith or Leonhard or one of the slow a$$ LB'ers or second tier backs gets burnt by a nose by a slot or a TE.

Is Vernon Gholston Done as A Jet?

Not neccessarily.

If he's willing to come back for the Minimum salary, as a depth D-Lineman option, I think there is a chance Rex and Tanny would retain him.

I know.

But I'm not convinced he'll be dumped till I see the press release saying it's a done deal. Given our D-line today, as it stands, I'm not sure he wouldn't be kept simply as a warm body to hold a roster spot.

Both Tanny and Rex can (at times) be stubborn over draft picks they made. Rex may yet think he can "fix" the Ghost into something productive.

/wait and see.....

Archived