Mark Sanchez and a 17yr old?

Lil Bit Special

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, Elvis started dating Priscilla when he was 24 and she was 14. She left Germany, where her father was stationed, to be with The King while she was still in high school. Apparently nobody was talking about arrests back then. They got married a few years later.

There is no story here.

Careful - the next Deadspin headline will be "SANCHEZ TO MARRY 17 YEAR OLD!"

If it was in NY/NJ, he's fine. If it was in CA, he's ****ed.

Actually even if it happened in NY/NJ, he is still in trouble because according to those state laws the age of consent is 17/16 respectively but with a max of 3 years difference and 18 is the legal age with no max difference....in other words since E.K is 17 the max age the guy can be is 17+3 = 20 years old... Therefore Sanchez could still be in trouble However, if it happened all at the end of the club then Sanchez might be off the hook if he claims ignorance but as we just saw with the facebook incident it didnt all happen in one night, he texted her therefore he should have known she was 17 by simply looking at her facebook.... but Idk exactly what happened hopefully it all happened in one night and he can claim ignorance and its over

Actually even if it happened in NY/NJ, he is still in trouble because according to those state laws the age of consent is 17/16 respectively but with a max of 3 years difference and 18 is the legal age with no max difference....in other words since E.K is 17 the max age the guy can be is 17+3 = 20 years old... Therefore Sanchez could still be in trouble However, if it happened all at the end of the club then Sanchez might be off the hook if he claims ignorance but as we just saw with the facebook incident it didnt all happen in one night, he texted her therefore he should have known she was 17 by simply looking at her facebook.... but Idk exactly what happened hopefully it all happened in one night and he can claim ignorance and its over

I don't think he has an obligation to look at her facebook.

also, there is nothing in facebook that says it didn't happen in 1 night. All it says is he texted her. He could have texted her, "thanks for popping my cork", who the hell knows, thinking, still she's 21.

I don't think he has an obligation to look at her facebook.

also, there is nothing in facebook that says it didn't happen in 1 night. All it says is he texted her. He could have texted her, "thanks for popping my cork", who the hell knows, thinking, still she's 21.

like I said I hope so

Sorry, but this is false.

If there is an outside age of consent such as 17 or 16 then there is no "year difference." Thus a 17 yr old could legally have sex with a 40 yr old.

The "year difference" you refer to is when one of the participants are under the age of consent. For instance in Connecticut the age of consent is 16. However, the state has a 1 yr age difference rule so a 14 yr old can have sex with a 15 yr old and it won't be illegal.

The age of consent is not contingent on anything. It is the age the state considers a person to be capable of making a reasonable decision about engaging in intercourse. Age difference (+ or - 3yrs) comes into effect when a person is below the age of consent (a 16yr old and a 15 yr old). So long as thee was no force or coercion, there is legal protection from an irate parent claiming rape against their child's boyfriend/girlfriend. 17 is legal no matter how you slice it.

crap SMC just beat me to it. Sorry about that SMC. See you at next week's NAMBLA meeting. I'm bringing cupcakes!

The age of consent is not contingent on anything. It is the age the state considers a person to be capable of making a reasonable decision about engaging in intercourse. Age difference (+ or - 3yrs) comes into effect when a person is below the age of consent (a 16yr old and a 15 yr old). So long as thee was no force or coercion, there is legal protection from an irate parent claiming rape against their child's boyfriend/girlfriend. 17 is legal no matter how you slice it.

EXACTLY.

You said it better than I did

SMC and sirlancemehlalot are correct.

Not to bore everyone to tears, but here is the quote from Wikipedia for the two states.

New York

The age of consent in New York is 17.

The offense will be more serious depending on relative ages, thus:

Sex with a person under 17 is a misdemeanor if the perpetrator is at least 16 (see infra). (“Sexual misconduct,” NY Penal Law § 130.20.)

Sex with a person under 17 is a Class “E” felony if the perpetrator is at least 21. (“Rape in the third degree,” NY Penal Law § 130.25; “Criminal sexual act in the third degree,” NY Penal Law § 130.40.)

Sex with a person under 15 is a Class “D” violent felony if the perpetrator is at least 18. However, it is a defense to this charge if an 18 year-old perpetrator proves by a preponderance that he or she was less than four years older than the victim. This is not a defense to any other charge that might apply, i.e., Sexual misconduct, supra. (“Rape in the second degree,” NY Penal Law § 130.30; “Criminal sexual act in the second degree,” NY Penal Law § 130.45.)

Sex with a person under 13 is a Class “B” violent felony if the perpetrator is at least 18. (“Rape in the first degree,” NY Penal Law § 130.35[4]; “Criminal sexual act in the first degree,” NY Penal Law § 130.50[4].)

Sex with a person under 11 is a Class “B” violent felony if the perpetrator is at least 16. (“Rape in the first degree,” NY Penal Law § 130.35[3]; “Criminal sexual act in the first degree,” NY Penal Law § 130.50[3].)

"Sex," as used above, refers to the four conspicuous types of sexual acts, including "sexual intercourse", and the three forms of acts known as "deviant sexual intercourse" under the former (pre-2003) law, now called "oral sexual conduct" (both types), and "anal sexual conduct."

Non-intercourse sexual activity is also regulated based on age. Non-intercourse sexual activity, called "sexual contact" is defined as "any touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a person not married to the actor for the purpose of gratifying sexual desire of either party. It includes the touching of the actor by the victim, as well as the touching of the victim by the actor, whether directly or through clothing." (NY Penal Law § 130.00[3].) If the person is underage such "sexual contact" can constitute the crime of "sexual abuse."

"Sexual contact" with a person less than 17 but at least 14, by a perpetrator who is at least five years older than the victim is "Sexual abuse in the third degree," a class B misdemeanor. (NY Penal Law § 130.55.)

"Sexual contact" with a person less than 14 is "Sexual abuse in the second degree," a Class A misdemeanor, if the perpetrator is at least 16. (NY Penal Law § 130.60[2].)

"Sexual contact" with a person less than 11 is "Sexual abuse in the first degree," a class "D" violent felony, if the perpetrator is at least 16. (NY Penal Law § 130.65[3].)

New Jersey

The age of consent in New Jersey is 16. However, minors aged 13, 14 and 15 may legally engage in sexual activities with persons up to 4 years older than them. For example, it is lawful for a 14-year-old male or female to engage in sex with a person up to 18 years of age. This also applies for 13-year-olds (up to 17), etc.[38]

2C:14-2. Sexual assault... c. An actor is guilty of sexual assault if he commits an act of sexual penetration with another person under any one of the following circumstances:... (4) The victim is at least 13 but less than 16 years old and the actor is at least four years older than the victim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

You know, a lot of people are still 17 when they graduate high school. Do you think it is realistic that somebody could graduate school, start a full time job but not be able to go out with someone who is 25 or 30 if they want?

Super Bowl is tomorrow and Jets fans everywhere are debating the legal age of consent to determine whether or not their star QB is a pedophile. Only in Jets-land, baby.

Thats because noone here really gives a rats hiney about that lame superbowl tomorrow.

Who gives a s*** about what society says. If 2 people wanna go at it, free world.

So is it okay for a 40 year old guy to put his dirty schlong in a 13 yr old girl as long as they both say "it's ok, free world" <_<

Super Bowl is tomorrow and Jets fans everywhere are debating the legal age of consent to determine whether or not their star QB is a pedophile. Only in Jets-land, baby.

Hes a pedophile now? You need to be BANNED for FALSE and SLANDEROUS ACCUSATIONS. Why are US NYJETS fans subjected to this type of posting on this message board?

lol@ the dick measuring contest in this thread. I have no dog in the fight, by all means carry on with this entertaining quasi beef.

Thank you DLJ, sorry to disturb you. I just dont take too kindly to anyone calling anyone a rapist or a pedophile without proof.

Oh and its 7.5" not that you care anyway. :P

SMC and sirlancemehlalot are correct.

You know, a lot of people are still 17 when they graduate high school. Do you think it is realistic that somebody could graduate school, start a full time job but not be able to go out with someone who is 25 or 30 if they want?

I was a sophmore in college when I was 17, but not quarterbacks would have sex with me!

So is it okay for a 40 year old guy to put his dirty schlong in a 13 yr old girl as long as they both say "it's ok, free world" <_<

I'm 44 and very clean, thank you.

lol@ the dick measuring contest in this thread. I have no dog in the fight, by all means carry on with this entertaining quasi beef.

Who is measuring? I don't know if I should run and hide or put it on the table!

Thank you DLJ, sorry to disturb you. I just dont take too kindly to anyone calling anyone a rapist or a pedophile without proof.

Oh and its 7.5" not that you care anyway. :P

I dunno, is that considered impressive in straight circles? :P

Archived