THE BULLS!

ECURB

I realize that your brain is more than likely hindered by undissolved Muscle Milk resin and dreams of becoming a UFC fighter, but you do realize that PER isn't simply a measure of FG percentage right? Rose has been pretty solid in the efficiency department this postseason.

He just peeked at the Box score...

Rose started HORRIBLE... 0-7... that is why they lost the game... that was the difference... if he goes 3-7 there the Hawks never had a chance...

That 0-7 killed his box score stats too... down the stretch he was himself.

Bulls will win this series in 6... I wish they got the Magic... but lets be realistic the Bulls CRUSHED the hawks during the season and when they lost it was a 3 point upset.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize that your brain is more than likely hindered by undissolved Muscle Milk resin and dreams of becoming a UFC fighter, but you do realize that PER isn't simply a measure of FG percentage right? Rose has been pretty solid in the efficiency department this postseason.

Muscle Milk is trash, i take Optimum nutrition Gold Standard Whey lol. I should of clarified what i was referring to which is his inability to shoot efficiently. He shot 40% last night and took way to many 3's.

Rose started HORRIBLE... 0-7... that is why they lost the game... that was the difference... if he goes 3-7 there the Hawks never had a chance...

Bulls will win this series in 6... I wish they got the Magic... but lets be realistic the Bulls CRUSHED the hawks during the season and when they lost it was a 3 point upset.

No I watched the game excpet for the last 2 minutes. He jacked up 7 3's last night when he's a career barely 30% 3pt. shooter. Atlanta will be more than happy to let him chuck up 3's. Terrible shooting night from Rose.

Looks like Lakers and Bulls are done... oh well

Damn, you went from a new 6-peat by the Bulls to done in like a 2 week span.

Like others have said, it will be an interesting series. I've very impressed in how the Hawks have played this postseason. They're like the East's version of the Grizzlies.

And as noted, the Heat are going to smoke through the conference. The best thing to happen to them was facing Philly in round 1. Bad matchup for Philly and the Heat got it's playoff mojo.

No I watched the game excpet for the last 2 minutes. He jacked up 7 3's last night when he's a career barely 30% 3pt. shooter. Atlanta will be more than happy to let him chuck up 3's. Terrible shooting night from Rose.

That was youth and inexperience at its best. Once Smith, Crawford, and Johnson started going off like that and the rest of his team was faltering, he started playing like he needed to keep up with them as much as possible. It was pretty interesting to watch the contract that was Jason Kidd directly after that game as well. You simply can not dictate the pace of a game on both sides of the floor any better than that.

The Hawks stood tough and thick in the paint and dared Rose to drive it, eC. He didn't take the bait and then couldn't hit from the outside. Unfortunately, nobody else was clicking enough do make up the delta. I'm not worried, unless, we struggle bigtime and go down Wednesday night. Then there's major cause for concern.

the last team to win an NBA finals with their best player being 6'3 and shooting 43% is......?

Wow - thats an amazing stat. What say we spend a few minutes in reality? The last team to win the NBA championship with an NBA MVP on their team is........?

Damn, you went from a new 6-peat by the Bulls to done in like a 2 week span.

Like others have said, it will be an interesting series. I've very impressed in how the Hawks have played this postseason. They're like the East's version of the Grizzlies.

And as noted, the Heat are going to smoke through the conference. The best thing to happen to them was facing Philly in round 1. Bad matchup for Philly and the Heat got it's playoff mojo.

That was sarcasm... lol

The Hawks stood tough and thick in the paint and dared Rose to drive it, eC. He didn't take the bait and then couldn't hit from the outside. Unfortunately, nobody else was clicking enough do make up the delta. I'm not worried, unless, we struggle bigtime and go down Wednesday night. Then there's major cause for concern.

Thibs got out coached I think... sure the players could have compensated but Thibs does not let up that may points... and that many easy points...

The Bulls win games when they hold their opponents to 90 or less... over 90 and it becomes a toss up of whether Drose can be godly that night or not...

I would be shocked if the Hawks break 100 again... and while I dont expect the bulls to be up by 40 like they did to the Hawks during the year I expect this to be a revenge game...

Rose is nothing more than a slightly taller Allen Iverson

not that it's a bad thing but he ain't winning no championships with that team

i tried to tell ya'll the Bulls are this years Cavs

Thank god the Bulls arent this years Celtics...

The Bulls just won Slopfest .... which is better than losing Slopfest ... but is not inordinately comforting with Lebron et al waiting.

I think they need to get Korver and Taj some more minutes... Thibs went with some weird lineups and rotation last night... I think he is just messing around trying to see what sparks up... at least the D was back on...

I think they need to get Korver and Taj some more minutes... Thibs went with some weird lineups and rotation last night... I think he is just messing around trying to see what sparks up... at least the D was back on...

Deng had 46 minutes and continues to be our version of the iron horse. Boozer blew at least 3, easy, under the bucket conversions on offensive boards. Thats got not a lot to do with his turf toe. Atlanta played essentially the same game as game 1 - they took a slew of bad shots. Difference being this time they didn't make near as many of them. Bulls D was tenacious - that was good to see, but there were a bunch of times when we had the ball and the got tied up 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 and everyone else stood there with their thumbs up the azz forcing a bad shot or another turn over. Not real fluid. On to Hot'lanta .

Deng had 46 minutes and continues to be our version of the iron horse. Boozer blew at least 3, easy, under the bucket conversions on offensive boards. Thats got not a lot to do with his turf toe. Atlanta played essentially the same game as game 1 - they took a slew of bad shots. Difference being this time they didn't make near as many of them. Bulls D was tenacious - that was good to see, but there were a bunch of times when we had the ball and the got tied up 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 and everyone else stood there with their thumbs up the azz forcing a bad shot or another turn over. Not real fluid. On to Hot'lanta .

Boozer baffles me... he flashes the ability to dominate...

This exchange is profoundly amusing to me because it's occurred between me and dbateslady (lifelong Bulls fan) during every single Bulls playoff game. "Sweet mother of mystery, dbatesman, you were so right about Boozer. He is a miserable, out-and-out bum. A guy with that body and those moves should never get pushed around in the post or settle for fadeaway jumpers. And what's with the yelling? 'Gimme that board!' 'Get my man!' For $80 million, I don't think it's too much to ask for him to get the ball himself, or show even a modicum of effort on defense, but I guess that isn't part of Coach K's plan for molding men. If you have an ounce of basketball sensibility in your body, the only reasonable response to watching Boozer is an overwhelming desire to throw your TV out the window. Also, why does he look like a gay genie?" And I just nod knowingly.

Also, why does he look like a gay genie?"

I think you've hit on something db - from here on in he is Sinbad to me. After that becomes accepted we can change it to playsbad.

And dbateslady sounds like a righteous woman - have you been able to get her away from the Bears yet? I can offer some advice in this matter having been through it.

I think you've hit on something db - from here on in he is Sinbad to me. After that becomes accepted we can change it to playsbad.

And dbateslady sounds like a righteous woman - have you been able to get her away from the Bears yet? I can offer some advice in this matter having been through it.

Righteous she is. She's actually a Packers fan (dad's from WI), so our autumn days are spent alternating between Jets suffering and Bears schadenfreude.

This exchange is profoundly amusing to me because it's occurred between me and dbateslady (lifelong Bulls fan) during every single Bulls playoff game. "Sweet mother of mystery, dbatesman, you were so right about Boozer. He is a miserable, out-and-out bum. A guy with that body and those moves should never get pushed around in the post or settle for fadeaway jumpers. And what's with the yelling? 'Gimme that board!' 'Get my man!' For $80 million, I don't think it's too much to ask for him to get the ball himself, or show even a modicum of effort on defense, but I guess that isn't part of Coach K's plan for molding men. If you have an ounce of basketball sensibility in your body, the only reasonable response to watching Boozer is an overwhelming desire to throw your TV out the window. Also, why does he look like a gay genie?" And I just nod knowingly.

You know, you can just come out and say you're dating a dude. It's 2011 man, no need to go through all this.

Offensively Atlanta has like 3-4 players who are essentially the same guy.

True dat - and tonight they hit their shots. I've been thinking of the best way to describe the Hawks offensively other than Teague and one of the commentators hit it on the head. "They are incredibly athletic, but don't confuse that with being energetic - they're not consistently energetic and thats why they're so up and down" "When the Hawks play well it's when their hustling"

Tonight they played energetically on O and D and had no problem putting away the Bulls who also made a lot fewer of the shots they took.

The last thing I wanted to hear was Larry Drew recite pretty much this exact same analogy after the game. If he understands that and can keep those guys hustling, the Bulls will have to put up good shooting numbers to beat them and they or no team is capable of that every game. Good game tonight even with Chicago shooting horrifically. Boozer looked like somebody put Benzedrine in his Gatorade.

True dat - and tonight they hit their shots. I've been thinking of the best way to describe the Hawks offensively other than Teague and one of the commentators hit it on the head. "They are incredibly athletic, but don't confuse that with being energetic - they're not consistently energetic and thats why they're so up and down" "When the Hawks play well it's when their hustling"

Tonight they played energetically on O and D and had no problem putting away the Bulls who also made a lot fewer of the shots they took.

The last thing I wanted to hear was Larry Drew recite pretty much this exact same analogy after the game. If he understands that and can keep those guys hustling, the Bulls will have to put up good shooting numbers to beat them and they or no team is capable of that every game. Good game tonight even with Chicago shooting horrifically. Boozer looked like somebody put Benzedrine in his Gatorade.

Deng/Korver lost that game...

When the Bulls give up 95+ points... they almost always will lose... they need to suffocate teams to under 90 points.. that is their style.

Larry Drew can coach. Plain and simple. He plays his matchups very well and probably rotates his players better than anyone else in the league. I love the fact that his defensive philosophy is that rather than trying to shut you down, he'd rather focus on just making you play awkwardly. It's pretty funny, Atlanta's starting to play Chicago the exact opposite of the way they played Orlando. They guarded everyone else against the Magic and told Howard they'd let him do whatever he wanted, they just weren't going to let anyone else beat them. "Here Dwight, you can do whatever you want, but we're not going to let anyone else do anything all game." Now Atlanta's basically scrambling to stop Rose from doing anything, and saying they'll take their chances with letting guys like Deng, Korver, and Boozer try to keep up with them scoring. It's a good bet.

Like Jason said, Rose is by far the best player on the court in this series, but Atlanta has the deeper team, better scorers, and experience. So long as they can keep Rose under 40 and shoot at least 40% from the field I still think they're going to eek this one out.

Larry Drew can coach. Plain and simple. He plays his matchups very well and probably rotates his players better than anyone else in the league. I love the fact that his defensive philosophy is that rather than trying to shut you down, he'd rather focus on just making you play awkwardly. It's pretty funny, Atlanta's starting to play Chicago the exact opposite of the way they played Orlando. They guarded everyone else against the Magic and told Howard they'd let him do whatever he wanted, they just weren't going to let anyone else beat them. "Here Dwight, you can do whatever you want, but we're not going to let anyone else do anything all game." Now Atlanta's basically scrambling to stop Rose from doing anything, and saying they'll take their chances with letting guys like Deng, Korver, and Boozer try to keep up with them scoring. It's a good bet.

Like Jason said, Rose is by far the best player on the court in this series, but Atlanta has the deeper team, better scorers, and experience. So long as they can keep Rose under 40 and shoot at least 40% from the field I still think they're going to eek this one out.

No way Atlanta wins game 4 if it was in Chicago... that was a tie game with under 5 minute to go...

I still think Bulls in 6... but I guess it could go 7...

No way Atlanta wins game 4 if it was in Chicago... that was a tie game with under 5 minute to go...

So the crowd was gonna make up for some of those 20 missed shots that Rose took?? or those awful turnovers in the last few minutes of the game?? The Hawks simply played a bit more composed and under control the final 5 minutes of the game, I don't think a change of venue would have made a difference.

Then you're journeying into an alternate universe. If game 4 was in Chicago, that meant that games 1 & 2 were in Atlanta and the series would have a whole different outlook. Atlanta could have been up 2-1 going into game 4 rather than down 1-2.

Then you're journeying into an alternate universe. If game 4 was in Chicago, that meant that games 1 & 2 were in Atlanta and the series would have a whole different outlook. Atlanta could have been up 2-1 going into game 4 rather than down 1-2.

My point was that the reason they won was home court... and that is usually expected... especially in round 2 and beyond... if the same game was played up until 3 min left in Chicago... the Bulls would have won... that crowd was there louder than ever in ATL

My point was that the reason they won was home court... and that is usually expected... especially in round 2 and beyond... if the same game was played up until 3 min left in Chicago... the Bulls would have won... that crowd was there louder than ever in ATL

Missed the whole damn thing with band practice - got a big gig this weekend and we're incorporating a lot of new stuff. We looked pretty good from the post game stuff I'm hearing, huh?

Missed the whole damn thing with band practice - got a big gig this weekend and we're incorporating a lot of new stuff. We looked pretty good from the post game stuff I'm hearing, huh?

come on let's go bulls already... going to be really tough now to finish this off now

This was another display of why Taj needs more minutes... Asik too really... Noah and Boozer basically sat out the 4th Q...

I would like to see...

Rose - Bogans - Deng - Noah - Asik - Defensive Lineup

Rose - Korver - Deng - Taj - Noah - Offensive Lineup

Noah and Taj are starting to get a pretty decent post game... and Asik looks like a real 7 footer... the real deal...

I don't know where Boozer fits in all of this... if at all..

Archived